Deleted

[Warcraft III] Footmen Reloaded v0.95 Open Beta

Greetings!

Figured out MMO-Champ definitely has more Warcraft gamers than the current mapping sites where I have already published this thread.

Anyway this right here is a remake-from-scratch-map of popular game Footmen Frenzy. Basically it takes the best features, fixes the bugs and imbalances, and brings its own twist.

Since it is still in Beta state, I don't want to spoil too much gameplay, also I'm saving the last never-seen feature for the Release, I shall only name couple of things you will find here.

For those of you who have never played Footmen-themed map - it works like that:

You have a base. Base spawns footmen each X (varies from 8 to 12 in different games) seconds. If you upgrade the base, it's now Riflemen/Grunt/Ghoul/Archer, and so on and so on maximum 5 upgrades for each race. If someone kills your base, you lose. So base is the one of the two main elements in the game. The second one is your hero. You play, you level, you kill stuff or you get killed and revived. As for game modes, you are indirectly choosing either to upgrade your base, resulting in stronger units, or you're buying items for hero, resulting in stronger hero. And Footmen Reloaded will also bring third mode which is similar to classic melee-map gameplay where you can build your own army.

And now, couple of features you shall find in this particular map:

It's 2v2v2v2v2v2 themed, as opposite to 3v3v3v3 classic, which brings extended gameplay. If someone actively played v5.4 lately, may have noticed that it's always one team who managed to buy scroll ward and shitloads of creeps has already won the game, resulting in other players leaving, and game lasting 20 minutes.

Computers have AI, play, upgrade, and may kick your ass. Thats right, if computer has been set from the start, he will become your potential sidekick, or scary enemy. Left players also are transfered to Computers, meaning even more extended gameplay.

You are able to build your own Custom Hero - Brand new feature which allows you to select the skin for your hero and the spell you want him to have. Includes complete random version too. This system also prevents imbalances by allowing only one spell-type per hero. For example if you chose Death Coil you can't have Storm Bolt too.

Rest of the additions may be found in-game, if you got hooked enough.
    I also host these games on random evenings in every Bnet realm, so you might want to add Computer(Idiot) to your /flist
    So if you have nothing to do in-between raids in WoW like me, this is a perfect time dump and a reason to blow the dust of your Wc3 and get rocking!

The map may be downloaded at: www.epicwar.com/maps/163959/
    (keep in mind this is still Beta, so if you encounter any bugs please post)

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 06:06 PM ----------

On a sidenote, hosting the game right now, in case someone wants to come along
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-03-01 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    good review man.

Deleted
    Thanks. Deploying a version with rest of spell-shops filled.
    Last edited by mmocb045014f16; 2011-03-02 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Over 175 downloads and no feedback? ;(

Deleted
    Will mods be vey angry if I bump this again? I'll give cookie?