Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leofric View Post
    Oh that's right, just dispel immediately, why didn't I think of that. Novas and roots are basically pointless because you are automatically dispelled.

Are you crazy? Have you ever hear of CC? Things like fear, stun, seduce, blind, traps, etc. all keep your "healer" from dispelling you. I find it funny that you said "healer" when shadow priest can play triple dps with no penalty to dispels (not after patch). So when your "healer" gets CC'd everyone can do something to prevent/remove the roots/fear/novas themselves EXCEPT FERALS. Get it now?
    I forgot this was a WoW discussion, OF COURSE your class is the most underpowered in anything you do. Silly me, my bad.

Sorry your healers are bad, or you, or your team? Idk what to tell you.

/sarcasm

There is entirely TOO MUCH CC in the game right now... but ofc only ferals are feeling it, once again, silly me. It's NOT the change to ferals that is the issue at hand, it is the general amount of CC in the game right now. I can kite/CC/play with almost ANY class in the game right now by selecting ANY of my toons... ALL DAY. It's not just ferals, the massive amounts of CC are apparently Blizzard's new motto, instead of "Resilience will fix it" I believe it is now "There is mass amounts of CC, you can control them."
    Last edited by Ebbikenezer; 2011-02-27 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

So your sarcasm is to make fun of my post, yet you agree with the CC problem? I don't get it. Are you saying ferals have a way to get out of CC that I am not aware of? Or are you saying healers can dispel every time, despite having multiple debuffs on you (like VT, and UA)? So massive CC makes it ok for ferals to be susceptible to all the same CC's as everyone else + 2 more (hibernate / scare beast). Your post confuses me, but your character confuses me even more.

The only dwarf priest with the name Ebbikenezer has a 1570 highest 3v3 rating, so lol at all your previous posts, and anything you post from here on out that has anything to do with pvp.

Look I posted something in response to your crying.

Let me make it simple: Ferals can ABSOLUTELY DESTROY anyone they open up on with the right team. Complaining about not being able to get out of every single thing people use to hinder that?

You're simply being a crybaby, exactly the same as every other one that gets on forums to whine about a change to their class re: PvP.

This is NOT a STRICTLY PvP game, hardcore Arena players will never get that.

Also: Why don't I get a glyph that whenever I apply one of my DoTs, a standard part of my rotation, to someone it makes them unable to move? How come I don't get a form for such drastically increased movement speed? How come there are immunities to my CC, but not to yours? Why does my disarm have such a long CD, even glyphed? Why can't I cast while I use Dispersion since I am still taking damage? How come my Shadowfiend can be killed? Why are my shields dispellable/able to be stolen? Why doesn't one of my DoTs cause my other DoTs to tick for more damage? How come almost my entire school for damage dealing as shadow can be locked out via interrupt? Why can't I interrupt melee in the same way? Why don't I have anything to tranq an enrage/berserk?

See what I mean? There are ten million things I could carry on about, changes happen all the time, crying about it makes you look like you were depending on one thing to win with your class.

TL ; DR=======> Go buy Tekken 6 or something, obviously the intricacies of everything your class CAN do are forgotten when they take ONE thing away.
    Last edited by Ebbikenezer; 2011-02-27 at 04:51 PM.
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post

Let me make it simple: Ferals can ABSOLUTELY DESTROY anyone they open up on with the right team. Complaining about not being able to get out of every single thing people use to hinder that?

You're simply being a crybaby, exactly the same as every other one that gets on forums to whine about a change to their class re: PvP.

TL ; DR=======> Go buy Tekken 6 or something, obviously the intricacies of everything your class CAN do are forgotten when they take ONE thing away.
    Obvious troll is obvious...
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by b3ndingunit88 View Post
    QQ moar you still got all the druid CC be that casted or in forms AND you can get out of slows.Get used to being rooted.
    "all the druid CC" is basicly cyclone and roots.
    Which are most of the time only castable when I get 5 combo points and in 20yard range.
    Which never occurs when you sit in roots all day.

Shapeshifting slows is close to useless since almost all slows get applied just as fast as you shapeshift its often just a waste of a GCD.
    Ferals have always been balanced around being mobile, therefore we have no ways to break/avoid getting rooted, no damage while rooted, no healing while rooted and no utility while rooted. This was fine since we never had to sit in roots for longer then a global cooldown.
    Now they have removed this and given us no compensation at all for it.

= Broken spec.

Maybe you missed it, but this is a feral pvp thread, so I will re-post what I said before: The only dwarf priest with the name Ebbikenezer has a 1570 highest 3v3 rating, so lol at all your previous posts, and anything you post from here on out that has anything to do with pvp.

I have a feral druid that I PvP with. And these are open forums, to which I am providing criticism to your post. Stop being mad, and relate your responses to mine, not just pointing out my priest's highest rating.

Orrrrr.... do you not have a good response?

For ,mrwingtip: What am I trolling about? I have made responses re: ferals in PvP. YOU, however, have responded to my post with gibberish, something about the forum guidelines seems to be amiss here.... I'll have to check and get back to you.

Also: Why don't I get a glyph that whenever I apply one of my DoTs, a standard part of my rotation, to someone it makes them unable to move? How come I don't get a form for such drastically increased movement speed? How come there are immunities to my CC, but not to yours? Why does my disarm have such a long CD, even glyphed? Why can't I cast while I use Dispersion since I am still taking damage? How come my Shadowfiend can be killed? Why are my shields dispellable/able to be stolen? Why doesn't one of my DoTs cause my other DoTs to tick for more damage? How come almost my entire school for damage dealing as shadow can be locked out via interrupt? Why can't I interrupt melee in the same way? Why don't I have anything to tranq an enrage/berserk?

See what I mean? There are ten million things I could carry on about, changes happen all the time, crying about it makes you look like you were depending on one thing to win with your class.

"Complaining about not being able to get out of every single thing people use to hinder that?"

Name one CC Breaker that a feral druid has. (Not counting insignia)

I would say being more proactive than reactive is exactly what a feral has. If you are waiting to lockout a caster until after they try to CC you.... you are always going to be one step behind anyways.

I don't think ferals have it easy, I will say they have a very difficult upkeep for bleeds and rotation, as well as trying to manage ranged..... I am simply pointing out that ferals not being able to get out of roots is not the end of them doing very well in PvP. You need to have a strong team, DR will take care of the rest. If they are busy spamming CC on the feral your healer has free reign to keep everyone alive until DR's have kicked in.

While I haven't played Feral pvp in quite a while, the only real thing we had over other melee was the ability to get out of roots, polymorph, stuff like that. All of that separated us from Rouges and other melee. Without the ability to get out of roots, why would we bother to not just reroll Rouge since they are PROBABLY better than Feral?
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

I would say being more proactive than reactive is exactly what a feral has. If you are waiting to lockout a caster until after they try to CC you.... you are always going to be one step behind anyways.

I don't think ferals have it easy, I will say they have a very difficult upkeep for bleeds and rotation, as well as trying to manage ranged..... I am simply pointing out that ferals not being able to get out of roots is not the end of them doing very well in PvP. You need to have a strong team, DR will take care of the rest. If they are busy spamming CC on the feral your healer has free reign to keep everyone alive until DR's have kicked in.

I somewhat agree with this.
    Its not only the fact that we can't shapeshift roots anymore that makes us bad.
    But its the fact that we have always been balanced around not being rooted, now we can be rooted and we didn't get compensated at all for this.
    Either give us shapeshift back and nerf something else, or leave it at it is and give us more burst/more utility moves.

Ghostcrawler is an IDIOT....HE completly destroyed ferals.ANd he buffed frost mages and dk much more.
    PVP in S9 is The Biggest Fail Ever

FErals are useles.THey sucks in PVE,dps is very low and in PVP they sucks even more.

ANd yes we know Mushroom=cool spell /hahahahahahahahaha
    Wild Mushroom=No respect for druid community

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    I somewhat agree with this.
    Its not only the fact that we can't shapeshift roots anymore that makes us bad.
    But its the fact that we have always been balanced around not being rooted, now we can be rooted and we didn't get compensated at all for this.
    Either give us shapeshift back and nerf something else, or leave it at it is and give us more burst/more utility moves.
    Ironically enough, the Fear break/immunity from Berzerk was removed because we could shapeshift out of roots. Apparently being logically consistent is not an important factor.

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Estaror View Post
    Ghostcrawler is an IDIOT....HE completly destroyed ferals.ANd he buffed frost mages and dk much more.

FErals are useles.THey sucks in PVE,dps is very low and in PVP they sucks even more.

No need to be immature.

/shoo

Worst post ever.

On topic;
    Having played a Hunter in PvP since Vanilla as well as feral for a bit in Vicious Season (Got Vicious title). Went back to my Feral over my Hunter in Cataclysm for a change.
    Played with and without the roots nerf and frankly, yeh it breaks the uniqueness of Feral. I think what a lot of people are missing in this thread is not that we're moaning because we just can't beat everything without any problems... it's the fact that over all the years the unique thing about rolling a druid was that you could shapeshift. Just like the unique thing about Paladins is bubble or whatever. Without the shapeshift CC break, what are we but a 'not so powerful' rogue that can heal.

4.1 introduces no movement speed for rogues stealth... Will we get that? Unlikely. Would it make a difference if we did? Probably not. But it emphasises the fact that Blizzard/Devs/Ghostgrawler whatever is, as they openly admitted, trying to make classes silhouettes of each other. With a few differences.

To the priest Ebikenreranaszer whatever, your arena rating means shit to me, you play this game as we do. However, consider your SPriest having the damage reduction of Dispersion removed, for example. That would suck, as well as taking away one of the unique selling points of playing Shadow; essentially what has happened to Feral. List me something that could be appealing to role Feral PvP over a Rogue or Balance Druid.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

This just confuses me further. Like I've said in previous posts, I usually agree with Blizzard's design and balance ideas, but they've provided no logic behind their current actions with Ferals...

First they say they want to balance things out, so instead of we can't be rooted, can break fear and be immune to fear with Berserk, and have instant entangling roots, they make us the easiest class to root, we can only break/prevent fear with trinket, and can no longer instant root. Ferals were to hard to CC before, but instead of removing some of that OPness and balancing with other things(like having instant root glyph but giving a 30s cooldown, and making Feral charge break root) they completely go to the other end of the spectrum and make us one of the easiest classes to CC. This isn't balance, this is going from one extreme to the other.

I think Ghostcrawler usually does a good job of explaining himself, but with these recent comments it's like we're not even playing the same game. What utility is he talking about? I see no mention of it by him, and I see no implementation of it in the game, other than the interrupt, which while awesome to have, doesn't mean crap if we're CC'd all the time. Hey! I can interrupt that warlock! To bad he has multiple CCs, and my only protection is a trinket with a 2 min cooldown. Oh man, I can interrupt that frost mage! To bad I can only get close to him for a second or 2 before getting rooted or frozen. Cyclone was there since BC, this is nothing new. And "slightly easier to control"... slightly? We can get out of slows, that's it. Other than that, our only hope is the PvP trinket. That's not "sightly" easier, that's "a lot" easier to control.

His vague answer, after weeks of QQ(over a month if you count the PTR), only indicates they didn't fully understand the changes they were making, and are hesitant to go back on their word so quickly after such a major change, no matter how wrong they think they might be. If there's going to be any reversion at all, it's not going to come before 4.1, and will probably come with the excuse of "after extensive testing...", even though these results have been apparent since the PTR.

We had some legitimate issues with being to OP, Blizzard recognized this but overshot the mark, and now we've gotta deal with it for at least another few months.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTRIPPEDINFOURWEEKS View Post
    1) Having played a Hunter in PvP since Vanilla as well as feral for a bit in Vicious Season (Got Vicious title). Went back to my Feral over my Hunter in Cataclysm for a change.

2) Without the shapeshift CC break, what are we but a 'not so powerful' rogue that can heal.

3)4.1 introduces no movement speed for rogues stealth... Will we get that? Unlikely. Would it make a difference if we did? Probably not. But it emphasises the fact that Blizzard/Devs/Ghostgrawler whatever is, as they openly admitted, trying to make classes silhouettes of each other. With a few differences.
    1) You may want to edit your post on this part
    2) You do know rogues can heal quite well via recoup
    3) Who cares if we get a stealth speed increase, how many times do you get to re-stealth in arena? Versus a Rogue who has 2x vanish (with prep) and cloak every min (talented)

Quote Originally Posted by leofric View Post
    1) You may want to edit your post on this part
    2) You do know rogues can heal quite well via recoup
    3) Who cares if we get a stealth speed increase, how many times do you get to re-stealth in arena? Versus a Rogue who has 2x vanish (with prep) and cloak every min (talented)
    1) Why may I want to edit my post on that? Just stating that I've played more than 1 class to a high PvP standard. Merely giving my opinion less of a bias view.

2) Yeh. With CP, just like we can instant CC with CP. I was talking about out and out heals, and all your point has done is emphasise my point that we aren't more appealing than a rogue.

3) I didn't say it mattered if we did.... Read the post again, then come back with some more formed arguments. It was merely highlighting that they make these changes to Rogues but don't touch Ferals. I only compare the 2 because they are similar, and changes to one can often be compared to changes to the other.

I'm not sure why you've made an aggressive reply trying to correct me, I was merely posting an opinion on the thread.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

10+ Year Old Account
    Two short things:

1. Before I saw that blue, I considered going feral PvP. I still do. Why? Because powershifting out of anything seemed too damn easy .

2. OP, Ghostcrawler is not the guy behind every change this game has seen since the end of BC. He is only the guy who takes a look on the ideas and go "Huh. Seems fair. Let's try, and revert the change if shit hits the fan." He also helps implement these changes. So at the very least, change the title to Dev Team on Feral PvP, since game development is not a dictatorship/one-man-process. Unless you want to have a misleading title
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Two short things:

1. Before I saw that blue, I considered going feral PvP. I still do. Why? Because powershifting out of anything seemed too damn easy .

2. OP, Ghostcrawler is not the guy behind every change this game has seen since the end of BC. He is only the guy who takes a look on the ideas and go "Huh. Seems fair. Let's try, and revert the change if shit hits the fan." He also helps implement these changes. So at the very least, change the title to Dev Team on Feral PvP, since game development is not a dictatorship/one-man-process. Unless you want to have a misleading title

I was of the opinion that Ghostcrawler wasn't working on WoW at all anymore. I've never been a big fan because of all the homogenization that has taken place while he has been been lead developer but everything in Cata has been so poorly done that I figured they had left the noobs in charge and moved all the experienced developers to the Titan.

I agree that its much harder in pvp for feral s, however pve you have the right person behind the keyboard you get some amazing numbers.