Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Thanks for the awesome feedback guys. I just got the problem that I don't know what to buy if I'm building my own. I play like.. everything, I like to try new types of games and I don't want to be held back by system requirements and I get a feeling that I can build one that makes me free of that but at the same time a complete deal for the same prize can force me to adjust my settings in many games to a level where I kinda miss out on the grapichs. Thanks again guys, I've learned alot just reading this posts, you rock!

Here is my current setup, in your opinion is this something here enough to keep up with todays standards?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
    Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
    CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
    CPU PSN : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
    CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3), x86-64, AMD-V
    CPUID : F.3.3 / Extended : F.43
    CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 1024 KB
    Core : Windsor (90 nm) / Stepping : JH-F3
    Freq : 2813.04 MHz (200.93 * 14)
    MB Brand : MSI
    MB Model : MS-7309
    NB : NVIDIA MCP61 rev A3
    SB : NVIDIA MCP61 rev A2
    GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
    GPU Clocks : Core 550 MHz / RAM 1800 MHz
    DirectX Version : 11.0
    RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
    RAM Speed : 401.9 MHz
    Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
    Slot 1 Manufacturer : Corsair
    Slot 2 : 1024MB (6400)
    Slot 2 Manufacturer : Corsair

NOTE: I am a newbie at this so please don't judge if it's SUPER MEGA OBVIOUS that this sucks ass.

Deleted
    Screw you all, I'm gonna be playing wow on lowest settings and 10 fps, just like I did the past 6 years.
    *cry*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by st0rk4tten View Post
    Thanks for the awesome feedback guys. I just got the problem that I don't know what to buy if I'm building my own. I play like.. everything, I like to try new types of games and I don't want to be held back by system requirements and I get a feeling that I can build one that makes me free of that but at the same time a complete deal for the same prize can force me to adjust my settings in many games to a level where I kinda miss out on the grapichs. Thanks again guys, I've learned alot just reading this posts, you rock!

Here is my current setup, in your opinion is this something here enough to keep up with todays standards?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
    Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
    CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
    CPU PSN : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
    CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3), x86-64, AMD-V
    CPUID : F.3.3 / Extended : F.43
    CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 1024 KB
    Core : Windsor (90 nm) / Stepping : JH-F3
    Freq : 2813.04 MHz (200.93 * 14)
    MB Brand : MSI
    MB Model : MS-7309
    NB : NVIDIA MCP61 rev A3
    SB : NVIDIA MCP61 rev A2
    GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
    GPU Clocks : Core 550 MHz / RAM 1800 MHz
    DirectX Version : 11.0
    RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
    RAM Speed : 401.9 MHz
    Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
    Slot 1 Manufacturer : Corsair
    Slot 2 : 1024MB (6400)
    Slot 2 Manufacturer : Corsair

NOTE: I am a newbie at this so please don't judge if it's SUPER MEGA OBVIOUS that this sucks ass.
    Non-DX11 GPU, that's an easy fix.
    I think your CPU is a little dated too, but you won't have problems running WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I think your CPU is a little dated too, but you won't have problems running WoW.
    Ok, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargom View Post
    Why are people even talking about the 1336 socket? It was neat when it launched, but *choosing* to buy a computer now that is on the 1336 socket would be a huge mistake for gaming. Their motherboards cost more on average, take more expensive ram, and the few advantages the platform has are not targeted at the gaming crowd, despite what some posters here have apparently been fooled into believing.

First off you get hyperthreading WOO HOO. THIS IS USELESS IN GAMING. Next you get triple channel memory and more PCIE lanes. YESSSSSSSSS NOW I AM A GAMING GOD. (oh wait, scratch that because triple channel memory is useless for gaming and SLI/Crossfire is mostly a gimmick.) Support and driver issues are spotty depending on the game, not to mention you have to pay for a more expensive motherboard and power supply. The only platform that should be considered when building an Intel based computer is sandy bridge. 1155 is the only way to go at this point, both the 1336 and 1156 sockets are essentially dead at this point, and no, the gulftown chip for 1336 is not a good upgrade solution for people stuck on that platform.

The 1336 platform was marketed to gamers, and what we see now is desperate gamers trying to defend their terribly overpriced, underpowered gaming rigs running said platform. Just give it up and admit that 1336 is a piece of crap already.
    the only people who make false claims such as yours here,are the people who cant afford"top end gear"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I am not so sure about that. WoW is a game that requires a really strong CPU to increase performance, and most other games are the opposite where they require a strong GPU to increase performance.

I would think in his situation a CPU upgrade would be a bigger increase than a GPU upgrade.