Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dpswhore View Post
    The third version of the weapon includes a massive glow type effect around the weapon which I imagine is a proc similar to the shadowmourne purple swirly lights, I have also not been able to get the correct texture for that so it looks awful (and I mean awful) so I didn't include it.
    I think its gonna look amazing as a staff on your back whilst you cast your spells. In my mind i imagine this "glow effect" to be white energy being sucked in from around the caster, whirling round the head of the staff until the centre gem explodes and a beam of white light hits your foe.

"The three Nazgûl continue to swoop down onto the riders. As Shadowfax charges into the thick of the battle, Gandalf raises his white staff above his head, and as he does so, a blinding beam of white light comes from its tip. With a shriek, the Nazgûl draw back, then take to the skies. "

Looks way too top-heavy for my tast, but I guess lots of people like the anime-style oversized weapon stuff. Yeah yeah it's all magic anyway.

Just looks proportionalized for a massive axe or mace-head instead of a staff to me. Here's to hoping the proc is actually cool and creative and not just a bunch of particle effects like Shadowmourne swirling.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Shamans can GTFO, that would be like a titans grip warrior needing on a legendary feral druid staff inorder to be arms.
    Remember that Legendaries are all about the proc. If the proc is designed to be supremely beneficial in a way that makes it BiS for all caster, then it's BiS for all casters. There is no such thing as 'this is less BiS for class x than class y.'

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    For what? Expose your ignorance.
    Ah it's just not customary for elemental shamans to use staves. Take in mind that we havent seen the class restrictions on this, it may be tailored specifically to elementals, maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    This.

If you want to speak to me, I'll be on my guild's forums, argueing with my guild's mage, and trying to convince the officers.
    You don't even know the stats yet..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Shamans can GTFO, that would be like a titans grip warrior needing on a legendary feral druid staff inorder to be arms.
    Actually, it would be like a Warlock needing on a caster staff.

Both Warlocks and Shamans use 1h+offhand, shields and offhands give the same stats(Besides armor).

We've got 4 casters in our 10 man(Mage, Warlock, Spriest, Myself), and I'll be damned if I don't try my hardest to get the damn thing.

Thanks a lot Fred for posting these pictures (and short film)

Nice job guys.

That is one sexxxxxxxy looking staff
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I wish I could assemble models like that ~_~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    It appears to be made from a stick. Branch of Nordrassil, maybe?
    This option seems what it will most likely be.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    It looks like a fancy AXE ! I want an intimidating & awesome staff not a wood chopping tool.
    Now that you mention it, with the Caverns of Time from the datamined video code, the staff could also be tied to Broxigar's Axe from War of the Ancients. His axe was a gift from Cenarius and the only recorded weapon of being able to damage Sargeras. Though in Stormrage it was inherited by his niece Thura.

This option would be much more epic
    Last edited by McDareth; 2011-02-26 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Actually, it would be like a Warlock needing on a caster staff.

Both Warlocks and Shamans use 1h+offhand, shields and offhands give the same stats(Besides armor).

We've got 4 casters in our 10 man(Mage, Warlock, Spriest, Myself), and I'll be damned if I don't try my hardest to get the damn thing.
    This makes absolutely no sense.
    Granted, at the moment, there are no PvE-obtained staves without Spirit.
    That means a Mage or a Warlock wouldn't find much use for them. (Balance Druids, Elemental Shamans and Shadow Priests, however...)
    That being said, there is no mechanic by which 1h + offhand is somehow superior for a Warlock that cannot be translated to all other classes.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2011-02-26 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Am I the only who doesn't like it's looks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    Am I the only who doesn't like it's looks?
    i like legendaries when they stand out more. i expect the epics to have a simular look

while it looks soo much like an axe its still a cool "legendary" thnx for the effort

btw every single caster dps in the game has the right to take tht legendary including and especially ele shamans since they (and boomkins or SP not sure) never got a legendary

Awesome, great work guys, allthough I'm still abit sad inside cuz it's caster. I'm still happy that it was found. The model is nice, and my own well thoughts would be, ele shammies would be the last prio on this, considering it's specifficaly stated it will be a caster DPS legendary, I wouldn't expect spirit on it.
    Off Topic:
    Following a common pattern of the shaman in this thread, I'll just say consider your own gear available vs. gear attainable, you have shields available while mages or warlocks don't, this is why shamans taking offhands is frowned upon. There undoutably will be shamans wielding this, but the second I see one, I'll check if he was the guilds first choice, and if this is the case, I'd be quite turned off from joining such a guild, since the said shaman probably had more loot to pick from.

Again compliments to the dataminers, and sorry for going off topic, but I got carried away.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    while it looks soo much like an axe its still a cool "legendary" thnx for the effort

btw every single caster dps in the game has the right to take tht legendary including and especially ele shamans since they (and boomkins or SP not sure) never got a legendary
    priests and druids could use atiesh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

This is some amazing work, almost makes me want to raid on my Mage next patch

That final pic Boub posted really makes it look amazing. Big props to the OP and Boub, as per usual

Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post

Shadow Priests and boomkins could use Atiesh while it was in game. Class itemisation was fairly similar for all specs back then. So they could have used it.

The druid and Priest versions of Atiesh were not exclusively itemised for healers.

Elemental shamans and Feral Druids are the only specs that truly haven't had a legendary so to spec.

Sulfuras is debatable. Feral druids could use strength weapons, however few druids were anything other than resto back then.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-02-26 at 08:12 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    priests and druids could use atiesh....
    ok then my bad .. still my point is ele shammies never got 1 so u cant deny them this Staff just for the fact they can get more armor than any other caster (by using a shield ofc )