Just downed heroic chimaeron....

Dumb fight, simple as that.

Phase 1 isn't bad at all. But, at 20% the fight becomes completely based off of RNG. We got him to 20% 5 times with everyone topped off but due to RNG, both tanks died and the 2 shotting of dps started occuring.

We killed him on our 6th attempt after our first tank died and I miraculously parried his attacks for 10% of his hp until I died.

And yes, we do use BoPs, feigns, spreading out, ect. doesn't change the fact that a class with no aggro dropping abilities like a warrior will end up dying.

I hear hulling ass and kiting helps, you know BEFORE he berserks.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    I hear hulling ass and kiting helps, you know BEFORE he berserks.
    Of course we do spread out, but he has a really big hit range so I mean, it doesn't change the fact that a lot of it is based off rng

you do know ppl supposed to die in this fight right :P? also get ur tanks to gear for avoidence

There's no point spreading out on heroic, his swing timer is massive and run speed is not too shabby as well. He will get to you before hit swing timer reset, I promise you. Just stay in one bunch and DPS him down, you get more damage out this way. We're killing him this way every week.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspianRoach View Post
    There's no point spreading out on heroic, his swing timer is massive and run speed is not too shabby as well. He will get to you before hit swing timer reset, I promise you. Just stay in one bunch and DPS him down, you get more damage out this way. We're killing him this way every week.
    Yeah there absolutely correct it's so much easier. A mage with a lot of aggro who keeps his mirror image cd for the phase is nice to have. Helps a lot because it takes forever to chew through these.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-02-28 at 06:22 AM.

Also a neat trick to do is if you have a holy paladin he can taunt between swings before p2 to put him in the top 3 on threat to buy you another 10s+ of dps.

edit: could work wit ha Rdruid as well ^^

Don't spread. His swing timer is too long for that to be useful. Group under a Barrier or an Anti-Magic Shell. Use mirror images, deterrence, evasion tank, and have a protection warrior pop all of his cool downs going into the start of the phase. Make use of Aura Mastery, etc...

hmmm strange... the only players that die in our raid are exactly 2 tanks stupidly someone died before P2 so we didn't get the achievement

A Rogue with Evasion also helps. The Tanks should also keep all their CDs for this Phase. A Warrior can e.g. take one more hit with last stand (still gives you HP since it's not a heal). Don't need to mention Shield Wall, Shield Bock and trinkets ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    hmmm strange... the only players that die in our raid are exactly 2 tanks stupidly someone died before P2 so we didn't get the achievement

A Rogue with Evasion also helps. The Tanks should also keep all their CDs for this Phase. A Warrior can e.g. take one more hit with last stand (still gives you HP since it's not a heal). Don't need to mention Shield Wall, Shield Bock and trinkets ofc.
    I won't be the only to ask, if you can show us WoL parse. Doesn't have to be this particular fight, but that you actually downed him on HC. There's no point in dps warrior's stance dancing and poping survival CD's as the boss hits for roughly 200k+. Every wasted gcd is a significant dps loss, that most raids on current ilvl simply can't afford.

edit:As for the tanks, they HAVE To rotate their CD's on feud phase to survive.
    Last edited by mmoc3901d91d40; 2011-02-28 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowee View Post
    I won't be the only to ask, if you can show us WoL parse. Doesn't have to be this particular fight, but that you actually downed him on HC. There's no point in dps warrior's stance dancing and poping survival CD's as the boss hits for roughly 200k+. Every wasted gcd is a significant dps loss, that most raids on current ilvl simply can't afford.

edit:As for the tanks, they HAVE To rotate their CD's on feud phase to survive.
    It's RNG. You get lucky, it's very easy. If not, it's harder but doable. Same with the feud timings, sometimes you can hit 21% with 4, sometimes 5 if the timings are cruel.

Parse for our kill last night with achievement:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...=13244&e=13634

That kill we got some good streaks, and myself and the other tank stayed alive a long time. 4 set tanking bonuses are awesome here. Otherwise, get to a point where you consistently hit P2, perfect the transition, and eventually he will die when things go your way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not very rng honestly. Just be clever with chaining salvations on dps which do high damage in the last phase and cant drop it on their own (Like warriors spamming execute). Warlocks can soul shatter. Spriests can eat a hit with dispersion if they're high on threat. Hunters can detterence tank. Mages with mirrors. Rogues with evasion. And disc is nice for this fight with shield spam. You might want to save an innervate for your disc priest for this reason. All of this improves your p3 a lot and buys you dps time.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphed Stoneclaw Totem for shamies = <3 during P3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate- View Post
    It's RNG. You get lucky, it's very easy. If not, it's harder but doable. Same with the feud timings, sometimes you can hit 21% with 4, sometimes 5 if the timings are cruel.

Parse for our kill last night with achievement:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...=13244&e=13634

That kill we got some good streaks, and myself and the other tank stayed alive a long time. 4 set tanking bonuses are awesome here. Otherwise, get to a point where you consistently hit P2, perfect the transition, and eventually he will die when things go your way.
    Yesterday we got a normal kill with a weaker group and we ended up with just one tank dead. our bear had incredible dodge streak, dying on 500k. So yeah, rng in the last phase does a lot.

Coordinate with your raid to get a salvation when possible, and there ya go. Or you can back off a little and let some ranged/people with better evasion and surv cds to get aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a healing priest, shields are your friend. I think I was ~90% hp left on our first kill. As far as dot damage goes anyway.

We had a problem our first attempt or 2 in P3 with tanks just dying really quick and then losing the dps too fast as a result. Not exactly sure what they changed(maybe they saved some cooldowns for the transition) but on our kill the tanks stayed up for a good bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    If you have a healing priest, shields are your friend. I think I was ~90% hp left on our first kill. As far as dot damage goes anyway.

We had a problem our first attempt or 2 in P3 with tanks just dying really quick and then losing the dps too fast as a result. Not exactly sure what they changed(maybe they saved some cooldowns for the transition) but on our kill the tanks stayed up for a good bit.

Most likely this is either not having a CD up when the healing debuff becomes active, or the boss having DA up when he transitions. Sometimes timing sucks, and you just have to go again.

Deleted
    Get tanks to sprint to oppsite ends of the room.

BoP Main tank.

Boss trundles over to your other tank.

Divine shield used by your other (Paladin) tank (BoP him too if not),

Main tank dispells BoP.

Boss returns to main tank.

7-10 seconds of Chimaeron going herp durp, Sound and Fury achieved on Heroic 10 man. (ITS NOT HARD EVERYONE)