Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For gaming and no other intensive tasks you can get by with 4GB memory.

Quote Originally Posted by iSythe View Post
    Ahh, what? Have you seen the performance boost on sandy bridge chip set in comparison to the first gen? Up to 35% performance boost on most tasks, not to mention the i5 2500K is running at the same performance as the old gen $1000 chip. How is that comparable for THE SAME PRICE? Not to mention the 1156 board will mean you won't be able to upgrade CPU's on that board.
    Yes it may be viable for gaming, but its really well and truly not worth it, when your not paying any extra for the new gen chip set (especially as if you have read up on it, you would know even the new i3 2100 is up as one of THE BEST CPU's for gaming).
    I'm sorry, but next time you post, have some prior knowledge on what your talking about. Your wishywashy, "it should be fine" is not going to help someone who is asking for it.
    I know plenty about the new chipsets and CPUs, and I agree they are significantly faster. However, jumping down someone's throat and calling them stupid is not the way to go about things. The truth of the matter is, while they are significantly faster and better performing, the last generation of CPUs and chipsets are still perfectly fine for gaming. People on this forum have a freakin' hard-on for not accepting facts as they are and skewing them to reflect their own personal opinion.

The truth is, it WILL be fine. Are they getting the best value for their money? Probably not, but it will still be fine for years to come. Why is this so hard to understand?

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say years to come...It will be fine for a year or two, but then the effects of buying obsolete hardware will start to show
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I wouldn't say years to come...It will be fine for a year or two, but then the effects of buying obsolete hardware will start to show
    I'd actually say ~3 years, maybe four... my Athlon X2 4600+ lasted friggin five years until I finally could barely run Dragon Age on High settings >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    I'd actually say ~3 years, maybe four... my Athlon X2 4600+ lasted friggin five years until I finally could barely run Dragon Age on High settings >.<
    Of course it could, but it all depends on the individual. Some people like to play on insanely high resolution and maxed out settings with 50+ fps. Others are willing to adapt.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely