Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd love to get a macbook, think I'd need to take out a mortgage to buy one though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Attowith View Post
    Is it only me who thinks they used a shitload of thermal paste?
    No, they commented on that - there was far more than there should've been.

There were actually multiple QA problems with their specific example. Doubtful all of them had problems like that; but it isn't exactly something you want to find when buying a $2000 laptop.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Attowith View Post
    There's an article about it on ifitxit.com where they opened it up and looked at all the parts.

Is it only me who thinks they used a shitload of thermal paste?
    I was about to comment on this. Normally I'd say if you have money to burn and are willing to put Windows on it, a MBP is a good choice for absolute build quality.

But after seeing this...
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/3/Z/282...l/heatsink.jpg

This isn't the build quality of a $2000 machine. This isn't even the build quality of a $1200 machine. My Toshiba A200-TH7 had better thermal paste application than this (before I replaced it with AS5)
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sample size = 1, and first batch. You can't judge the whole MBP line based on this observation. I agree that this one was pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I was about to comment on this. Normally I'd say if you have money to burn and are willing to put Windows on it, a MBP is a good choice for absolute build quality.

But after seeing this...
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/3/Z/282...l/heatsink.jpg

This isn't the build quality of a $2000 machine.
    Most people do not realize that the $2000 MacBookPro's come out from the same factory as $200 netbooks. There are only 3-4 manufacturing companies in the Asia that assembles 99% of all laptops with the components/designs shipped to them.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    Sample size = 1, and first batch. You can't judge the whole MBP line based on this observation. I agree that this one was pretty crappy.
    This is true, though quality tends to drop a little bit after first batch as mass production demand starts to kick in.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Most people do not realize that the $2000 MacBookPro's come out from the same factory as $200 netbooks. There are only 3-4 manufacturing companies in the Asia that assembles 99% of all laptops with the components/designs shipped to them.
    That doesn't mean anything. Just because it is the same factory, does not mean they use the same components, quality control and/or testing. You are saying that yourself as well; "components/designs shipped to them".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timelord View Post
    Mac ? and gaming ?
    Been playing WoW on Macintosh for 3 years now and I haven't had a single problem yet. Gaming on Mac is fine. As long as you play Blizzard games.

The Radeon 6490 is absolutely not for any type of heavy gaming. Mac Books are built for other things, you don't buy Apple if it's for gaming purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    That doesn't mean anything. Just because it is the same factory, does not mean they use the same components, quality control and/or testing. You are saying that yourself as well; "components/designs shipped to them".
    No, but it means that the build quality is just as good (or bad) between different brands of laptops really, and there being major differences is mostly a myth. There might've been some differences in the past before all manufacturing was moved to cheaper countries, those are cheaper for a reason after all.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.