Thread: 100% haste.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For a caster any amount of haste that lowers your mainline spam spell cast time under 1 second is a waste of haste, as you will still have to wait (aka lightning bolt for an ele shaman), as even if you shot a lightning bolt in .000000003 seconds, you will still have to wait the GCD for the next spell cast, be it an instant cast or not. There may be cases where there are certain spells off of the standard GCD and could be inched into there, but I cant think of any specifics off of the top of my head. Long Story Short, for a caster dont let your mainline spam spell get under a 1s cast time.

Melee/Hunters are a different situation. I dont know specifics on what they SHOULD do in terms of large haste pools, but with auto attacks haste can scale infinitily, thus meaning theres no haste "cap" as there is for casters. If a warrior attacks every .000000003 seconds (which would require so much fucking haste...but thats not the point), his rage would more or less stay at 100% all the time, thus meaning he can spam his little heart away, unlike the casters who get cockblocked by a 1s GCD. Now I'm not sure if wands scale with haste...but if you managed to somehow get your haste so that your wand auto attack is .000000003 seconds CD...then I suppose it could work. But until you could hack that much haste onto a character...ya no.

Also energy and focus regen are based on haste so ya...good for those classes

Haste doesn't reduce the cast time, it increases the speed at which you cast (similar but not the same). So 100% haste does not mean you have reduced your cast times by 100%, instead it means you are now casting 100% faster. You were close BurningStick, but again it's not a reduction in the cast.

With 100% haste a 2.5 second cast time spell would now cast at 1.25 seconds. As was also pointed out, you'll still have a 1 second GCD.

http://milamber.ch/spellhastecap.html <--- Haste calc

10+ Year Old Account
    100% haste = 1/2 of your weapon swing time or cast speed etc.
    NOT 0% cast speed.

2sec cast w/ 100% haste = 1sec cast.

150% haste = .75sec cast.
    Survival is Key

15+ Year Old Account
    Run deadmines, fight Cookie, eat every piece of good food you see and see what happens with shitloads of haste.
    Our druid healer allways does it like that, his HoTs tick like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooc View Post
    So you would say that 9000*0.00 = 4500?
    You have to change the way you conceptualize haste. Try not to think of it as reducing cast time, rather increasing casting speed. At 100% haste, a character would be casting 100% faster, or twice as fast. Equations aside, if you switch to this line of thinking, haste can be a much less mystifying stat.

Edit: Some people seem to have beaten me to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidgama View Post
    So would 200% haste be instant or 1/4 time? If the hunter said he reached 154% then 200% might be possible but a waste if it dosn't grant instant casts or mad weapon swings. And do weapon swings and ranged auto shots have the same 1sec gcd?
    Keep the logic going, if 100% haste makes you cast twice as fast, it follows that 200% would cause you to cast three times as fast. Your cast times would be one third of their base. Basic weapon attacks (swings/shots) do not have any sort of minimum delay between them. In fact, it is not uncommon for rogues under haste effects to have swing speeds of like .2 seconds.
    Last edited by Noakh; 2011-02-25 at 08:46 PM.

The Deadmines fight with Cookie, you can reach well over 100% haste.

I remember spamming soulfire with a .6s cast time, but gcd is floored at 1s.

The fight must be fun on a hunter, the auto shoot must go off crazy fast.
    Last edited by wonshikee; 2011-02-25 at 08:41 PM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    For melee getting over 100% haste is quite simple. 100% haste just means you are attacking at 2x the normal speed. For melee it becomes increasingly more difficult to a .01 faster attack.

My ENH shaman can push 120% haste very easy with unleash elements windfury. With bloodlust pour on tons more. Fist pair proc POOF more.

Are you talking about INSTANT attacks? Non-stop instant attacks? If you are--it is impossible. You can never bring any cast timer or attack speed down to instant.

*My math example was wrong* Working on it now.
    Last edited by Furby; 2011-02-25 at 08:46 PM.
    Which is more musical, a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing by a music school? --John Cage
    There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. --Barry White

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Wouldn't 100% haste mean you've cut the cast time of your spell / the attack timer on your melee swing in half? As in 100% haste gives a 50% actual reduction and NOT instant casts.

E.g. a 10 sec cast time spell such as Resurrection will have a 5 sec cast time at 100% haste.
    ^This. If you look at your character sheet on the Cookie fight in VC, then you will see your haste rediculously high(I think I've had mine at over 400%) Cast times are calculated as: Original Cast Time/(1+Haste% as decimal). Thats why with 100% haste a res would be 5 sec. 10/(1+1.00) = 5

Quote Originally Posted by manikrage View Post
    my frost dk is at 67% haste in mostly 346ilvl a few epics
    not actually true its a char sheet bug.

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    well that what would happen if we reach 200% haste?AWMYGAWD!
    It would be half of the half!

0% haste 4sec cast, 100% haste 2 sec cast, 200% haste 1 sec cast etc.

At least thats what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    Hard cap is when your slowest casted spell is 1 sec.
    That's still considered a soft cap. After you achieve that rating, whatever it may be, you can still continue getting haste. A soft cap is what you are referring to, which is the amount of rating that you would get anything useful from the stat. An example of a hard cap is the level cap (for now). You are stuck at that level and can't gain any more. Another example of a hard cap is the amount of valor points you can get per week.
    Either way, once your slowest spell is at 1 sec (or any spell for that matter) haste can still be useful. Check last season spell cleave's CC cast times. Polymorphs in .5 seconds were possible and very useful.
    Last edited by flamejackal; 2011-02-25 at 08:43 PM. Reason: missed quote

Quote Originally Posted by wafflezlol View Post
    not actually true its a char sheet bug.
    No, It's 20% from speccing into frost tree +5% from improved talent + 10% from aoe aura + 15% from unholy pres + whatever your gear is.

15+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't, in any way, be able to one shot stuff, here's a simple example why:

If you're running, then you start running 100% faster, would it mean that you teleport to the place where you're heading to? Nope, you just run 100% faster, so basically, you cast 100% faster meaning casttime will be reduced by ~40-50% or attack 100% faster, meaning doing twice the attacks you would normally do if you're a melee/hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidgama View Post
    So would 200% haste be instant or 1/4 time? If the hunter said he reached 154% then 200% might be possible but a waste if it dosn't grant instant casts or mad weapon swings. And do weapon swings and ranged auto shots have the same 1sec gcd?
    Auto-attack is not limited to a 1-second cooldown. many rogues with 1.5 speed weapons are sitting at well under 1 second swing time.

200% would be 1/4th speed. Each 100% will reduce your speed by half of what it currently is. 100% is 1/2, 200% is 1/4, 300% is 1/8, 400% is 1/6th. This is why you can never truly have "max" haste.

as soon as you reach the point where you are waiting on global cooldowns because of haste it becomes a dps loss. that is all
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow there are of ton of retards in this thread. 100% haste cuts a spell in half. Now lock this thread immediately because everyone who reads it loses 5 IQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doonie View Post
    Add Factions to the quicklinks on the Cataclysm drop down menu pl0x!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Will do!
    You're Welcome MMO

IIRC Melee and ranged auto attacks have an effective haste cap of .5 seconds due to animation limitations (which would still require an insane amount of haste to achieve). Since your next auto attack timer wouldn't start until the animation finished also known way back when as the parry haste effect resetting swing timer
    Last edited by Olarin7th; 2011-02-25 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    You wouldn't, in any way, be able to one shot stuff, here's a simple example why:

If you're running, then you start running 100% faster, would it mean that you teleport to the place where you're heading to? Nope, you just run 100% faster.
    Solid analogy Lustinus,

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Auto-attack is not limited to a 1-second cooldown. many rogues with 1.5 speed weapons are sitting at well under 1 second swing time.

200% would be 1/4th speed. Each 100% will reduce your speed by half of what it currently is. 100% is 1/2, 200% is 1/4, 300% is 1/8, 400% is 1/6th. This is why you can never truly have "max" haste.
    Your concept is dead on, but your math is slightly flawed. 100% haste IS 1/2 base cast time, but 200% haste would be 1/3 base cast time and 300% would be 1/4. Gharld there below me has the right of it.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doonie View Post
    Wow there are of ton of retards in this thread. 100% haste cuts a spell in half. Now lock this thread immediately because everyone who reads it loses 5 IQ.
    This has been pointed out several times if you had actually read the thread. Also the sarcasm is unwarranted and pointless. People ask questions because they do not know the answer, as was the case. Try being helpful from time to time; you might make a positive difference in the community.
    Last edited by Noakh; 2011-02-25 at 08:57 PM.

Another way to look at it is to be aware that without any slowing debuffs, you start out at 100% casting/attack time already.

So 100% haste would boost that 100% you already have to 200% overall, thus meaning you attack twice as fast.

200% Haste would boost to 300% overall, meaning three times as fast.

And so on...

Figure it this way:

Each percent of Haste increases your CURRENT casting speed or swing speed by another percent. It is impossible to reach a swing speed or a casting speed of 0.00 seconds, because of the way multiplicative percentages work.

An Example =

An axe has a swing speed of 3.6 seconds. 100% haste means you are swinging twice as fast, so you are going to be swinging at 3.6/2= 1.8 seconds. Then, you add another 100% haste. Now that you are at 200% haste, you are swinging at 1.8/2=0.9 seconds. Add another 100% haste, so now you're at 300% haste. You are now swinging at 0.9/2=.45 seconds. As you can see, each time you increase your swing speed by 100%, your swing speed is only being reduced by 1/2. Therefore, if you continue extrapolating the numbers, you'll never be able tor each 0.00 second swing timer, and haste value is cut in half each time you increase the value by 100%. Therefore, it's impossible and even stupid to ever try to reach a 0.00 second swing timer or casting speed, as it is not only impossible, but the value of haste goes down tremendously the more haste you get.