Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    i myself am 13, and ive been playing since i was eight. but whenever i see people whining or trolling people always seem to respond "what are you twelve?"
    and i to be honest think this is unfair. I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising. I also find people are less willing to be in a group/raid with some one who is twelve/thirteen. What are your thoughts on this?
    This sums it up really. I'm not gonna change my attitude just because 1 out of 20 is not annoying immature idiot. It's easier to just generalise all that way than find out every time if it is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    >implying 15+ are old
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

kids are no reliable, dont know the meaning of responsibility. thats all imo
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

I'm 16, I started playing when I was just 10 (6 years this April). When I was younger, I was impatient, arrogant and quite often pestered people with demands. However, all this was unknown to me at the time, as I was young. Some young people may be different to me as a child, but this attitude seems to mirror in other youngsters.

I think the majority of the issues with young people are rumours. For example, if there are three 12 year olds in a guild, and they all misbehave in the same manner, then they may be kicked. When they are kicked, as others have stated, you begin to generalise. With these generalisations, you may explain to friends how you kicked three 12 year olds due to behaviour. Your friends, possibly being biased towards your views, may take the same opinion on young people, and so forth.

I don't have an issue with young people - I've helped a lot of younger people in previous guilds and I've noticed consistency in requests, which perhaps has given me an idea that if I become friendly with younger people, I may be asked for help more than often.

So those are my thoughts on why people can be very opinionated on 12-14 year olds.

Sup Yo.

Deleted
    because who want a whineing high-pitch idiot named Shadowflame in your guild.
    no realy, most 12-14 yo are idiots, stupid and have to be in bed by 21.

best way to avoid these is simply not playing with them, dont give a rats hairy ass if not everyone of these 12yo are baddies or not. you dong got a chance untill you stop sounding like a girl to join our guild.
    and you cant even kick their asses if they are rude because they live on the other side of the world, which they are very well aware of so they just dont care how they act.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 12-16 year olds on vent have to be the worst...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    You all damn kids are seriously retarded. You're bads. 90% of times with bad attitude too. And I've had alot of experience over my 4 years of wow to say that.
    In my over 6 years of playing I've found idiots like you to be seriously retarded. You're bads, 90% of the time with bad attitudes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    I don't think anyone has anything specifically against younger children playing WoW. (and yes, 12-14 year olds are children, like it or not).

There is however the fact that children of that age tend to be more impulsive, emotional and less focused than someone who's older. ' Tend to ' since while this applies to the general stereotype, it doesn't hold every single time. For people who are somewhat older and/or more 'serious', playing with someone who hasn't yet grown out of those qualities can be quite frustrating. Teens in puberty tend to think mostly about themselves first, and about others next. In a game like WoW which relies for a large part on social group interacties (guilds, raids, etc) that can be a burden.

This is why most guilds (including my own) tend to recruit people above 16 or 18 years old. Is that a guarantuee that those people will act any more mature? Definitly not. It does however increase the chances of that by a lot.

Does that mean that younger people are bad players, always a burden to a guild, or anything like that? No. Even though our guild tends to look at players 18 years and older for recruitment, one of our best holy paladins joined our guild when he was barely 15 because the maturity his application showed was impressive. Aside from one incident, in the 2-3 years he has been in the guild he has shown more maturity and good qualities in general than many of our older members. There have been other similar examples that I know of. However, in the majority of the cases the stereotype held.

The only problem with this is, like Epiclurker already said, that children who ARE 12-14 (or any age for that matter) don't see themselves like that. I know I didn't either when I was that age.... I felt like I was as mature as i was ever going to get. Boy was I wrong.....
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.

I have no problem with young players IF they act mature enough.

One thing though that I would like to add is that if you're 18+ your parents (if you still live with them ofc) doesn't have that much to say when you want to stay up late on a school night to spend some extra time on a progress boss. Most 12-14 year olds would get their asses handed to them if they refused to turn of the computer (parents shutting down the internet or taking your computer away).

Deleted
    I dont mind playing with 10-12 year old players, aslong as they behave themselves. For example, yesterday i was in heroic SFK, im fully heroic geared and didnt need any of the boss', but the others did want the other boss' for the JP, and some mage was raging because he just wanted the last boss, started calling everybody else a selfish c*nt, and caps lock raging. After investigating, it turns out he was 12, and thinks that raging and swearing over the internet makes his real life problems go away.

Might sound harsh, yeah kids are kids etc, but adults are adults, and no matter how old you are (although most seem to be in adolescence) its not acceptable.

Deleted
    There will always be generalisation, is part of life. Personaly I always find that the 10-16 age group are the most hyper, wishing for constant attention either in something cool they have done or get annoyed by not being answered within a second flat! But overall they aren't a bad group. Now 16-early 20's group, thats when the idiotic behaviour starts. "I am not young enough to know everything.", This quote sums it to a 't'. I always find the younger adults are the most arguementative and disruptive bunch. Don't get me wrong, when you get top 25+ you start hitting the walls against people who are set in their ways and are quite often a 'Don't tell me what to do' mentality.

Now thats all generalisation! But when people start acting a certain way thats the age groups I start labelling them in.
    Last edited by mmoc9dec3c9b2c; 2011-02-27 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typos

I've raided in top 100 us guilds since I was 14, generally if you don't play like a retard, don't start drama, can hold a conversation, and can make coherent statements no one will know the wiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. I love 12-14 year olds.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

honestly i dont know what makes them think WoW is an adult video game

The fact is nobody wants to hear "sorry I'm grounded I can't play wow" or "my parents are telling me I have to get off the computer" especially if it means they have no other raider to replace you with. In general people 18+ have a higher intellect and maturity capacity. In my guild we crack alot of jokes that are inappropriate for children, and we also rag on eachother alot and it takes thick skin. I've heard plenty of stories from people talking about how good this 12 year old is but it was always somebody's son or somebody's younger brother. Also if you want somebody to take you seriously on a forum make sure to use proper grammar and punctuation, this isn't a text or in-game messages you're sending where it's type and hit enter. I'm posting from my cell phone at work and I can still make a reply like this. Yeah I'm a slacker... blah blah blah...

Ok guys, there ARE exceptions to the rule (like every rule), but most 12-14 year olds ARE immature. Stop arguing with it, it's fact.

Immature
    –adjective
    not mature, ripe, developed, perfected, etc.
    emotionally undeveloped; juvenile; childish.

Emotionally undeveloped - According to the Child Development Institute (http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/...erickson.shtml), 12-14 year olds are not emotionally developed fully, that causes many issues.

I, for one, find it amusing that people are trying to claim that the term 'immature' doesn't apply to those it DIRECTLY and PURPOSEFULLY applies to. You might as well claim you are actually a duck, unless you are actually a duck, if that's the case... well then, I'm at a loss.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    they whine too much , and taunt ppl xD

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was 12-14, I was an awful person. I didn't see it then, I see it now. You will do the same.

No matter how great and mature you think you are now, a few years down the road you're going to reflect on who you were and you're probably going to regret a lot of the things you did.
    Last edited by Selxxa; 2011-02-27 at 12:06 PM.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Deleted
    generally do not find any big difference between being idiots
    30 years or more, or kids ... is not the age that makes the
    person but my heart and I can say that I found wow
    very very little .. Then enough with this thing that I have 12
    I was different years are crap some redundancies
    if you do not lead normal lives aggressiveness in youth

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    honestly i dont know what makes them think WoW is an adult video game
    Hmmm.. I have no idea...

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Polishing the Helm
    Thrusting Hodir's Spear

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    When I was 12-14, I was an awful person. I didn't see it then, I see it now. You will do the same.
    Your avatar terrifies me.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa444 View Post
    generally do not find any big difference between being idiots
    30 years or more, or kids ... is not the age that makes the
    person but my heart and I can say that I found wow
    very very little .. Then enough with this thing that I have 12
    I was different years are crap some redundancies
    if you do not lead normal lives aggressiveness in youth
    Use a better translator please
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.