Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Out of current content, which raid do you think is easiest?

Basically, what the title says. Out of the four current raids available in Cata, which one do you recommend as the easiest for players new to Cata content to cut their teeth on? Besides Baradin Hold, obviously.

Mixture of the both, overall I'd say BWD. Although Cho'gall is stupid easy

u dont really clear one raid before the next, u do a few bosses in each to start and work your way through them all at the same time
    ggg

I think Bastion is easiest on normal mode once you have it on farm.

A matter of opinion. Here is about how my guild progressed:

Magmaw (BWD) -> Malo (BWD) -> Halfus (BoT) -> Omnomtron (BWD) -> V&T (BoT) -> Counsil (BoT) = Atra (BWD) = Chimaeron (BWD) = Concalve (TotW) -> Al'Akir (TotW) -> Cho'gall (BoT) -> Nefarian (BWD).

Raid comp also makes a difference this tier. IE if you lack half the buffs you are going to have trouble. No biggie really, but some fights are best tried with more ranged than melee. I also find Chimaeron very challenging, healing spits, more so than all bosses but the end ones.

If you're coordinated but not geared, kill magmaw, atra, conclave, halfus and valiona/theralion for free lewts. They are all fights where the requirement for skill is higher than gear.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted
    I'd say Halfus wyrmbreaker -> Magmaw > Omnotron > Conclave > Valiona > Maloriak > Atramedes <-> Chimaeron > Council > Cho'gall > Al'akir > Nefarian

In terms of completing entirely, I gotta go with BoT. Cho'gall is a chump compared to Al'Akir and Neffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a whole The Bastion of Twilight is the best entry raid.

While Magmaw/Maloriak/Omnitron defence system are chumpish too, venturing further into BWD will cause some gnashing of teeth I didn't find with BoT.

Nefarion will make new raiders cry.

Conclave so much harder???

Conclave --> Magmaw --> halfus --> omnitron --> maloriak --> atramedes --> v + t --> chimaeron --> ascendant council --> cho'gall, --> al'akir --> nef

its something like this, conclave is the easiest.

Conclave > Halfus > Magmaw > Omnitron > Maloriak > Chimaeron > Valiona > Ascendant Council > Atramedes > Chogall > Al'Akir > Nefarian

To answer the original question, I'd say BoT.

My guild's progress was: all BoT, 5/6 BWD, all T4W, Nef. We were 9/12 our first week, and 11/12 our 2nd week of raiding.

Only reason that T4W came so late was because we weren't motivated by the loot in there.

Deleted
    Personally we found for 10 man that it went Magmaw, Conclave, Omnotron, Halfus, Valiona/Theralion, Maloriak, Chimaeron, Atramades, Council, Cho'gall Running between two and three 10 man teams and it's been about the same line of progression for all of them.

But for 25 man we've found it slightly different Magmaw, Conclave, Maloriak, Omnotron, Halfus, Valiona/Theralion, Council, Chimaeron, Atramades.

We thought Maloriak for example would be harder on 25 man but one shot it from day one no problems, whilst our 2nd/third team have struggled sometimes on 10 man (especially I think before the enrage was changed slightly).

Conclave seems pretty easy across the board. Omnotron we take heavy losses (deaths) on for stupid reasons and still one shot it on 25 man, those two I think are the most "forgiving" of people dying personally.

Just my personal experience of it in a fairly casual raiding guild.

It really depends on your regular raid comp and who your raid all-stars are. I'd say overall BoT is much more forgiving for DPS while BWD is much more forgiving for tanks. Stupid people will cause both raids to be bad for healers.

Edit: Halfus, however, is definately your first stop depending on what the drakes are that week. Pretty much any drake comp that doesn't involve the mortal strike buff is a 100% cakewalk even for the mouth breathingest of mouth breathers.

Deleted
    BWD is by far harder than TofW or BoT since it has Nefarian. BoT and ToFW I'd rank pretty close to each other and that's just because of Al'akir and Cho'gall. Valiona & Theralion and Ascendant Council are both harder than Conclave of Winds, but it doesn't matter since the end bosses are both harder than any of the fights before them.

For proggressing with a new guild I'd recommend BWD 2/6 OR ToFW 1/2 OR BoT 1/4 first, then BWD 5/6 (I'd probably go Maloriak first and then figure out if I want a more mechanics orientated fight (Atramedes) or a pure gear check (Chimaeron)), then BoT 3/4 then your choice of Cho'gall or Al'akir and then the other and then Nefarian. You could go clear more in BoT before going to clear more in BWD, but in my opinion the BWD fights are slightly more forgiving for failures in general. Atramedes might be a slight exception with mechanics that are harsher or equally harsh than those in Valiona & Theralion or Ascendant Council. Nothing hard though, just considerable punishments for playing very very badly.

Naturally if your guild is good, do clear 5/6 BWD or 3/4 BoT straight away. No point is switching instances.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-02-28 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    As everyone has already said, totally up to you. I would however say that Conclave/Magmaw/Baradin are of similar ease. Omni is a fraction above, but really not much, same with maloriak.

We havent even bothered with halfus yet, I suppose we should really

Deleted
    Our guild has just started, our progression so far is Halfus -> Magmaw and having done some tries on Valiona. While we wiped horribly the first few tries, we quickly got to phase 2 and on the last try, we 9manned through a whole transition, so we should be able to get it down soon. From the raid bosses I've played then, it's definitely Argaloth -> Halfus -> Magmaw, with Valiona being a lot harder than Magmaw. Halfus and Magmaw is pretty much equal, Magmaw just requires some attention to movement which makes it slightly harder than Halfus, then again, some dragon combinations make Halfus a bit more annoying.

magmaw > omnomnom > halfus > valiona/theralion

then

atramedes > maloriak

then

elemental mostrosity > cho'gall > chimaeron > nefarion

i've left out conclave as the loot is far too random and pretty much everyone already has crafted epic belts, so honestly i'd worry about BoT 4/4 and BWD 5/6 before going to conclave, unless you have spare raid days. the one benefit to conclave is no trash though, so once you have it on farm you can be in and out fairly quick. but point in case, crappy random loot, BoT and BWD farm bosses will be better for gearing people up

well it is kind of hard to tell if one boss is easy or not since that depends a LOT on the people doing the boss.

If your raid/setup is weak on movement those bosses in Bastion of twilight and Throne of the four winds are NOT easy.
    If your Raid damage sucks, you might get trouble in blackwing descent
    If your healers are "special" in sense of not too good, you will have HUGE problems fighting chimaeron
    If your AOE DMG sucks you will get problems at Chogall

could add waaaay more lines to the list, but i hope you get the drift.
    In your case i would check the MAIN difficulty of every encounter and compare it to your group strength/weaknesses.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO View Post
    A matter of opinion. Here is about how my guild progressed:

Magmaw (BWD) -> Malo (BWD) -> Halfus (BoT) -> Omnomtron (BWD) -> V&T (BoT) -> Counsil (BoT) = Atra (BWD) = Chimaeron (BWD) = Concalve (TotW) -> Al'Akir (TotW) -> Cho'gall (BoT) -> Nefarian (BWD).

Raid comp also makes a difference this tier. IE if you lack half the buffs you are going to have trouble. No biggie really, but some fights are best tried with more ranged than melee. I also find Chimaeron very challenging, healing spits, more so than all bosses but the end ones.

If you're coordinated but not geared, kill magmaw, atra, conclave, halfus and valiona/theralion for free lewts. They are all fights where the requirement for skill is higher than gear.
    Last time I checked there was a door blocking the way to Maloriak/Atramedes/Chimaeron in BWD that only opened after both Magmaw and Omnotron were dead?

The way my guild did it was Omnotron > Magmaw > Maloriak > Halfus > Conclave > Valiona and Theralion > Ascendant Council. And thats where we are atm, the next ones will probably be Atramedes > Chimaeron, as soon as we get a functioning guild again.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my guild.. we're "casual raiders" and we found Conclave to be the easiest. Then I would rank for us .. Omnitron > Halfus > Valiona/Theralion > Maloriak > Magmaw > Atramedes. However, that was NOT our progression order. I'm just going by which fights seem to be easiest for us and which ones are still giving us problems. Yes.. Magmaw. *sigh* x_x He was our first kill, but we run into glitches sometimes that just mess with us.. meh.
    I am a filthy casual!