Poll: Which raiding system did you think was best - vote now

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which raiding system did you think was best

Simple question really (sorry if this has been done but didnt see one)

Deleted
    Ulduar
    Best system for HMs imo.

ulduars system where u did something during the encounter to unlock the hard mode. i think it gave fluidity to the raid.
    ggg

I like the cata raid system 10 and 25 man separate but equal(thought they aren't balanced so right now.) and ulduar hard mode model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having "endgame" raids be bigger than the ones leading up to it, and I like separate 10/25-man lockouts with toggleable heroic modes(ala Ulduar, push a button in the room kinda deal). I do however like having the same loot in 10 and 25-man. It was annoying to know that all though LK you really wouldn't get anywhere unless you were doing the 25-man version.

I would certainly make some raids 25-man only.

combination of designs is what is best:

keep 10/25 shared lockouts.... BUT SHARED LOOT TABLES = BAD IDEA (blizz really f*cked this part up)
    HM triggers like Ulduar....

done

40 man raids were awesome.

BC

Sometimes the simpler a system is the better it works. And besides personal opinion judging from overall forum feedback here and in official forums on the last 4-5 years BC raiding system was accepted the most.

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    BC

Sometimes the simpler a system is the better it works. And besides personal opinion judging from overall forum feedback here and in official forums on the last 4-5 years BC raiding system was accepted the most.
    The Burning crusade raiding system was awful, and your nostalgia is profound.

Having to go from 10 mans in Kara to 25 mans was plain stupid, for one. Secondly, you had horrible attunement quest chains for 4 or 5 boss dungeons in tier 5, then being forced to do tier 5 to do Hyjal, being forced to do Hyjal to do Black Temple, while that may have seemed better for some people, it was awful. It made guilds prone to collapse if just one raider left and it was severely punishing to players who started later in the expansion.

Imagine a guild having to run all the lower tier instances to gear up and attune one replacement raider every time a raider left. Do not even try to say there was any element of fun. It was a system which disallowed you to play the game when something went wrong.

2.4 came and mostly fixed it, but then you get the class stacking bullshit in sunwell...truly amazing how people are so blind, forgetful and clinically stupid.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Loving the 10-man raiding scene. No carrying, ~15 highly motivated individuals in the team with whom you have a close relationship, purely awesome.

Deleted
    25s. WotLK lockout system so I can run 10man at the weekend with my friends. Also presented greater opportunities for boosting to bane/icc drake etc.

your poll did not have the option I wanted so I did not vote.

Personally I prefer separate raid sizes (10 & 25).

I loved the hard mode mechanics of ulduar.

I've raided every instance as current content with the sole exclusion of Sunwell as we voted to take a break from raiding for a few months.

I loved the lvl 60 40 man encounters of twins, c'thun and naxx but I would never want to go back to the grind fest that was required to raid at that time.

I deplored lvl 80 naxx so for the love of all you hold dear please keep normal and hard modes so everyone can see the content and you never have to do that again.

Ideally I would like to see the uld method of enabling hard modes return but realistically I know it won't happen because there are only so many things you can do.

I would be happiest if they reintroduced separate raid locks for 10 & 25.

Seperate 10 and 25 man lockouts were awful it meant you could gear up a toon within a week. and content got boring real fast. as for BC i did love the raids but yeah there was no defined catch up gear wise if you were a late starter. wrath was just too retarded of a catch up system. Personally i'd have liked to see VP in raids only. Think if you only ran naxx in wrath for the latest gear, sure it would have taken a while but you would have got there, if you want it faster then there was Ulduar, EOE, OS, Ony, and ToC.

I like 10s and 25s being equal, but one thing I would like are server wide events for new raids so everyone gets involved for them, attunements would be nice as well. It gets you more involved in the raid imo.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

I really liked Ulduar's system for hard modes the best, but I do enjoy 10 and 25 sharing loot and (for the most part) being balanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    I like 10s and 25s being equal, but one thing I would like are server wide events for new raids so everyone gets involved for them, attunements would be nice as well. It gets you more involved in the raid imo.
    There are going to be pre-events for the 4.1 raids, unless boub is totally off as far as the data mining goes. I doubt they will be server wide.

On topic: I prefer the current method, it just gives me more time on progression content, unlike the split system, where you would have to clear farm content and trash twice before getting to "new" bosses.
    Last edited by godofslack; 2011-02-26 at 05:38 AM.

problem with some ulduar hardmods was if you did something to activate the hardmod and noone knew about it you got yourself a major flaw in the encounter. I like it the way it is now, blizzard just have to scale 10/25 so they can be relativly equal in terms of progression.

For instance, unlock 2-3 bosses at a time, once all bosses are killed in 10 and 25man next 2-3 bosses are opened. this will not only help blizzard to balance fewer encounters at a time but also ensure that world firsts become relativly fair and equal. tier 11content is near impossible in 10man heroic... proof? noone has killed more than 10/13hc in 10man where over 20has killed 13/13 25man. you cant blame that on 25man players being more skilled and dedicated than 10mans when 10mans have been raiding as much as other..

the current system of raid set up(10 and 25 mans being split and generally equal), with TBC attunements, and a few ulduar hardmodes.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    problem with some ulduar hardmods was if you did something to activate the hardmod and noone knew about it you got yourself a major flaw in the encounter. I like it the way it is now, blizzard just have to scale 10/25 so they can be relativly equal in terms of progression.

For instance, unlock 2-3 bosses at a time, once all bosses are killed in 10 and 25man next 2-3 bosses are opened. this will not only help blizzard to balance fewer encounters at a time but also ensure that world firsts become relativly fair and equal. tier 11content is near impossible in 10man heroic... proof? no one has killed more than 10/13hc in 10man where over 20has killed 13/13 25man. you cant blame that on 25man players being more skilled and dedicated than 10mans when 10mans have been raiding as much as other..
    thats not a flaw in the encounter, thats a flaw in the raid(and by that i mean the raiders).

two words about gating, fuck no.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-02-26 at 05:52 AM.

Attunements for Cata raids would be cool. I hated in ICC that I had to raid 25man just to get the better gear >.> So Cata single lockout, same gear, but some attunements to get into raids would be nice.

Current system is fine.
    Clear normal, go into heroic mode.
    However, 10 and 25 mans have to be brought to the same difficulty.
    I assume that everyone was expecting 25mans to be a lot harder, so 10mans were made way to hard.
    I expect 4.1 raid will be much better tunned, after trial and error with BoT and Bwd.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."