PW: S and Shadow Priests

I don't mean to be a dick, but does any other shadow priest feel slightly annoyed and powerless about the recent Power Word: Shield changes? While using it in PVE is pretty much useless, it is an essential tool in PVP, and although we have no talents that buff this spell, it still continues to be nerfed.

I've wondered about this idea for a long time now, but what about giving Shadow Priests their own version of PW:S... something dark and evil looking, I don't know.

But at least that way Blizz could keep the two spells separate from each other, and they could fiddle around with PW:S all they wanted to without affecting shadow priest survivability.

The reason I say this is because it seems that the developers just don't know where to go with PW:S except head on into more nerfs. While it's bad for Disc, it's also one of the few tools that spriests can still use without breaking shadow form to try and survive.

Just a thought.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I've seen these posts about a PW:S nerf for Shadow priests but i still dont see what the actual nerf is...help?

The problem is, Disc's mastery directly affects how strong PW:S is, which means that Blizzard has gone into a balancing act of trying to not make PW:S completely overpowered to the point of making the priest invincible.

Over the course of this expansion it's already had it's mana cost increased and it's duration lowered and you can expect more nerfs in the future.

My other idea is to just give Disc a new mastery that is easier to balance... I mean that was the point of mastery in the first place right?

Any time you give a stat that makes them more powerful the more they stack it, without any consequence is a bad idea, especially when it comes to healers.

For example:

I could stack crazy amounts of Int, and ignore every other stat that I have... sure I'd have a lot of mana and my spell power would be high, but my crit would be shit, I'd have barely any resil, and my dots would tick slower then molasses. For shadow priests it's the same for mastery... we COULD stack tons of it... but others stats would suffer.

Not so for disc priests, because the more mastery they stack, the more powerful their shield becomes and the more powerful their shield becomes, the less need there is to cast actual healing spells.

Now if disc priests, and even all classes, had a mastery that they first had to set up, like shadow orbs, it would be a lot better.

Mastery would still be a good stat, but you wouldn't rely on it as much.
    Last edited by Direshadow; 2011-02-28 at 05:32 PM.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Guess he means the duration reduction? Dunno, from my experience in PvP if your shield lasts 15s you're doing well so not much effect really.