Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

why you cant "quit" wow

ive been an on and off wow'er for almost 5 years, currently on my longest break away from the game....about a year. as most typical wowers can admit to, ive also taken many breaks throughout my career, but have always returned. i am getting that urge back where i just wanna play. to me, its a pretty simple reason:
    WoW just *^%$ing owns. its unreal. best.game.out.there
    i dont think ive ever been addicted to anything...ever...until i played wow. as stupid and dumb (in our minds) as blizzard is....boy do they know how to make a game. wow is by far, no close second, the best video game ive ever played. when you try to quit and find other "fillers" for your time, its just hard...because those fillers just arent as fun. how do you replace one which has no replacement???
    i dont even really know the purpose to this post, i guess its more of a hats off to blizz. wow is just one of the more entertaining things i can think of to do to kill some time, relax after a tough day, etc.
    if you find yourself unable to get away...dont be afraid...your not the only one who cant rid their selves of what is one of the most time-consuming, entertaining games there ever was

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Because I'm living in Midwest and theres nothing to do in here. Its basically a shizhole.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jwoww View Post
    Why? Because I'm living in Midwest and theres nothing to do in here. Its basically a shizhole.......
    This.

And if I did leave, my girlfriend would shove Rift on me. I do not want to suffer that fate. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's entirely possible to quit WoW... Unfortunately, the way to do it is to die.

But yeah, in places where there is nothing to do (like where I live), there is always WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    brb my lama is eating a kangaroo while my horse is watching it eating my popcorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Things try to kill you on every content, Australia's things are just better at doing so. x3

brew of the year. 6 more to drink ...
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    my title keeps me from quitting, and grinding some archaeology when I'm really bored

I mean all the games I own and movies I've seen, I haven't "quit" them, I still go back sometimes and watch an old movie like Back to the Future (seen it many times) or play old games like Half Life 2, Counter Strike 1.6, Guild Wars, so forth. I don't think you ever quit truly, you just don't play some things as much as others.

That also is how it is with WoW, I play it now but soon I'll probably go on a break again to do other things.

atm i currently am in love with Rift. its got a great game going there and it can only get better since its brand new and learning. im using it atm as a filler for when im not raiding in WoW which at this point in the expansion is the only fun im having after ive done my pvp on the weekend to build the rating and get my points for the week. for one thing i dont need much gold guild pays for it all so proffessions dont take up too much of my time. just enought to make my flasks and pots for the week and maybe some spare change but other than that i really dont feel the need to log in and fly around SW for an hour before my raids start. if i wasnt in a good raiding guild id be long gone from WoW.

---------- Post added 2011-02-28 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    This.

And if I did leave, my girlfriend would shove Rift on me. I do not want to suffer that fate. At all.
    bro try it its insane when u get in ur first rift world pve situation. ud shit ur pants on the epicness of seeing people u dont know join ur party at random and aid u in defending the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also am struggling against the power of Wow, really wanted to quit like 5 times longest break was 5 months but still im coming back 2.
    im prolly gonna try to quit soon , even if im shopping or eating im checking my mobile ah on my iphone.
    played for 5 years in total , but now i just feel a wow addict.
    Get in my Belly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know. I kind of wanna quit but my friends are still playing and that's only reason why i am still play.

Frankly , I do not want to quit because of my friendships that I made over the 6 years of playing .
    WoW is totally boring for me , Dailies -> Play the AH -> Randoms on 6 toons -> Raid -> sleep. Rinse and repeat every single day . but what pulls me back is my friend list , no joke.
    In Soviet Russia , Keyboard turns you !

█║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌ORIGINAL
    █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌DRUID. ©

Deleted
    the game from a stand alone perspective has little draw to me. It's the people I've met and forged relations with.

To me, it's a flowing instant messenger game.

The game itself has become less and less rewarding (for Oh Yes! moments). Was pretty stoked when LK normal went down, but felt nothing since then. (still doesn't compare to Rag/Nefarion 1st times).

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    bro try it its insane when u get in ur first rift world pve situation. ud shit ur pants on the epicness of seeing people u dont know join ur party at random and aid u in defending the world.
    Hmm I havent PLAYED it, but it sounds like every other MMO out there...not content-wise...but the player's reaction. Every time some one plays a new MMO, its awesome! Its new! Its fresh! Its amazing! And then something happens after a few months, weeks or even days....something HAPPENS. I'm not sure what it is....but it makes you want to just stop playing.... It could be that the difficulty gets too hard, it could be the fact that theres no point to level up and no rewards or unlockables at the highest level, it could be anything. Every single one has a glaring fault that never appears until later that makes u just realize... "this is pointless!" WoW though...something about it....seems to have a point. A goal. Something new and unlockable around every corner. I...I dunno. Rift will probably be fun for a long time, but I fear it'll follow the path of every MMO out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I'm currently in school for IT degree and got a GF of my own but living in South Dakota is not exactly a thrilled place to be. Am considering to move to Texas but as for now, WOW is something that I do to kill time. I'm not going to end up like my friend who FAPs like 5 times a day cus he got nothing to do.

Play WOW or Fap... tough choice......

Deleted
    I really don't get all these people that are having such a hard time quitting

I mean, you can just go play another game?
    Imo, quitting smoking is waaaayyy harder then quitting wow, with wow you can just cancel your sub, and remove it from your computer,
    and, imo it's pretty much OK to keep checking wow sites, they are like the methadon they give you at the addict centers

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a lot to do where I live for my age. Most of my friends live far enough away or else they go out often with other people who I dislike, so I then turn to WoW :3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't want my life to be over. /sarcasm.

I just really don't have anything else to do right now. And NO I'm not playing Rift. I played the beta and wasn't impressed.

I agree it's the people and the friends I've made that are most attractive to me.

However, the game is still very very fun for me.
    When I think about trees
    I hug myself

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In some way I'd like to quit, but none of my friends really play a game regularly, and I'd miss my ingame friends too much
    I seriously can't wait till D3 comes out!
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    Not a lot to do where I live for my age. Most of my friends live far enough away or else they go out often with other people who I dislike, so I then turn to WoW :3.
    AMEN!

Sadly none of my real life friends play wow.