Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you remember..

I played a mage in Vanilla / TBC, and have been looking at how the class has developed ever since.. This goes to old mages out there, a "Do you remember" thread!

I'll start off with a few..

Do you remember when frost was the DPS spec to use in MC?
    Do you remember when you had to spec into Improved Arcane Explosion to make it instant? And Evocation?
    Do you remember when Arcane Power / PoM / Pyroblast was cool?
    Do you remember when Sheep lasted 60/30/15 seconds in PvP?
    Do you remember when Blizzard made Improved Fireball/Frostball talents DECREASE the co-efficiency of the spells by 2/4/6/8/10%?
    Do you remember when Water Elemental destroyed people in patch 2.0?
    Do you remember when Ice Lance didn't break Frost Nova's after 1-3 hits, and could literally kill people in one nova?

More! I'm getting nostalgia fever.
    Hi

Double trinket pom pyro.

I remember all of that.

Wand specialization ALL THE WAY.

Detect Magic, Dampen Magic and Amplify Magic. They should bring the last 2 back in to somehow make Arcane more interesting.

Oh and how Amplify Magic was only used for that one fight in ZG (panther i think) where all damage was melee, and Dampen was never used ever.

Also elemental-immune mobs made it hard to farm in Elemental Plateau so you'd have to spec Arcane to farm effectively.
    Last edited by Focusmagic; 2011-03-01 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Focusmagic View Post
    Oh and how Amplify Magic was only used for that one fight in ZG (panther i think) where all damage was melee, and Dampen was never used ever.
    Dampen was used several other places. Remember having mages buffing it on Sharraz in MC; in BWL on one of the drakes...

Oh, remember when Mages was the most used magic-class? :> ... 40man raids and two warlocks... vs. 8 mages at least.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Deleted
    Do you remember back in tbc that warriors used 2 1hands, oh wait, they're doing that in cata to. Doi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dampen was never used ever.
    Guess you never PvPed back then.

oh yeah, the hidden nerf in the improved fireball talent. That was so stupid. Specialy that it was not mentioned anywhere ingame !
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Detect Magic, Dampen Magic and Amplify Magic. They should bring the last 2 back in to somehow make Arcane more interesting.

Also elemental-immune mobs made it hard to farm in Elemental Plateau so you'd have to spec Arcane to farm effectively.
    Saurfang, ICC, amplify magic on raid. It's all physical damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember not getting any decent tanking shoulders apart the ones from Sethekk Halls heroic (I farmed the other options weekly -.-) and getting a new weapon upgrade.... Just to find out I had 0 weapon skill :P

Deleted
    not really related with mages,but i do remember doing nothing else then buffing ppl on raid bosses as pala in vanilla and ofc the fun judge+auto attack as dps.

Quote Originally Posted by graagh View Post
    Saurfang, ICC, amplify magic on raid. It's all physical damage.
    Pretty sure Dampen Magic was taken out of the game before Wrath (maybe at the start of wrath)

And to the above, I didn't raid in vanilla except ZG, and BC past gruul/mag also don't enjoy pvp

Pretty sure Dampen Magic was taken out of the game before Wrath (maybe at the start of wrath)

And to the above, I didn't raid in vanilla except ZG, and BC past gruul/mag also don't enjoy pvp
    It was taken out with 4.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you remember how awesome our BWL trinket was?
    BfA Beta Time

Do you remember having to get to an instance 15 min early to make water for 40 people?

Rolling ignites and dying 2 seconds later from a shit ton of overagrro

ah, the 3 minute pom pyro mage. nostalgia :[

Dispensing mage food to 40 people before we got tables! (actually before my time, but I've heard "fond" stories =p )

Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    Dispensing mage food to 40 people before we got tables! (actually before my time, but I've heard "fond" stories =p )
    Food and water were seperate as well lol

When you had to spec Ice Block