Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    I find this interesting because, Am about to upgrade my computer too. And you guys say I7 is worse then the I5? Maybe someone can exlain that?
    i7 isn't always bad. It's actually not too common that an i7 does lower performance because of the hyperthreading. The main reason people suggest i5's over i7's is because hyperthreading doesn't improve anything in WoW and most games.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    i7 isn't always bad. It's actually not too common that an i7 does lower performance because of the hyperthreading. The main reason people suggest i5's over i7's is because hyperthreading doesn't improve anything in WoW and most games.
    So what people are saying is that it's a waste of money? because it doesnt work on the games right?

also what does Hyperthreading do?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Another reason why people recommend the i5 over an i7 is because of the extra price you have to pay for the i7 which yields no performance increase for most users.

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    So what people are saying is that it's a waste of money? because it doesnt work on the games right?

also what does Hyperthreading do?
    Hyperthreading does work on some games, but it usually yields no performance difference versus no hyper threading.

Hyper threading uses virtual cores to split up the workload. You can find more information on google or wiki.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely