Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menardi View Post
    Sorry to say this but a priest has full valid reason to roll on a spell pen cloak. priests need spell pen just as much as any other caster. if you think otherwise, you clearly dont pvp and had no validity to role on the cloak in the first place.
    Did you miss the part where I won the roll? Just wondering, cause nowhere in my post did I say priests don't need spell pene. I even play a priest and know how useful it is. The fact of the matter is the roll was MS>OS Free Roll, I won, and yet the priest got the item cause he was friends with the ML.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clame View Post
    Nothing. Unless you have a screenshot with the RL saying "Everything will be rolled for."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    ^This. For real. If you have a screen of the RL saying it will be rolled for, you can open a ticket and state your case, they will do something. If you do NOT have a screenshot (which they usually never ask for anyways, but once in a rare while they want it emailed) you are SOL. And it'll be a lesson for the future. I always SS loot rules in Pugs.
    Screenshots and chat-logs are indeed your friends. If you've not gotten a chat mod addon (like Chatter, or perhaps Prat) to enable copy-paste of logs or creating chat logs yourself, DO SO. Always screencap loot rules going into any PUG. Make a Photobucket account (or some other freebie pic storage site) and upload the things there if you're panicked on clogging up your HDD with screencaps.

("Cover your own assets.")

#FlightIsImportant

They can't do anything and, frankly, shouldn't. From your story, no loot terms were agreed to in chat, no agreements were broken.

ran this will the guild a week back no hunter in raid, bow dropped and we said all need, rogue wins and we all get a good laugh. jump into BT next hoping for glaves, no luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are half correct and half incorrect.

A GM will only act if the Raid Leader specifies the loot rules in a public chat channel such as the Raid channel. Whispers are not public, which is what OP had gotten his reply in I assume. Also even if he had written it in Raid, the rule was to roll for it, doesn't mean the OP would have won either way so the GM will still not give him the bow if he could.

condolences man, but what could u expect from a pug ...

Deleted
    This EXACT same thing happened for me too, about a month ago now.

I spoke to one GM, and they said that's nps, I'm reading logs now and I will rightfully transfer the bow to the rightful winner. 2 minutes later, another GM spoke to me and said - Sorry blah blah, I can't seem to find where he said everything will be rolled for. Unless it isn't clearly stated in raid chat there is nothing we can do.

So yeah, FML.

The leader said no, theres another hunter. I said, ok, so we can roll for it then jsut the 2 of us, he said yes, thats fine, all is rolled for.
    Specify the approx time, and channel this was stated in when you talk to a GM, and also the approx time the looting happened, it also helps if you remember the char names involved - ie the master looter and the other hunter.

Secondly, if the master looter was changed during the run and loot rules were not re clarified you have nothing to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    Screenshots and chat-logs are indeed your friends. If you've not gotten a chat mod addon (like Chatter, or perhaps Prat) to enable copy-paste of logs or creating chat logs yourself, DO SO. Always screencap loot rules going into any PUG. Make a Photobucket account (or some other freebie pic storage site) and upload the things there if you're panicked on clogging up your HDD with screencaps.

("Cover your own assets.")
    Screenshots are no valid proof. Blizzard doesnt accept them at all as a proof of anything. They got logs and when something was said in a chat they can check that. You can safe yourself the time of taking them when it comes to loot rules.
    Of course you can take a screenshot with time stamps for yourself to check later when exactly something was said in the chat to give them the exact server time the loot rules were stated to make them finding this faster in their logs. But the screenshot itself is totally worthless in regards of proving your claims to blizzard.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-02-26 at 12:19 PM.

Ninjas are the scum of WoW, lol.

I really wish Blizzard would crack down on asshats and ninjas, even with commonly run things such as BH/VoA-type instances, loot rules are usually implied rather than said a lot of the time. Blizzard said they won't do anything because they expect all players to be the model player and abide by the rules, they act oblivious as hell with these issues.

Just tell the GM when you and he talked about the bowdrop and everything should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Menardi View Post
    Ok background:

i was on my main, and someone was LFM sunwell. i asked if i come on hunter can i reserve the bow if it drops. The leader said no, theres another hunter. I said, ok, so we can roll for it then jsut the 2 of us, he said yes, thats fine, all is rolled for.
    Im ok with that, im bored and got some spare time for the run.

Well we get to KJ, down him, and the bow drops, and he ninja's it and loots it straight to the hunter.
    Was it the Masterlooter or the hunter that agreed with you on the loot rules for the bow? If it was the hunter youve been screwed. Afaik the Lootmaster himself has to state the loot rules in the raid chat in order to let blizzard intervene in such a case. Dunno if whisper counts too but im fairly certain the hunter agreeing to it (if hes not the lootmaster) isnt enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clame View Post
    Nothing. Unless you have a screenshot with the RL saying "Everything will be rolled for."
    GMs do not care for screenshots.
    But if the leader really wrote it in the ingame chat, then a GM can check it and maybe do something.
    Problem with this case is: the Raid leader itself did not take the item, and the other hunter had the right to roll on it.
    I highly doubt a GM will let you and the other hunter roll again to see who gets the item...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    But the screenshot itself is totally worthless in regards of proving your claims to blizzard.
    Anyone with some measure of training, heck even being self-taught in using a Photo-editor program as simplistic as bloody MS Paint can tell if a screenshot is fabricated. It's the same as with audio and video content - people can look at video feeds to see if they were spliced/altered, and audio recordings almost always leave tell-tale signs if they've been doctored or not. Any picture is just another means of providing potential proof. Chat logs can always be checked by the GMs, though if you can save a copy yourself using mods that are already out there, you've given yourself another piece of ammo in your defense (or attempt to prosecute? somehow doesn't sound exactly right but anyway...)

In the end, you'll buy into whatever you feel like buying into though. Feel free to move about the country.

#FlightIsImportant