Mining/JC Question

Is it more valuable to prospect your own elementium/obsidian/ores as jc than to sell the raw ores?

Or possibly prospecting half and selling half?

Deleted
    prospect it, make the greenies into rings/necks and fist weapons and DE them for max profit (thats what I do at least)

Considering you make tons of gold buying ore from other people to prospect kinda says it all. Just prospect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    prospect it, make the greenies into rings/necks and fist weapons and DE them for max profit (thats what I do at least)

Does disenchanting the items you craft make more money then just vendoring them? I can't decide if I want to take up Enchanting or not alongside JC..

Quote Originally Posted by Arokh View Post
    Does disenchanting the items you craft make more money then just vendoring them? I can't decide if I want to take up Enchanting or not alongside JC..
    Depends on the server.
    On Stormscale(EU) hordeside the only item worth crafting for DE is Carnelian Spikes, Carnelian you can get for roughly 15g each, so each craft costs around 48g with the Jeweler's Setting and they often DE into 3x Greaters which go for ~30g each.
    Other than that you really only have 2 craftables which is the Alicite Pendant which is worthless to craft and DE, better to just cut gems with them and vendor and the Jasper Ring where it's better to sell uncut jaspers for the daily jc quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Depends on the server.
    On Stormscale(EU) hordeside the only item worth crafting for DE is Carnelian Spikes, Carnelian you can get for roughly 15g each, so each craft costs around 48g with the Jeweler's Setting and they often DE into 3x Greaters which go for ~30g each.
    Other than that you really only have 2 craftables which is the Alicite Pendant which is worthless to craft and DE, better to just cut gems with them and vendor and the Jasper Ring where it's better to sell uncut jaspers for the daily jc quest.
    I agree, except that I do make hessonite/jasper/nightstone items still when I have excess. I tend to buy/prospect so much ore that its pretty much impossible for me to sell enough on the daily days to get rid of them all. Crafting/deing is barely profitable, however when you add in selling the blue item procs, its much more profitable. On my server, most of the blue rings go for ~100-200g, which makes it worth doing when you have more than you can sell at a decent price imo. Jasper especially, since jasper rings only take 1 jasper to make, vs 2 for any of the other crafts. I dont do alicite though, bc it takes 2 and it makes a 285 item (like jasper, but jasper only takes 1) and for whatever reason the blue items seem to sell very slow. They still sell high, but it takes a long time to sell. So I generally just cut/vendor alicite.