Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The neck def isn't the best option you could get. It's not the worst, but not the best.

As for the jar? If you have 3500 spirit without the jar..

A) That's way too much even for holy
    B) The jar does more then nothing with that much spirit, get an intel trinket.
    C) 3500 Spirit = Means you like to spam way too many mana costly spells and spam spam spam, don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your composition, there's almost always a shadow priest in our raid so i'm toning down my haste rating for mastery

I prefer haste though

It depends entirely of kind of damage received:
    -Alakir Phase 2 and Chogall Phase 2 is the kind of damage that brings Mastery better: non stop constant ticks. (Even when you are spread)
    -Maloriak Red Phase and Atramedes Searing Flame is the kind of damage where you may be wanting haste.

So... just keep then BALANCED D:
    NEVER go crit as holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    The neck def isn't the best option you could get. It's not the worst, but not the best.

C) 3500 Spirit = Means you like to spam way too many mana costly spells and spam spam spam, don't do that.
    Not when the "3500" comes from 2545 spirit and the rest is just 4set bonus and tsunami trinket.

With jar and 4set i have 3956 spirit and I certainly still run oom on 10m hm progression fights. Yes you do not "need" that much spirit, as it gets easier once you have the strategy down and everyone doesn't stand in the fire, but till that happens you wanna run with some extra mana to spend to allow for mana costly spell usage.

Are you guys saying 3500 buffed spirit or unbuffed? Also, what would you say is a good amount of spirit to have unbuffed? I think I'm at ~2600 unbuffed with 4pc.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Kelesti I had no idea you edited your post after I responded. I don't know what's up your ass but try not to look like an ass by assuming you know what I should be doing. I respec, reforge and regear per encounter that merits it. My mana and gear are tailored to the healing requirements for the current progression encounter we are doing. Currently I need as much Haste and regen as I can get seeing as I'm dealing with extremely spammy fights with low break thresholds at the moment. So yeah, cool off. No idea why you're in such a mood.

Edit: Not like you have any right to judge characters at such a level anyway seeing as you don't link yours, regardless of reason.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-03-02 at 10:53 AM.

I think that if you are dual specced disc/holy and only have enough raiding time to acquire one set of gear, you might like a bit more mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post

I don't get the problem with C? If you have more spirit, you have the capacity to expend your mana on more costly spells often.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Deleted
    My personal view is that both are really good stats and which you go for is not that big of an issue. However, you want to hit 12,5% haste with raidbuffs, so you're going to need a lot of haste regardless. There's also the fact that no matter what their mathematical bonuses are, you don't FEEL mastery like you feel haste. Mastery is this passive thing which makes your heals better, while haste gives you direct feedback, you're casting faster and you need less reaction time.

For these reasons, I'm stacking pure haste. I'm sure mastery is great as well, but I feel that haste will give me a more noticeable buff. Not only will I heal more because I'm faster, I'll be more comfortable when spikey damage occurs.

This business of "12.5%" is for renew ticks, of course.

However, someone told me that the 12.5% assumes that you have 3/3 of Darkness, and if you don't then you must have more haste.

Is that correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    This business of "12.5%" is for renew ticks, of course.

However, someone told me that the 12.5% assumes that you have 3/3 of Darkness, and if you don't then you must have more haste.

Is that correct?
    No, you need 12,5% haste to get the extra tick. Get to 12,5% with darkness or with gear instead, it's up to you, but the haste needed is 12,5%. If you have full darkness and expect 5% haste buff from raid, you need 4,5% haste.