Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Everyone thanks for the input. seems as long as respect is remember we are in a general consensus on the issue

I am constantly removing people from the group

Sometimes, you get groups that are extremely unpleasant in any manner or form. For example abusive people you really can't be arsed to deal with. Particularly since the vote-kick karma system, where it's both faster and easier for you to just drop out of the group than risk having guild runs where you need to get rid of someone... non-contributing.

So imo it's fair to drop out of groups as you please. It's a game. If you're not enjoying yourself... /shrug

Yes, there's something like responsibility for your group and all that, but I'll only be bothered to stretch my care so much before it's enough.

I've tanked PuGs, I give them there fair chance. More than 1 wipe for the exact same reason on the same boss, the cause of it (if it is one person), I will kick. If it is a total DPS issue, lacking too much, that the fight takes too long and the healer OOMs and it's one of the heroic ones I can't self-heal through (Paladin), then I will apologize, explain to them the issue, and walk away from the group.

I try to teach, advise, etc. Some of the best folks are the Druids and Shamans in the epic Cloth rep items, that thought the +5% Intellect was on a per-slot basis (and yes, I've heard that exact statement before).

Some tanks (and healers) are either "I will not even do such-and-such a run if it's my random". Stonecore and Grim Batol stand out as two of them. Those tanks I consider elitist, cause they won't even test and see if their group is competent for it. As long as they are willing to TRY, and it goes south, that is justification to me. If you aren't even willing to check your party, and TRY, you aren't worth the role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never chastise dps for being overzealous, nuke away I'll just vig you. I do however get pissed at dps that refuse to re cc, fail to interrupt, break cc, preform well below gear level, fail to follow instructions (my job as a tank is to know all abilities, mechanics of fights so if I tell you to do x when the mob does y just do it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Running as both tank and DPS i've seen both sides of this. When I tank, I know if I leave I can insta-queue. When I'm DPS it's a 40 min wait, and I have to put up with a lot more.

I learn from what went wrong and not doing it again. A few wipes doesn't bother me. We can discuss what went wrong and try to do better.

What gets me is the attitude of the people in the group. If we wipe, and the first thing in chat is "Fail Tank," screw them. Whether or not it's my fault, I don't need the attitude. Helpful advice like "don't attack that mob first" or "you need to pull back here," fine, my bad, now I know. Putting me down so quickly, i'll rage quit and insta-queue.

What is up with the wait time? I've tried to get my guild to mandate that everyone in the guild needs to have at least one Tank or Healer (that hasn't gone over well). Queue times should not be that crazy, if there are three times as many DPS as there are Tanks, then everyone has insta queue. If there are 30 min wait as DPS, does that mean there are 90 times as many DPS as there are Tanks? That's insane. Seriously, everyone, try another roll for a while.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    No, I don't think this is right. When you click "Enter Dungeon", you--regardless of your spec--have an obligation to complete the dungeon to the best of your ability. This is what you agreed to do when you clicked that button.
    This is interesting. When I join a group I will not quit unless absolutely necessary. The goal is to complete the instance and I have the patience and determination to succeed. Do I want the rest of my group to feel this way? Yes. I would very much like everyone else to hold the same ideal but I understand that they may not or will not accept it for any reason.

Even more interesting, someone else will put their expectations on you or hold you to their ideals, even if it is not possible for you to fulfill them, and they will still be disappointed and upset when you don't. The question then becomes, how do you deal with this?

Stop for a moment to realize their behavior is not your problem, take a deep breath and move forward.

To be honest im seeing all roles quit. I dont really go into instances half assed... if im going to queue for something i want to complete it. But like any role... if the group is not meshing and destroying stuff then after a few wipes we gotta call it. Its just the RNG of the dungeon finder... when its good you enjoy it and get things done... make sure to be extra nice. No one likes THE GOOD RUN with a random jackass lol.

I try not to say anything mean or disrespectful... its a video game... just bounce no one is going to remember your name or your random tongue lashing of L2P. :-)

Lets be honest with ourselves for a second...if dps could requeue and get right back in like tanks can, they would drop groups way more often too.
    Being a tank an filling a role that others dont want to should render some benefits. When I'm tanking, I'll usually stay around as long as the group learns from their mistakes. If they screw up on the exact same thing or are consistently doing stupid shit or being douche bags, then I shouldn't be forced to suffer through someone else's bad game play.
    Low gear I can handle, idiots however, I cannot.
    Maelyn-lvl 85 pally
    Roguezorz-lvl 85 rogue
    Braedon-lvl 85 druid
    Vanden-lvl 85 death knight

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    No, I don't think this is right. When you click "Enter Dungeon", you--regardless of your spec--have an obligation to complete the dungeon to the best of your ability. This is what you agreed to do when you clicked that button.

If you leave for the slightest little slip-up, how's anyone going to improve?

It's a different situation if you're experiencing, for instance, 7+ wipes on the same boss because the DPS can't figure out to kill the purple add after you've politely told them what to do. That's understandable.
    There is NO RULE written or not that enforces you to AT ANY TIME to put up with 1-4 other players so that the dungeon can be completed. You're saying as if I were to drop whatever real life issues may happen around me or any player that participates in the dungeon and solely focus on the dungeon at hand no matter if it is entertaining for me or not.

The principle of the game is to entertain you. The reason of play is to be entertained. There is no contract made between you and the dungeon tool that specifies in any way that you are obligated to finish the instance once started.

You can, at any time and regardless of who you are to leave the group if they are offensive, untrained monkeys, any real life issues that may come up and personal mood.

Every other topic there's at least one other person that imposes and considered right forcefully having others play regardless of their well being so that they can get that 1 gear they wanted or that handful of points.

We all know how LFD player quality is a rainbow of skill & social ability. We can all strive to be better in both departments and hope for the best, but not put up indefinitely or become slaves for those other players that we land in a party with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    There is NO RULE written or not that enforces you to AT ANY TIME to put up with 1-4 other players so that the dungeon can be completed. You're saying as if I were to drop whatever real life issues may happen around me or any player that participates in the dungeon and solely focus on the dungeon at hand no matter if it is entertaining for me or not.

The principle of the game is to entertain you. The reason of play is to be entertained. There is no contract made between you and the dungeon tool that specifies in any way that you are obligated to finish the instance once started.

You can, at any time and regardless of who you are to leave the group if they are offensive, untrained monkeys, any real life issues that may come up and personal mood.

Every other topic there's at least one other person that imposes and considered right forcefully having others play regardless of their well being so that they can get that 1 gear they wanted or that handful of points.

We all know how LFD player quality is a rainbow of skill & social ability. We can all strive to be better in both departments and hope for the best, but not put up indefinitely or become slaves for those other players that we land in a party with.
    In addition to agreeing on your post, I must say I love your name, and I hope you have used the same reference as I have.