Fire Mage: Best PvP dps

Heya guys! I am rolling a new toon today and I am choosing between a fire mage and shadow priest for PvP dps! I heard that Fire were one of the best ranged dps classes! I just wanted to ask a few questions and see if you could help me answer them!

1) How are Fire mage's mobility? Do they need to stand in one spot for a long time? Long cast times? Can they cast while moving?

2) How are Fire mage's dps against other toons? Burst, dots, nukes etc? Is it one of the best?

3) How are fire mage's CC abilities?

4) Whats the BEST part about a fire mage?

Thanks for all your help and time in answering these questions! I really appreciate any info!

I'm not sure if you meant to say PVE instead of PvP. But anyways..

1. Fire Mage mobility is very good. Moving scorch makes it one of the most used spells as fire mage in pvp.

2. Damage is fairly decent as well. As for burst, it depends on your RNG / Crit chance. Since Hot streak is our ''Burst'' it's mostly about getting lucky, where as frost you can frost nova and icelance if you want some damage. Also we got Combustion and can spread dots to all nearby targets within 10yards with impact. Making it tough for a healer if you're just burning 1 target in arena, or just very fun for BG's:P

3. CC. I'd prob go as far as saying it's on-par if not better then frost. Seeing that frost got slows, sure. But fire has Blast Wave and Dragons Breath. Then Blazing speed and the regular CoC / FFB slow

4. The best part.. Being able to rip any melee apart much easier then as frost.. since you can just run around casting scorch like a maniac and see the frustrating looks on their face when they finally catch up with you and you get Blazing speed plus giving them a Dragons Breath / Blast Wave / Frost nova / Cone of Cold in their face..

Hope it was of some use

-----Edit-----

Forgot to add. Fire mage is a lot harder to play ''Well'' then a frost mage. Where frost mages normally just need to worry about keeping a distance and blasting away, fire mages need to keep track of your ignite damage and time your combustion correctly / watch your procs and all that stuff.

Thanks anymore?

Obvious troll. Pvp as a fire mage, and too many smileys.

Fire mage works well in PvP, have triple fire mage up to 2140 just gotta get more practice in lol

But fire has great mobility, cc, and with a lot of practice survivability, but it definitely takes a while to get the hang of living as fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its always hurting people. The one thing it has over spriest is mana. Spriest go oom VERY fast. Fire is just immune to snares and roots, and being a mage, stuns as well. Your real source of damage is practically pyroblast Hotstreak procs from scorch spam. You also practically have 2 interrupts. Fireblast stun which DRs with ITSELF only. CC is not as strong imo than a Frost Mages since you're pretty much keeping people slowed rather than rooted. Survivability is not as strong as frosts, since frost has Ice Barrier. Fire just has cauterize which is only good when you got heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    Its always hurting people. The one thing it has over spriest is mana. Spriest go oom VERY fast. Fire is just immune to snares and roots, and being a mage, stuns as well. Your real source of damage is practically pyroblast Hotstreak procs from scorch spam. You also practically have 2 interrupts. Fireblast stun which DRs with ITSELF only. CC is not as strong imo than a Frost Mages since you're pretty much keeping people slowed rather than rooted. Survivability is not as strong as frosts, since frost has Ice Barrier. Fire just has cauterize which is only good when you got heals.
    You use cauterize in conjunction with Ice Block, and fire SHOULD spec into shatter with CoC, for more crits, I think you're underestimating fire damage and cc, they have DB right after sheep even if there are dots etc, they aren't lacking on roots or slows either. A lot of people simply don't think much of fire mages because they haven't seen many, and if they've seen some they're probably not being played right.

I play as a fire mage for pvp and I really enjoy it. Because of the luck portion of it I decided not to stack crit, but mastery instead because we already start with a high % of mastery and each point increases it by like 2.2% its a pretty decent buff to all of your fire dots. I have a 49% increase to my fire dots and i shred through everybody. The snares and roots are also good because ignite procs quite a bit and who doesnt like an extra 3 second stun. Cauterize is great, so save your ice block for when it goes off. then nova, blink, invis then invocate/eat/bandage, whatever floats your boat.