Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bestpriesteu View Post
    i see that point what youre saying but really who wants to play sp then ? really who ? when there is disk that is like much stronger than disk ? and who wants to play with a sp with out dispels than , alrdy got many wispers of ppl that rerolling disk next patch

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 03:59 AM ----------

to waste more mana of priest ? sigh , 2 are fine
    Maybe that's the point.

And just so you know, only one specc of mage is viable for arena (and it's hella op)

You still got disc. Quit your QQing.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No. Deciding that they do not want people who rolled a Priest to have the option of doing damage in PVP is completely stupid and makes no sense. You can complain about Mages somewhere else, because all three of your talent trees are for DPS. If Frost got nerfed you wouldn't be forced to either reroll or play a completely different role, so your "You still got disc. Quit your QQing." advice is terrible as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's balanced.
    Comps like Shadowcleave (Resto Druid/ Spriest /DK) or (Resto Druid/Mage/Spriest) were reasons behind this nerf. Ultimately you could never have someone CC'ed unless you CC'ed two targets at the same time.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Quote Originally Posted by bestpriesteu View Post
    i see that point what youre saying but really who wants to play sp then ? really who ? when there is disk that is like much stronger than disk ? and who wants to play with a sp with out dispels than , alrdy got many wispers of ppl that rerolling disk next patch

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 03:59 AM ----------

to waste more mana of priest ? sigh , 2 are fine
    You sir are just full of QQ. I'll just have to say gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by b3ndingunit88 View Post
    You sir are just full of QQ. I'll just have to say gtfo.
    sigh , im olny pointing out thats just gay when the nurfed shamans with dispel to 1 , and we also need that , you know ench shamans where really op with 2 harmerful dispels , that why the nurf them with 1 , then we also need a nurf to 1 sigh.....

sp is doing 30% of the game dispels and than you removing that from them that just retarted if you nurf that gief us something else like a snare or something...

Baddies will cry, pros will find ways of overcoming this challenge.

I hope all you cry babies go roll something else.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

This is going to make 2v2 very hard for shadow priests...

At least we can still dispell ourselves. I am annoyed at how Spell Steal works, which is just like dispell, except... better..

Most of my tactics for fighting other casters involve me casting dispell on them. Dispelling a mages shield, a lock's shadow absorption shield.

It just pisses me off that Blizzard is making all these nerfs to disc priests, and it's spilling over into the survivability of Shadow in PVP.

Also, Ansible, that is just uncalled for. Reported.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    This is going to make 2v2 very hard for shadow priests...

At least we can still dispell ourselves. I am annoyed at how Spell Steal works, which is just like dispell, except... better..

Most of my tactics for fighting other casters involve me casting dispell on them. Dispelling a mages shield, a lock's shadow absorption shield.

It just pisses me off that Blizzard is making all these nerfs to disc priests, and it's spilling over into the survivability of Shadow in PVP.
    the reason the change is being made is because shadow priests were too strong in 2s and 3s, by grouping with another person who can dispel you completely eliminate any ability for the other team to cc. really shadow priests are one of the best classes for arenas 2s 3s and 5s atm you dont have anything to complain about...

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Just mass dispel those sheeps, fears n other stuff from your teammates!

EDIT: No mobility? No self heals? Bad mana efficiency? What kind of weed you've been smokin' man and didn't pass it to us!

Mobility: Fade + 4cp set bonus if used smart are imba combined with a few peels of your teammates.
    Mana efficiency: Masochism + fiend + disperse, and on top of all you can get a few ticks from your hymn.
    Self healing: Best offheals after the ret pally buff.
    I don't really get the point in cc-ing dispersion. Not like you can do a lot of stuff while disperse (except run behind pillar if not stunned). You can CC almost every other defensive CD.

Only thing which I can agree with you is dot protection and crappy mastery.

1. Fade removes a snare, but it does not make us immune. Try fading away from a warrior or a rogue... or a dk.

2. 4P Set is meant for DISC PRIESTS... and yet shadow is forced to use it...

3. Self healing isn't all that great when you suffer a double hit to your efficiency (One for being in a pvp zone, another for being shadow) and it's damned expensive.

4. Fiend has a 2 minute cooldown, and has to actually HIT your target in order to restore mana... it can be feared, frozen, snared, even killed before the duration is up.

5. Masochism hurts us, and does not restore mana if the damage is absorbed.

6. Disperse is great, it really is, but it has failed to cease people focusing me, and the mana it restores isn't all that much.

The only "great" man return tool I can think of is Archangel, and even then you have to risk being locked out of your magic school in order to get it to work.

Deleted
    You can still do all of those things though.

People seem completely misinformed about what is being nerfed here.

Offensive dispel is staying, for all specs. It will be 1 effect per cast, for all specs.
    Self dispel is staying, for all specs. 2 effect per cast as now.
    Ally dispel is going disc/holy only, 2 effects per cast.

The sky is not falling, all it means is you can't dispel your teammates. You can still strip all the buffs off an enemy mage or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    You can still do all of those things though.

People seem completely misinformed about what is being nerfed here.

Offensive dispel is staying, for all specs. It will be 1 effect per cast, for all specs.
    Self dispel is staying, for all specs. 2 effect per cast as now.
    Ally dispel is going disc/holy only, 2 effects per cast.

The sky is not falling, all it means is you can't dispel your teammates. You can still strip all the buffs off an enemy mage or the like.
    "Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect"

Either it's very poorly worded or you're wrong.

Deleted
    "Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect"

Either it's very poorly worded or you're wrong.
    Firstly, remember this is a very early patch note.
    Also, bear in mind the datamined tooltip:

Dispel Magic can now only be casted on yourself to remove harmful effects, and now only removes 1 beneficial spell from enemies, down from 2.
    This seems to be what they're shooting for - offensive classes don't have defensive dispels, except s.priest. Offensive dispels on the other hand are fine (see mage, shaman).

I think that every shadow priest will agree that some real dispel protection would compensate for all the nerfs received.

It's easy to do.

Give Sin and Punishment a seperate DR, no DR, & give us the cast cost of our DoTs back when they are dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Firstly, remember this is a very early patch note.
    Also, bear in mind the datamined tooltip:

This seems to be what they're shooting for - offensive classes don't have defensive dispels, except s.priest. Offensive dispels on the other hand are fine (see mage, shaman).
    It has also confused me so i am not yet sure if my earlier comment is valid or not...

I will say that in what PvP i've done our mana pool does feel skinny and while I haven't played a mage (so can only take what is being said about their mana pool as true) it seems a bit unfair that their resource isn't limited in the same way other casters resources are limited. What it means for spriests is that you need to somehow guarantee a battle to last x seconds whereas a mage (and to some extent locks) have mechanisms to last for extended periods of time. If mana is supposed to be a finite resource then lets see that methodolgy applied across the board.

As for dispel, I see why the change has come about and don't necessarily disagree with it but it does mean that some more consistency needs to be applied to debuff sources. If magic is going to be the only debuff that can be removed by a healer then lets see some consistency in magic debuffs being powerful and thus need to be removed to be managed. That means debuffs such as curses/poisons & diseases need to be less severe and have ways of managing them that aren't to remove them. As such these debuffs may need to attract some sort of protection because the classes that can remove them all of a sudden gain extrodinary power over classes that rely on them.

I'd also like to see cure disease moved from the holy school do the disc school as compensation for the dispel change. If they make that change combined with better debuff source management I think the change is a good thing in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Purge was nerfed to one. The only thing that really needs to fall into place here is Spellsteal, that needs a ridiculous cooldown.
    then u need to be able to pick what u wanna steal or might as well remove spellsteal cuz no way ur grabbing that bop or wings with 9 other buffs up

Quote Originally Posted by ogspider View Post
    then u need to be able to pick what u wanna steal or might as well remove spellsteal cuz no way ur grabbing that bop or wings with 9 other buffs up
    Erm...no. You get to use all the buffs you steal, every other Dispel just removes them. Suggesting ways to make Spellsteal even better than the other spells than it currently is would make it even more overpowered, and you are not supposed to be able to completely remove another classes cooldown with 1 button, which would be overpowered even if you didn't get to use the buff yourself. I think a massive mana cost with the current design should be alright, since a cooldown would be rather clunky considering most buffs you want to steal would be low duration.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerend View Post
    the reason the change is being made is because shadow priests were too strong in 2s and 3s, by grouping with another person who can dispel you completely eliminate any ability for the other team to cc. really shadow priests are one of the best classes for arenas 2s 3s and 5s atm you dont have anything to complain about...
    Shadowpriests do not group with someone who can dispel in 2s, they play double dps because spriests aren't good unless they have some who can peel well and/or serves as a more important target.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    That's more of an issue with mage armor than Spellsteal. A frost mage with mage armor wont oom unless he's like..spamming blizzard every GCD. You could easily spam spellsteal to oom, but as soon as you stop you'll be back to a mana neutral set of spells so it doesn't really matter that you have 5% mana.

I'm not completely adverse to a spellsteal change, but it seems pretty in line with purge and dispel magic if you ask me. It's dispels with a bonus, sort of like spell relfect works like a grounding totem with a bonus. Either way, a cooldown on spellsteal is still not the way to "fix" it if it does in fact need one.
    well i share your opinion, maily cause i´m a mage myself, BUT that lil bonus of which your are talking can turn out to be a malus as well.
    E.G. stealing a ice-armor from another mage overwriting your magic/molten-armor, i wouldnt call that a bonus. Or stealing an int buff, resetting yours to 2 minutes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    I don't think the sky is falling on shadow priests in 4.1, this change along with the Word of Glory CD is balancing out these teams that play with hybrids who can Off-heal/dispel. Remember at 80 the comps that wouldn't die.... Spriest/Ele Shaman/Resto Druid, they would all just offheal the target that was being focused and those matches would go the full 45mins without a resolution.

Teams will have to play smarter. Healers need to avoid CC. Neither of my partners can remove anything except Hex and I have to LoS Wiz Cleaves almost perfectly otherwise one of my partners die in a CC chain of Fear -> Poly -> Poly -> Cyclone -> Cyclone -> Silence -> Counterspell
    Sure SP healing is awesome... oom in 3 casts and forces you out of shadowform etc.

CwutIjustdidthar?