System 32 file messed up?

I just woke up, turned on the computer, got a message saying one of the system 32 files couldn't load, my screen was the interface of windows 94, (gray bars ect.)
    I have windows 7.

Is this a known issue with windows 7?

any ideas why the hell this would happen? I personally have some knowledge on computers and I got nothing...

If you can, copy the entire error and post it. If it's what I'm thinking it is, your system32 file is either missing, or otherwise corrupt. You can enter the recovery console and copy a new one, but I need to know what its saying.

Deleted
    Just do a system restore to the point your system last worked, simple easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennace View Post
    Just do a system restore to the point your system last worked, simple easy fix.
    And when that doesn't work, go ahead and download a program called 'ComboFix'

If you run this, and I say this very seriously, DO NOT OPEN, CLOSE, MOVE A WINDOWS, SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER or ANYTHING until this program finishes running. It WILL brick your OS if you do any of these things and will cause you to have to re-install Windows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra View Post
    And when that doesn't work, go ahead and download a program called 'ComboFix'

If you run this, and I say this very seriously, DO NOT OPEN, CLOSE, MOVE A WINDOWS, SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER or ANYTHING until this program finishes running. It WILL brick your OS if you do any of these things and will cause you to have to re-install Windows.
    You'd be surprised how often the extremely simple solution works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennace View Post
    You'd be surprised how often the extremely simple solution works.
    Actually, I wouldn't be. Considering I'm a tech for a hospital and it's never anything easy.

Not to get in the middle of the impending "I'm smarter than you" war, but it's usually best to try the simpler, low risk solutions before attempting less simple, higher risk solutions.

e.g. Try the fly swatter before the bazooka.

But anyway, as Afallach said, posting the complete error message would help us help you.
    This is a signature, only a signature. And nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsusnme View Post
    Not to get in the middle of the impending "I'm smarter than you" war, but it's usually best to try the simpler, low risk solutions before attempting less simple, higher risk solutions.

e.g. Try the fly swatter before the bazooka.

But anyway, as Afallach said, posting the complete error message would help us help you.
    I did say "When that doesn't work, try this... "

So, I did say go with the easier one first?