Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Your vehement denial of facts here is somewhat astounding. Blizzard has shown with every increasing frequency that they will take community mods that they like and add them to the UI, so asking them to take an hour of time to code in a tri spec, or a spec/glyph/keybind feature to a trainer is not much to ask for.
    Way to read only, what, 2 sentences of her post?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I should be forced to do this when it's just as easy to add another spec slot, plus there is more to it than clicking and paying. It's also bar set up and glyph changing. I play a hybrid and I like ALL aspects of my class. I want to play all aspects of that class because it's just that awesome. I also want to farm PvE and PvP achievements on the same toon. Why do I have to be limited to 2 specs when it's not that big of a deal to just add another one. It's not demeaning to the game or game-play. It actually opens up a lot more doors for people that DO play hybrids; it even may open doors for all dps specs. A hunter posted saying that he needed more than 2 specs to allow for versatility on raid bosses. Yes, it's a personal choice to accommodate his guild in this way, but he's doing it with nothing but good intentions. And yes, it's personal choice for what 2 specs you want to play, but I really and truly don't see how allowing more than 2 specs is going to ruin the game (not that you said it would, I'm just baffled). I feel like this is just limiting, even more, customization to my character, because as of right now, specs aren't meaningful, so why can't I just do everything that my class allows me to do?

This really has nothing to do with wanting more handouts to make things easier. For me, it will actually impact my enjoyment of the game because I will be able to do more without having to worry about respeccing before this raid or making sure my glyphs are right for PvP at this time. Sometimes making things more convenient CAN be a good thing.

Blizzard didn't say no. They said "We don't want to at the moment, but we like people who would appreciate a third spec to not be too bummed out so we'll give you a small maybe". And I'd appreciate a third spec.
    I mean, even as a Rogue, I could use a third spec. I have one Assassination spec for Raids, and one Assassination spec for Dailies/Grinding, because that is just so much easier if I use a slightly different spec. Some of the mobs in Tol Barad hit really hard and between improved recuperate and deadly momentum I really don't want to have to do my daily grind with my raid spec. That said, i'd love to have the option to have a third spec, like subtlety or combat, to mix things up a little. It might be a slippery slope, but if the majority of players would like it, that might not be a bad slope to slip down. A little.

10+ Year Old Account
    After some contemplation I have come to the decision that dual-spec is more than enough. This gives you opportunity to switch between your 2 most used specs which should be enough for most players anyway. For convenience there are addons that help you set your desired spec easily...
    The addon Set talents for example. It uses the string from the official talent calculator to set your talent. So it's basically make the talent setup once on the official calculator and then save that string. Only thing you have to do is, visit trainer, unlearn talents and run the Set Talents command (could be macroed even) and poof you are set. I'd rather see Blizz focusing on way more interesting stuff than adding the possibility of more specs which is not a real hassle in fact.

Deleted
    I would not be worried, with Rift offering 4? 5? specs as default, and becoming increaseingly popular due to the ease of changing gameplay style, I would not be even the least bit surpried if blizzard bring out Tri/Quad spec.

It makes sense for them to improve the game, and tri spec is blatently an improvement. I have spoke to no-one who has played rift and complained they have just too much to do!