Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I liked hearing things in my characters voice, the voice for Hawke if bloody terrible, and that "I want to be the Dragon" line proves it, I wanted him to say that exactly, as it was funny, instead he did a generic "better teach me that trick" horsecrap.

Bioware destroyed what people wanted as a spiritual sequel to Baldurs gate and made it more like Mass Effect so they can print money.
    QQ thats your opinion and yours only. I prefer my character having a voice than looking like a silent homicidal maniac all the time.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    QQ thats your opinion and yours only. I prefer my character having a voice than looking like a silent homicidal maniac all the time.
    He's not your Character, he's Hawke, you just choose how much of an asshole he is.

Damn you console kids! You already have your God of War and lots of other games. Was it that nessesary to defile a serious RPG?

I'll play it of course, but I'd pay 100-150 euro for a game with NWN/ToEE/BG playstyle and dialogues and Dragon Age graphics.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Thats not a good explanation.Just because now the main character got voice it doesnt mean that I want to hear something else just because I am bored of my own words(lol?).As a roleplayer I am the main character.I decide what I want to say and I hate hearing something entirely different(ME2 was full with WTF thats not what I want to say you dum***''''' space space space click space space space click space space space space oh stfu space space click space finally,reload,lets try again moments).The dragon age demo was full with them too but I am tired of reloading because my OWN character has entirely different personality than I want it to have.

I want to select that text what I want and hear the same(every word of it).If I select "start talking" I dont want to hear something like:"you got 3 seconds before I kill you and your whole family oh and I forgot that I will nuke your planet too,scrub.By the way I am Sheppard the ubermensch superhero of the milky way galaxy,didnt you know?" No,thats not I want to hear.I(my character=I) said "start talking" and not that crap.Thanks to the conversation wheel I dont feel that I am that guy on the screen because all I can select
    is:megood!,meevil!,ME2:Idunno?!?/DA2hahaIamalwaysveryfunny.Thanks to this the main character becomes distant(almost as distant as any other party member because I cant even decide what MY character will say,its like it has its own free will like others in the party).

I have a proposal for Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 3: on the character creation screen players should have the option to select 1 of these options:good guy,bad guy or Idunno?!?.After this you dont need to bother with the dialogues at all,the game will automatically select what your main character(=you) will say.This way the game can cater to a wider audience(hey,why not?we are just 1 step away from there so lets not stop here) and you can watch your cutscenes without interruption.That will be a really cool RPG dont you agree?
    Last edited by exstarcraftfan; 2011-02-27 at 02:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exstarcraftfan View Post
    Thats not a good explanation.As a roleplayer I am the main character.I decide what I want to say and I hate hearing something entirely different(ME2 was full with WTF thats not what I want to say you dum***''''' space space space click space space space click space space space space oh stfu space space click space finally,reload,lets try again moments).The dragon age demo was full with them too but I am tired of reloading because my OWN character has entirely different personality than I want it to have.

I want to select that text what I want and hear the same(every word of it).If I select "start talking" I dont want to hear something like:"you got 3 seconds before I kill you and your whole family oh and I forgot that I will nuke your planet too,scrub.By the way I am Sheppard the ubermensch superhero of the milky way galaxy,didnt you know?" No,thats not I want to hear.I(my character=I) said "start talking" and not that crap.Thanks to the conversation wheel I dont feel that I am that guy on the screen because all I can select is:megood!,meevil!,ME2:Idunno?!?/DA2hahaIamalwaysveryfunny.Thanks to this the main character becomes distant(almost as distant as any other party member because I cant even decide what MY character will say,its like it has its own free will like others in the party).

I have a proposal for Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 3: on the character creation screen players should have the option to select 1 of these options:good guy,bad guy or Idunno?!?.After this you dont need to bother with the dialogues at all,the game will automatically select what your main character(=you) will say.This way the game can cater to a wider audience(hey,why not?we are just 1 step away from there so lets not stop here) and you can watch your cutscenes without interruption.That will be a really cool RPG dont you agree?
    That is not a RPG.

That is an abomination that is developed by a Call of Duty player.
    Last edited by Preliatus; 2011-02-27 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    That is not a RPG.
    Questions
    Megood
    Idunno?!?
    Meevil!

Is far from good RPG too.

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    That is not a RPG.
    I guess it was sarcasm, showing that having 3 dialogue option with explanatory pictograms isn't an RPG either.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post

P.S. I am kinda iffy on DA2 Combat, it seems less strategic and more hack and slash and goes for style points.
    The combat is virtually identical. The only the strategic about the original Dragon Age was if you played a Entropy/Spirit mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    The combat is virtually identical. The only the strategic about the original Dragon Age was if you played a Entropy/Spirit mage.
    DA2 has already shown it's got no tactical views, making AoE hugely complicated to target and control compared to the tactical views on DA:O.

He's not your Character, he's Hawke, you just choose how much of an asshole he is.
    Guess what? Your character in origins was always Cousland too. You had a last name for every character you made in origins.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Bioware destroyed what people wanted as a spiritual sequel to Baldurs gate and made it more like Mass Effect so they can print money.
    He thinks he is people.

BioWare is trying to mimic Activision/Blizzard.
    Dragon Age will be their last good game for RPG fans. ME2 was their MW2.

Thats not a good explanation.Just because now the main character got voice it doesnt mean that I want to hear something else just because I am bored of my own words(lol?).As a roleplayer I am the main character.I decide what I want to say and I hate hearing something entirely different(ME2 was full with WTF thats not what I want to say you dum***''''' space space space click space space space click space space space space oh stfu space space click space finally,reload,lets try again moments).The dragon age demo was full with them too but I am tired of reloading because my OWN character has entirely different personality than I want it to have.

I want to select that text what I want and hear the same(every word of it).If I select "start talking" I dont want to hear something like:"you got 3 seconds before I kill you and your whole family oh and I forgot that I will nuke your planet too,scrub.By the way I am Sheppard the ubermensch superhero of the milky way galaxy,didnt you know?" No,thats not I want to hear.I(my character=I) said "start talking" and not that crap.Thanks to the conversation wheel I dont feel that I am that guy on the screen because all I can select
    is:megood!,meevil!,ME2:Idunno?!?/DA2hahaIamalwaysveryfunny.Thanks to this the main character becomes distant(almost as distant as any other party member because I cant even decide what MY character will say,its like it has its own free will like others in the party).

Where's the Role Playing if you know your character will be evil and all of his/hers choices will be evil? You're already shortening the options, which are already too few. That was why DAO was so great. Yeah, there were 5,6 options which were similar to each other, BUT, you weren't obstructed by Renegade/Paragon meters - as an example, the Warewolf quest. You could take the Elf Wizard's side at the beginning, taking all the credit for the kill, then switch at the end killing the wizard and helping the warewolves. However, once cured, you could force them to give you a reward and THEN kill them all. You could never do anything similar in Mass Effect. And now, you can't do that in Dragon Age 2. Now that's an example of dumbification of an RPG.

DA2 has already shown it's got no tactical views, making AoE hugely complicated to target and control compared to the tactical views on DA:O.
    Thats not how it works. AOE is much easier in dragon age 2. It doesn't lock on to a target like it does in origins, you always get to choose where you want it. It locking on to enemies in dragon age origins was a huge reason why it was complicated.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Thats not how it works. AOE is much easier in dragon age 2. It doesn't lock on to a target like it does in origins, you always get to choose where you want it. It locking on to enemies in dragon age origins was a huge reason why it was complicated.
    Thats a bloody retarded backwards way of doing it then isn't it?

With an isometric style view, AoE spells that didn't lock on would be great.

With the regular hack n slash, view, it gets annoying.

The lock on AoE would be better for DA2.

I don't know why this is a debate. Last year BioWare said they would be giving DA2 the same treatment they gave ME2. Streamlining it.
    We won't be getting a Baulder's Gate styled tactical D&D themed RPG. We're getting a hack 'n slasher.

Well, I should say "you're getting". I'm not buying DA2. I'm not trying to the demo. I have no interest in "streamlined" gaming, which is basically "console catering" gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Where's the Role Playing if you know your character will be evil and all of his/hers choices will be evil? You're already shortening the options, which are already too few. That was why DAO was so great. Yeah, there were 5,6 options which were similar to each other, BUT, you weren't obstructed by Renegade/Paragon meters - as an example, the Warewolf quest. You could take the Elf Wizard's side at the beginning, taking all the credit for the kill, then switch at the end killing the wizard and helping the warewolves. However, once cured, you could force them to give you a reward and THEN kill them all. You could never do anything similar in Mass Effect. And now, you can't do that in Dragon Age 2. Now that's an example of dumbification of an RPG.
    Hold fire!

I am on your side.

Hold fire!

I am on your side.
    Wasn't attacking you. Just wanted to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    To those who played both Mass Effect and Dragonage: Orgins, you would know right away that the games are very different from each other. Primarily for me was the way you communicated in the games. Mass Effect had its wheel, and Dragon Age had its multiple choice. But in the Dragon Age 2 demo, they went right ahead and replaced the multiple choice questions with the wheel. I don't like that, and here's why.

While there is nothing wrong with the Mass Effect Wheel, it simplifies and streamlines the process. I would have to say it felt like sometimes that it is just too simple for its own good. Up is good, Down is bad, and middle, no one really presses middle. You also never really understood what you were going to say, it would say something vague like "But thats bad" and Shepard would say a whole paragraph about something along the lines of that but not really. Investigate is useful for those who like information about things.

But, the thing I liked about DA:O multiple comment option is it had a list of comments and 90% of the time, they that I actually felt I would say myself. It helped me feel more involved in the story when I would actually get my thoughts across, instead of just going the good/evil route.

Does anyone else agree?

P.S. I am kinda iffy on DA2 Combat, it seems less strategic and more hack and slash and goes for style points.
    I think you're reading too much into it, bro. They're similar with their choices but the differences were greater.

Thats a bloody retarded backwards way of doing it then isn't it?

With an isometric style view, AoE spells that didn't lock on would be great.

With the regular hack n slash, view, it gets annoying.

The lock on AoE would be better for DA2.
    The lock on AOE would be bad for both. If something is in your way and you don't want to AoE that person, the AoE locks on to it anyways.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case