Computer Problems

I'm running on an older HP (bout one year old)

It's using an integrated graphics card and intel core 2 duo processor, i'm getting an average of 7 fps in game. I'll post more details about the hardware once i get home if necessary.

I have no clue what to do, i've checked up on this site and it's tips and none of them help. The 7 fps is during raids, and it never peaks above 15. All the graphics are down, combat log is turned off, no addons are on, i even have game booster on to stop unwanted applications, with it plugged in, and to a wired internet that's got a 100mb download rate. Raiding and even heroics are painful right now.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-03-01 at 10:56 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last time i had anything like that happen to me it was an outdated graphics driver/failed graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    Last time i had anything like that happen to me it was an outdated graphics driver/failed graphics card
    It's on a laptop so i don't see it really possible for me to replace my graphics card for any reasonable price. It's never been that amazing like i can't remember a time it's ever hit over 30 fps. I'm justwondering if there are ways i can change this.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I'm running on an older HP (bout one year old)

It's using an integrated graphics card and intel core 2 duo processor, i'm getting an average of 7 fps in game. I'll post more details about the hardware once i get home if necessary.

I have no clue what to do, i've checked up on this site and it's tips and none of them help. The 7 fps is during raids, and it never peaks above 15. All the graphics are down, combat log is turned off, no addons are on, i even have game booster on to stop unwanted applications, with it plugged in, and to a wired internet that's got a 100mb download rate. Raiding and even heroics are painful right now.
    Dx! Well.. First off, Do what I did.. Find your Local Computer Tech Guy, ask them what kind of Graphics card it can handle, Have them Order it.. And have them install it in when they get the Card. This will get you up to at-least 30 FPS on Good Settings. On-board Graphic cards are complete JUNK!!! You can possibly ask them to see if they can upgrade the CPU.. All in all, it should cost around less than 100 for a Graphics card.. + a CPU, I'd think around 140.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a laptop, it can't handle any graphics card that isn't built in already.

Xile, You're SOL without buying a new computer. You really can't do anything to make your laptop run WoW better than it already is without playing WoW in windowed mode on the smallest resolution (or whatever resolution yields playable FPS)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right