[Music] First Attempt at a Song - Constructive Criticism

So I finally finished writing/producing my very first song, and I'm looking for some constructive criticism/feedback from the community. The song is almost entirely 'produced', that is, none of it was actually recorded from real instruments except for the electric guitar. It's also an instrumental, so you don't have to hear my boring voice.

A few things to note if you plan on giving some feedback:
    -Yes, I know it's very simple and not impressive.
    -Yes, I am terrible at playing guitar (I'm mainly a drummer).
    -Songwriting comments would be helpful, but I'm more interested in feedback about the actual sound. Would you have been able to tell that those actually aren't real instruments if I had not mentioned it? And if so, how 'fake' does it sound?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link to the song:
    http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...=10322286&q=hi

I actually really liked the guitar, if you think you're better at drums try to them more into your songs. Also finding a singer would be nice.

The acoustic lead is pretty catchy, sounds good.

About the sound, it's kinda noticeable that the acoustic guitar is not recorded from a real instrument. What gives it away are the strokes, they sound too "robotic", and not like the regular up-down pattern a chord is usually played.

Quote Originally Posted by Perwoll View Post
    The acoustic lead is pretty catchy, sounds good.

About the sound, it's kinda noticeable that the acoustic guitar is not recorded from a real instrument. What gives it away are the strokes, they sound too "robotic", and not like the regular up-down pattern a chord is usually played.
    Ahhh, yes. I knew something sounded unnatural about it, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Thanks for pointing that out.