Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Video] Zul'Gurub 5 Man Heroic - High Priest Venoxis - PTR Patch 4.1 Guide

Here is a guide I wrote for anyone that is on the PTR right now I found it quite useful to get in and complete the first boss along with getting the achievement.

Hello and welcome to the High Priest Venoxis 5 Man Heroic Encounter Located in Zul Gurub. My name is hags and I will be telling you
    everything you need to know to defeat this boss.

Venoxis starts out the fight up on his platform surrounded by Poison clouds.
    Your tank will want to start the fight by pulling him out into the middle of the room.

Venoxis will begin in his Troll form with some pretty simple abilities.

His first ability is his Whispers of Hethiss which is a Poison Bolt shot on random players which can easily be interupted with its long channel time.
    His second ability is Toxic Link which is cast on two random members. As soon as you see the link you need to get far apart untill the link breaks
    for minimal damage this is not interuptable.

At 75% he casts his transformation called Blessing of The Snake God where he turns into his snake body. During this phase it starts
    to get a bit more tricky and you really have to pay attention to your surroundings.

His first abililty as a Snake God is he creates a Labrinyth type maze on the ground out of poison that you can not stand in or jump over,
    you must move through the maze to tank and dps the boss.
    He also periodicaly spawns poison puddles underneath him so your tank must pull him out
    of them and your melee must move around them to avoid being stuck in the maze.

His second ability is also a 1 shotter which is Breath of Hethiss which is a 3 second channel that can not be interupted.
    No one can be in front of the boss at any point while he is casting this including your tanks or it will instantly kill them.

At 50% Venoxis goes back to the stage and begins to cast Bloodvenom which is a stream of poison much like Kologarns Focused Eyebeam ability from
    Ulduar. You must avoid this at all costs while staying inside the maze. This ability lasts about 15 seconds before he becomes Exhausted which gives
    you about 10 seconds of free dps to help burn him, an ideal time for Heroism/Time Warp.

At 25% he takes on his Snake God form once again and you begin the maze process over again untill about 10% when he goes back to the platform
    and begins to cast Bloodvenom. He then goes back to Exhausted and thats it he should be dead soon after.

This concludes High Priest Venoxis abilities. Good luck have fun.

You can watch this encounter on YouTube just go to "Hagsism" Channel.
    Last edited by launcelott; 2011-02-26 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maze ability sounds cool. Haven't run ZG in quite a while, but the fight seems quite different from the original.

Venoxis was the snake boss in the old Zul'Gurub.

He just poisoned you a little and summoned a few adds. nothing too special.

Definitely not a rehash then. Not like Naxxramas.

Seems like they are definitely doing the Deadmines SFK style returning then. Good news.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

This shows this is far from recycled content that sounds so epic

Yeah, it is quite different from the original. A lot more going on in this version. I enjoy it.

Moved to the appropriate forum.

The entire place, other than the panther boss (Not sure of a name) is hopefully undertuned at this point in the PTR. It's extremely easy and bosses hardly have more HP than tier 1 heroic modes. I just cleared it in a pug on the PTR. This is definately not a rehash, there are a lot of new bosses, and the last boss is a (spoiler) fight where you have to break hakkar and the other priests free from their chains in a spirit world.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the video, honestly looks like an easy fight. Can't wait to try it out. I found it pretty funny that A) The achievement pane didn't show the achievement name and B) no loot. haha
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Moved to the appropriate forum.
    Thanks Wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Just watched the video, honestly looks like an easy fight. Can't wait to try it out. I found it pretty funny that A) The achievement pane didn't show the achievement name and B) no loot. haha
    Thats usually the norm during early PTR tests. The achievement and loot thing you mentioned.

I will have more guides and videos up as soon as possible for the PTR of Zul'Gurub. Blizzard really made this dungeon a beautiful remake of the once amazing original. I suggest that everyone goes and tries out the PTR of Patch 4.1.

In text version that fight actually souns pretty complex, cant wait for my chars to get on there so i can test it.

Very excited, looks promising.

The fight is really easy...
    but the whole dungeons seems really badly tuned.
    Some bosses are an absolute joke while the panther boss is pretty insane.

High Priest Venoxis
    Bloodlord Mandokir
    High Priestess Kilnara
    Zanzil
    Jin'do the God Breaker

Deleted
    Can't wait for this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sehrnet View Post
    High Priest Venoxis
    Bloodlord Mandokir
    High Priestess Kilnara
    Zanzil
    Jin'do the God Breaker
    Is this the complete H-5man boss list?
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Thanks a lot mate good guide

Impressive. Nice to see some originality in the 'maze' ability as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    The entire place, other than the panther boss (Not sure of a name) is hopefully undertuned at this point in the PTR. It's extremely easy and bosses hardly have more HP than tier 1 heroic modes. I just cleared it in a pug on the PTR. This is definately not a rehash, there are a lot of new bosses, and the last boss is a (spoiler) fight where you have to break hakkar and the other priests free from their chains in a spirit world.
    It's not a raid instance it's a 5 player dungeon. People are not supposed to enter those two new dungeons in 359/372 gear. That's why you "only" need 346 itemlevel to enter them. Which means nothing less then full gear of currently 5 heroic instances.