Unhappy Any other guilds having problems in 25 with players showing up?

As the title says my guild is having problems getting 25 people to show up 3 days a week. Its gotten so bad that are progression has stopped. Some guild members are saying its because of 10 mans dropping the same loot as 25 mans i was wondering if anyone else was having this kind of problem? We never had this problem even in late wrath i dont know whats wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many players are also "bored" with Warcraft atm, and not much in the mood with leveling another toon. Happens for many reasons : new upcoming content, new mmo, new game somewhere, or just need a break for a bit.

Yeah from what I hear a lot more guilds than usual kinda struggle with roster fluctuation - I believe this also has a lot to do with the fact that current raidprogress is rather long in comparison to the gated progress you got used to during wotlk.

Yeah last night we had to cancel our 3rd night of 25mans for the week cause 3 healers and a few DPS didnt show up and didnt feel they needed to inform anyone. We did a 10m instead (didnt have the tanks online for 2 groups) which made things worse with people threatening to quit and so forth cause they missed out.

However, its really down to the guild to punish the players who ruin it for everyone, do you use a DKP or EPGP system? If so give them penalty points. Can they be subbed out next week for someone else? Consider doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have trouble getting 10 people to show up once a week.

We use to back in LK when we did 25's. When the announcment was made that 10's would drop teh same loot in Cata we said screw it and went to just 10 man raids. So far no issues with people showing up. A few people have to sit but we rotate them decently so no issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 25 people, the odds of having some absences is always good. However, multiple people failing to show up regularly without notice is a behavioural issue you need to correct and a problem with your raiders not with the size of the raid. I've never had that issue because I have always raided with mostly responsible, considerate people.

Your raiders need to be clear that a commitment to raid is a commitment just like you would make to a sports team or other group activity where people depend on each other. If they don't want that kind of obligation, then that's fine, but they should be up front about it and be reassigned as a backup for the real players. A person who can't even show up for things they've promised to shouldn't be counted on for an important role. Video game or not, there are 24 people depending on people following through on their commitment to show up.

Your raiders also need to not be jerks and give advance notice when they're going to be gone. Genuine emergencies where someone honestly didn't realise they'd be missing are extremely rare. In almost all cases, people know in advance they will be gone or that they might have an issue that will force them to be late or absent. Your raiders are extremely inconsiderate if they can't even manage to warn you.

It could be that people are unhappy doing the fights on 25man and they're going about complaining in a very immature, passive-aggressive way. Maybe they would prefer a 10man. If that is the case, maybe you need to break into two or three 10s. Work with the guild to make sure you're really doing what people want to do.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    With 25 people, the odds of having some absences is always good. However, multiple people failing to show up regularly without notice is a behavioural issue you need to correct and a problem with your raiders not with the size of the raid. I've never had that issue because I have always raided with mostly responsible, considerate people.

Your raiders need to be clear that a commitment to raid is a commitment just like you would make to a sports team or other group activity where people depend on each other. If they don't want that kind of obligation, then that's fine, but they should be up front about it and be reassigned as a backup for the real players. A person who can't even show up for things they've promised to shouldn't be counted on for an important role. Video game or not, there are 24 people depending on people following through on their commitment to show up.

Your raiders also need to not be jerks and give advance notice when they're going to be gone. Genuine emergencies where someone honestly didn't realise they'd be missing are extremely rare. In almost all cases, people know in advance they will be gone or that they might have an issue that will force them to be late or absent. Your raiders are extremely inconsiderate if they can't even manage to warn you.

It could be that people are unhappy doing the fights on 25man and they're going about complaining in a very immature, passive-aggressive way. Maybe they would prefer a 10man. If that is the case, maybe you need to break into two or three 10s. Work with the guild to make sure you're really doing what people want to do.
    It's indeed a problem with the raiders and not the raid size, but it's unfortunate that most people DO think "it's just a video game" and decide that they owe no explanation or warning to the 24 (or 9) other people whose time they will be wasting. A lot of people lack personal responsibility, thinking they are all that matters, and I agree it would be best not to raid with these people, but it's quite hard to find considerate people who can all raid at the same time in a game like wow =/.