Thread: Maloriak heroic

Maloriak heroic

Hello, we are starting with maloriak heroic next week, our current setup will be.
    DPSERS: Retripaladin, shadowpriest, shadowpriest, firemage, moonkin.
    TANKS: Protpala+Protwarrior
    HEALERS: rdruid, hpriest, hpala.

I just wanted some advice, do you think we have enough aoe for the adds in black phase? Also we got no permanent slows except for the moonkin to kite the abberiations, could we go with 3x tanks possibly? The retribution paladin got good tanking gear, so could we go with 3x tanks maybe? Also, i heard the tank is immune to healing while in the "black breath" should healers time heals between the breaths?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Hello, we are starting with maloriak heroic next week, our current setup will be.
    DPSERS: Retripaladin, shadowpriest, shadowpriest, firemage, moonkin.
    TANKS: Protpala+Protwarrior
    HEALERS: rdruid, hpriest, hpala.

I just wanted some advice, do you think we have enough aoe for the adds in black phase? Also we got no permanent slows except for the moonkin to kite the abberiations, could we go with 3x tanks possibly? The retribution paladin got good tanking gear, so could we go with 3x tanks maybe? Also, i heard the tank is immune to healing while in the "black breath" should healers time heals between the breaths?

Warrior has piercing howl if he specs it for the kiting role. In addition, adds aren't too bad if you avoid having 9 up at any time. You don't need or want 3 tanks. DPS/AOE should be enough, if your guys are good. Tank healing needs to be timed between the breath in black phase. 8 second channel, 4 second cast. Heal up in the 4 second gap. He can melee between breaths, so don't have your tank in melee range at start of the new cast. Cool fight, but fairly punishing, good luck.

You should have enough AoE though the lack of a hunter will hurt. It is possible to get Maloriak to release a set of aberrations before he spawns Vile Swills. That way you can just AoE down the first set of aberrations with the Vile Swills. If your tank is getting gibbed it might be worth while to "fish" for one of those pulls (it is RNG whether he does a release before Vile or not AFAIK). Good luck.

Also, i heard the tank is immune to healing while in the "black breath" should healers time heals between the breaths?
    Yes. In 25s, you need to get the tank near full health in the ~4 seconds inbetween breaths. Not sure how hard it hits in 10s.

My responsibility during that phase (holy pally) is to top off the tank between these breaths. I get help from others, but they're also healing others.

I have DBM running, and I use the timer on Engulfing Darkness to time my big heal, followed by another big heal, followed by an instant. If he's not close to full health, I might put HoSac on him or have him pop a cooldown.

Another thing, make sure your tank backs away from him before the cast is done. We've had a couple of attempts where Maloriak melee'd our tank at the end of the cast and killed our tank. Since he doesn't move during that phase, backing away will keep your tank from being hit.

Ever since the last add hp nerf its way easier to deal with it, even on your firstkill.
    Have your people prioritize survival(aka less damage taken) over tunnel max dps.
    The tricky things of M10HC are
    * Proper interrupting
    * Fire breath healing(this is very tight, specially if you only got 8 guys(OT and fire debuff) in
    * P2 execute and proper cd usage
    * Not instakilling frost tombs(this hurts)
    * Also, make sure to account for 3 breaths during red and Maloriak casting Abberrations release during green(this shit is quite rng)

Its quite ok to take a set of 3 adds into the black phase, just make sure your aoers dont go all out right off the bad - and its even easier to focus one target down first.

Okay so going this today, and instead of protpala+protwarrior we got 2x protpaladins, so i had some other questions.
    Releasing 3x abberiations works for first blackphase, but does it work for the second one?
    Can i tank 6x abberiations without dying really fast?
    I heard i tank 3x abberations most of p1, and then we'll let the last cast go through, so i just have too tank 6x with buffs up for 5-10 seconds, how do we know when the last one hits? Is there a pattern like 2x for each red/blue phase. Also, can i tank 3x abberations in p2 without a problem?

As a DK tank I found it extremely difficult at times to tank all 3 abberations + vile swills at the same time. Having no MD or tricks isn't very fun. Especially when you have a fury warrior and enh shaman single targeting mobs down while you try and aoe tank.

The biggest issue as well is, although slowing all 9 adds makes it so the tank barely takes dmg, you sacrifice the ability to hold aggro properly because if one of the abberations or vile swills, a dps is focusing down, is all the way in the back and slowed, it is very hard to get aggro on it because you can't run forward to get in range of it due to the puddle on the ground.

After about 2.5 hours of wiping last night, we decided to just release 9 after dark phase, every set our warrior dps taunted one off me and dps'd it down with ranged dps helping him.

We did this for 3 sets so by green phase only 6 abberations were on me. We did this in the last 30 mins of our raid and noticed that it was 10x easier getting to green phase without getting insta gibbed.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 02:45 PM ----------

Okay so going this today, and instead of protpala+protwarrior we got 2x protpaladins, so i had some other questions.
    Releasing 3x abberiations works for first blackphase, but does it work for the second one?
    Can i tank 6x abberiations without dying really fast?
    I heard i tank 3x abberations most of p1, and then we'll let the last cast go through, so i just have too tank 6x with buffs up for 5-10 seconds, how do we know when the last one hits? Is there a pattern like 2x for each red/blue phase. Also, can i tank 3x abberations in p2 without a problem?

6 adds are tankable with a big cooldown. The big cooldown will also be up again on the next 6 during the second green phase because this fight is fairly long.