Deleted

Resto druid tier 11 legs

i have not really thought of this before, as im resto druid as ms and only os balance, but the tier 11 legs for balance druid, is actually BiS for resto druids O.o

im currently wearing a pair of legs from al'akir that i was lucky enough to get randomized with just the right stats, but other then that the leather legs are pretty crap. However the balance tier 11 legs, actually have spirit on them for some stupid reason, and haste, which makes them pretty awesome for restodruid and pretty fail for balance druids.

it seems this is not the only class that this have happened for in cata.. the t11 chest for holy priest is aperently really awesome for spriest from what i hear etc.

so did blizzard just create the stats on the t11 sets when they were hungover, or are they just messing with us?

haste and spirit (aka hit) are far from crap for balance druids.

as far as resto goes, our haste caps are very easy to reach through reforging and raid buffs so haste quickly loses it's potency after a breakpoint. that being said mastery/crit becomes a much more desirable stat for us once we get the WG breakpoint. So in a short sighted sense, the balance legs might be BIS, but in the long run the haste/spirit on them does not warrant the BIS classification IMO.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the moonkin legs are nowhere near BiS for resto. 4p chest os is generally considered best with some light variations on that, but the variations are generally shoulders

The legs really are not that bad - and as was said, reforging makes even the slightly less desirable gear very viable. I personally am sitting on 2042 in Haste right now - and still have to acquire my Tier Helm (which is massive Haste Upgrade), along with a Cloak (more haste again), at which point, the Tier legs stats really won't be that major of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch109 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the moonkin legs are nowhere near BiS for resto. 4p chest os is generally considered best with some light variations on that, but the variations are generally shoulders
    This

The legs are perfectly itemized for resto IF you aren't at cap. But, you can easily get haste cap without them. In the end, 4p with the chest OS give us our best overall stats.

i'm guessing you dont pay much attention to how a boomkin works.......spirit translates to hit, we need 17% of everyones favorite stat, hit. there is no such thing as leather gear with actual hit rating on it. Inso facto, tier 11 balance legs = the tits.

OH and BTW, after hit, HASTE is our next best secondary stat by far.

Hit>int>haste>mastery~crit

Deleted
    ofc i know monkins get hit from spirit, but its still somethign that you have to spec for. what if u dont have that talet?

as for restodruid haste cap, i find it rather hard to hit 2k, im at 1824 atm, and with the limited ammount of leather with haste, i would really choose to buy balance t11 legs before resto t11.

anyway my point wast to start a discussion about optimizing hps/dps, but the fact that blizzard put spirit on balance t11 legs and spriest t11 legs.
    i mean you still have to spec a certain talet in order to make the legs even viable. that does not seem right to me

it's pretty known that you will always take spirit to hit talent. it gives you increased nature/arcane dmg by 2% total i believe, and converts spirit to hit. If you aren't taking that as a boomkin something is really wrong. They are perfectly itemized for balance, and can also be utilized for resto.. but you'll be gimping your stats by a margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are raiding and don't have the talent you probably wont get hit cap even with full raid BiS gear. So, it doesn't really matter. Also as said, you can get haste in plenty of other places. When fully looking at all resto druid BiS 4piece with chest OS gives the best stat set up by far.

And as said, yes, you may be having a hard time getting to haste cap but that's because you are undergeared. Which is why the tier boom legs may be good to get to that cap, but will be replaced rather quickly when you get your 4 piece resto. So no point.

While hitting that 2k haste break point is ideal, it by no means is so massively important, that not having it is going to gimp you. I spent plenty of time in that 1800ish range until I got a couple of major haste upgrades - and never once did I see my healing suffer for it.