Question about Nefarian normal (25)

We have been trying out Maloriak HC for a while so havent seen Nefarian for a week. Yesterday we wanted to down him as we wouldnt have enough tanks for Maloriak this week, so better to clear then waste loot.

Only thing is that we wiped on p3 when Nefarian lands, the adds did not despawn. Everyone was already on the ground and 2 pilars still had them up. Ofc the aoe dmg killed us.
    Since it was late we broke off to go to sleep

Been going through the patch notes, is this intended (fix, balance) or a bug? cant realy find anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith View Post
    Only thing is that we wiped on p3 when Nefarian lands, the adds did not despawn. Everyone was already on the ground and 2 pilars still had them up. Ofc the aoe dmg killed us.
    Did they ever? I was under the assumption you needed to kill the adds to push Nefarian into phase 3 and if you fail to do that, phase 3 with start with adds and you wipe.

At least, that's what happens in 10 man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    HA! I have to admit I only play WoW for the homoerotic innuendoes

Thinking back about it, we always killed the adds, think it was guides on Nefarian that mentioned that they despawn. Questioning myself atm.

Gonna check that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The adds on the pillars have to be killed. They won't despawn. Where did you get such information? O_O

I can only imagine that you misread something in a guide you wanted to follow. Someone probably described the process of the adds-that-need-to-be-kited losing their energy and going to 'sleep' as 'despawning'...

The tankspot video had me confused, she mentioned that p3 starts after the 3 adds die or 3 min go by, whatever happens first. And in the video is a small skip where the adds go from 10-15% to being gone.

Like i said, been a while since i saw that video and that somehow stuck to me as that they despawn :S

My error, and is now cleared up

10+ Year Old Account
    The tankspot video had me confused, she mentioned that p3 starts after the 3 adds die or 3 min go by, whatever happens first. And in the video is a small skip where the adds go from 10-15% to being gone.

Like i said, been a while since i saw that video and that somehow stuck to me as that they despawn :S

The fact that p3 starts doesnt mean the adds are gone :P

You have to kill them.

Yeah, those adds on the pillars should die around the same time. I've noticed that killing one earlier than the others can cause the lava to go down, making Nefarian land. You'll want to make sure you have somewhat equal numbers of melee on each pillar, as the ranged will be on Nefarian.

If you have an odd number of melee on a pillar you can alway assign a warlock or spriest to the one with less melee so they can equal out the damage.

Tankspot videos are becoming so over bloated (totally want to look at badly drawn pictures in the hopes of humor, lols no), watch love2playwow videos on youtube!

I believe the quote was that "Phase 3 starts after all the adds die, or when 3 minutes pass, whichever happens first". Which means you have to have enough dps to kill them before the next phase starts, otherwise you'll have Nef and those adds to deal with. You can't just ignore them forever. They *have* to die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Yeah, those adds on the pillars should die around the same time. I've noticed that killing one earlier than the others can cause the lava to go down, making Nefarian land. You'll want to make sure you have somewhat equal numbers of melee on each pillar, as the ranged will be on Nefarian.
    Bullshit. Ive done this fight plenty of times, this doesnt happen.

In phase 2, the lava goes down after 2 or 3 minutes period, I don't remember exactly. There is no need to dps those ads at all, but killing them before the timer hits makes you less risky to fail at interrupts. We had all of our ranged dps on nefarian, and told melee not too dps too hard and focus on interrupting. We ended the phase with 2 ads still alive and they just disappeared. If they don't disappear indeed, then it's another stealth fix I guess?

Not sure what Nefarian encounter your taking on, but they do NOT despawn once the phase change happens into P3. We've only had it happen once due to some kind of slackness on the DPS's part, but it stayed there and one pillar had to try and finish it off before Nefarian decided to finish them off with his cowardice bolts (or whatever they are called). Leave them alive and you will quickly have a wipe situation on your adds when they chain cast Blast Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Bullshit. Ive done this fight plenty of times, this doesnt happen.
    So have I, nef can land with with 1 or 2 of them still alive. Whether it was just the timer or because one died early it doesn't matter. Fact still stands that dps should be spread properly so they all die.