Thread: Warr Macro

10+ Year Old Account

Warr Macro

I am a little lazy when it comes to wow, so i like to press the least amount of buttons possible. As a fury warr it is very important to gain rage whenever possible to allow my freight train to keep rolling. Currently my battle shouts are a 30 sec cd and it is kind of annoying pressing it every 30 sec in a fight.

#showtooltip Raging Blow
    /cast Commanding Shout
    /cast Raging Blow
    My problem with this macro is that if commanding shout is on cooldown, the macro jus stops nd will not cast raging blow unless the shout is on cooldown. Is there a command i can use tht will allow the macro to skip the shout if on cooldown?

Nope, but try putting them in the other order.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh not perfect but its giving what i want.
    thank you very much

What would have made it perfect?

10+ Year Old Account
    being able to cast commanding shout (when up) for rage or if on cd jus casting raging blow, currently the macro requires a target to cast shout as well

or even cast either battle or commanding depending on what is off cd then raging blow
    Last edited by mode; 2011-02-25 at 02:29 AM.

The issue I believe stems from having two GCD actions in a single macro. Since /castsequence was removed, as far as I'm aware, it's impossible to correctly macro and efficiently macro two GCD inducing moves into the same macro. See: Paladins and Bubble Hearthing.

From my knowledge of macros, this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=harm,nodead] Raging Blow
    /cast Battle Shout

Should no longer require a target for Battle Shout to trigger. WoW will read the first line [target=harm,nodead] will return a negative value, so the client will not parse that line, and will continue onto the next one '/cast Battle Shout'.

Beyond that I can only recommend returning to two buttons, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

Gl
    -Vin-

It wasn't removed. Don't spread false information.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-02-25 at 02:59 PM.

I know this is not the warrior thread but I wouldn't recommend using this macro since you will have DPS issues.

First of all, you shouldn't be using CS everytime is up; you should use it everytime you need it and you need to align it well with your other cooldowns so you don't throw away a GCD. You might need it before a raging blow and this blows your chances to use it. So I'd say go for moar buttons :P

I know I'm not being helpful about the thread, sorry about that

I have tied in Battle Shout with Inner Rage. Since Inner Rage doesn't trigger the GCD, they can both be run at once, and the BS will give me more rage when IR is about to start sucking up my rage :P

What?! When was /castsequence removed? I swear I still use a cast sequence macro for Solarbeam and Roots, and enhan wep enchants... o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Korv View Post
    What?! When was /castsequence removed? I swear I still use a cast sequence macro for Solarbeam and Roots, and enhan wep enchants... o_O
    It hasn't been removed.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    It hasn't been removed.
    I know, just playin' :P