Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Youre all mentioning harcore raiders getting bored soon, ill be honest.. my guild is 4/13 HC and ranked about 220 in the world in 10 man rankings.
    We are not even close to being bored yet, working on bosses and stuff.

Perhaps this 4.1.0 is gonna be like when they released Shattered Sun area, where u needed progress to open stuff up, and then eventually Sunwell opened.

Cause atm i dont really see the need for a new raid with Tier12 items in it. Most people arent even close to being fully HC Tier 11 geared.
    A new BH boss sure i can see that happening, and a small raid aswell, but i dont see T12 coming in 4.1.0 unless its 2 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    Who said 4.1 is coming this month, heck, no one even said it would come this year afaik
    6 weeks is a pretty typical timeframe for a patch being on the PTR, historically.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm betting that it will be a lot like Wrath, where each major content patch introduced a new VoA boss, in the sense that there's another prisoner we need to roflpwn in BH.
    I'm HOT for HOTS.

I guess all the fire related datamined goodies that the new build being pushed on the PTR is just a coincidence then, if it's not coming in 4.1?

Some people, really...

Deleted
    Legendary staff will not be released next patch/tier it will be available patch 4.2 from WotA raid in CoT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Legendary staff will not be released next patch/tier it will be available patch 4.2 from WotA raid in CoT.
    How can you be so sure? Isn't there even the slightest chance of Firelands + WotA being both in 4.1? It sounds more likely to me due to datamined intel...

@OP: (all blue posts mentioning Firelands aside) as someone mentioned: the only major content patch without a new raid tier was 2.2; as there are no plans on introducing some feature like that (requiring structural changes this big in the game files, like voice chat in 2.2) I'd say it's pretty damn clear we're getting a new raid tier

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said they wanted to do multiple smaller raids per tier.

If Firelands gets released as the next tier with 4.1, that means we're looking for at least one, if not two, as-of-yet unannounced raids to go alongside it. That is if Blizzard intends to stick to their guns on the multiple small raids idea.

Hopefully WotA is one of the smaller raids... or perhaps they decided to convert Abyssal Maw into a raid for this tier? Who knows...
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

I'd be surprised not to see an additional raid instance, wouldn't fit current patch trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer View Post
    How do you think Blizzard is going to keep its subscribers if they don't release new raid content?
    1 year of ICC would like to speak with you.... :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    1 year of ICC would like to speak with you.... :>
    But... but... Halion!
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    And who knows, maybe there will be abyssal maw raid in 4.1, blizzard just hasn't shown it to us yet (like the 4.x raid where we will fight against deathwing)
    I tried to sleep on my keyboard - Not a good idea, WASD on the cheek in the morning.

No new raid content = no money from me. Me and my guild are (hopefully) soon done with HC nefa and after that most of us will unsuscribe uintil new content is released. I dont really mind it if they take their time to perfect that patch - it's not off my pockets.
    Besides my new monk awaits in the land of Vvardenfell, i heard there was trouble in Mournhold. It is time for god slaying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd lean more towards a summer-ish release on 4.1. Why? I'm thinking they'll put 4.2 closer to Blizzcon so then at Blizzcon they can show off the Deathwing fight. Just a thought.

Pretty sure they said the Firelands had 6-7 bosses @ Blizcon at the raid panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healingsara View Post
    Theory

Patch 4.1 will only bring a 1 boss hardmode raid at most.

Why

Timeline

Even if it's 3 months from now the majority of players would not have progressed very far in current raid content, let alone Heroic modes. Blizzard have already said it was a mistake to launch ToC so soon after Ulduar as many players missed that tier.

Allowing casuals to experience t11 as current content

I don't believe we'll be seeing any major nerfs, but the main step that will allow Blizzard to reach this design goal is getting players better geared through the new 5 man dungeons so they're better equipped to handle them.

Publicity/History

If a new raid was planned then it would only make sense for it to be the big announcement for 4.1. Apart from a comment made at Blizzcon there's been no word of a new raid. "But there's always been a new raid each major content patch" is null as they've shown many times that just because something has happened in the past doesn't mean they won't change their MO in the future. They've also shown with Halion that the don't need a "point 1" patch to release a new raid.

But what about the hardcores??

This is why I said no "major" raid. I believe that we'll see a 1 boss hardmode raid which will drop the new trinkets only. This will give people who have cleared all content something to do while stopping them from getting too far ahead in gear. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't see this new raid on the PTR.

In conclusion, I think we'll be seeing 4.1 live sooner than expected, but it won't be what many are expecting.
    Firelands has been confirmed for 4.1 since blizzcon. Also, a single "hardmode boss" is not going to have 3 caster trinkets on one single loot table. Not to mention all of the other trinks. Also, one of the trinkets is called "Mark of the Firelord" Hmmm. Who could the firelord be?

Blizzard confirms a lot of things that don't end up happening. Dance Studio. Path of the Titans. Just because they said something 6 months ago, doesn't mean anything. I'm of the opinion 4.1 will be raidless. It will probably come in a 4.1.2 patch about 2 months down the line and this way, they can bring out "more patches" when in reality they are just taking 1 patch worth of content and spreading it out over 2/3 months so that it doesn't seem like 6 months of content.

If there was a raid coming in 4.1, they would have announced it NOW as part of the initial PTR patch notes, even if it was disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingsara View Post
    Timeline

Even if it's 3 months from now the majority of players would not have progressed very far in current raid content, let alone Heroic modes. Blizzard have already said it was a mistake to launch ToC so soon after Ulduar as many players missed that tier.
    We already pretty much know that Firelands is coming in 4.1, and a pretty good estimate is that the patch will land in late april or may which puts it at around 6 months from Cataclysm release.
    The problem with ToC was that it came 3½ months after Ulduar which was indeed to short of a timeframe.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm hopefully 4.2 is a new raid and a new zone>_> War of the ancients = before azeroth was shattered so could be an epic continent that we only see part of=/...

and yeah sleeepppps times

Deleted
    Clicked this topic and the first thing i wanted to post is: WRONG.
    Blizzard said 4.1 will be ragnaros' return and ragnaros has a remodel. think

15+ Year Old Account
    there will likely be 2 major raids in 4.1 a CoT war of the ancients and the Firelands. ALso will likely require running both to aquire the legendary staff.