Thread: legendaries

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

legendaries

so ive herd rumers about there being a caster legendary?wheres the love for hunters and tanks there hasnt been a legendary for tanks since thunderfury (unluess you count shadowmourne for dk but i dont) and there hasnt been a hunter legendary since sunwell in bc witch us at the end of bc no one was relly able to get it

10+ Year Old Account
    There hasn't been a caster legendary in... Ever.
    But here's what's been datamined so far.
    Last edited by Kaga; 2011-03-02 at 06:21 AM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

DPS Caster's havent had one since Vanilla and Ateish, and Druids / Shamans havent had one since Vanilla with Sulfuras. Hunter's have had one recently and fine, and tanks, while I agree, would be hard to get a good legendary for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaga View Post
    you might want to look at wowhead in the legendary section, you might be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaga View Post
    Atieshh and Valanyr were both caster weapons.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Atieshh and Valanyr were both caster weapons.
    No, Val'anyr was healer only

10+ Year Old Account
    their hasn't been a dps caster weapon since vanilla...get in line you had yours in tbc (;

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    And even if you gave it to a caster dps, who could use it?

Shamans and priests, that's who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloth View Post
    so ive herd rumers about there being a caster legendary?wheres the love for hunters and tanks there hasnt been a legendary for tanks since thunderfury (unluess you count shadowmourne for dk but i dont) and there hasnt been a hunter legendary since sunwell in bc witch us at the end of bc no one was relly able to get it
    It's not a rumor. It's a Staff.

Shadowmourne and Warglaive were both best in slot for DK and Warrior Tanks respectively at the time. So they definitely count.

Regardless of how difficult the bow was for the general public to obtain, it was still available. Legendaries aren't supposed to be handed out to every class that's able to use it. Also, they can't just make a legendary for a class because it feels it got jipped (i have news for you, hunters are JUST FINE) without a legendary every expansion.

Caster DPS are due for one, they've only had Ateish which was the hardest one to obtain, plus it was only viable for a short amount of time. They deserve it first more than anyone else. Melee have had tons, over half of them have been for melee. Tanks minus DKs (as well as us hunters, feral dps, and enhance shamans) are due for one, but its honestly pretty hard to do them now for more than a couple classes, and they really can't make anything for enhance unless it shares one with a rogue and they've had more than enough love so far. So, the next legendary, likely in Deathwing's tier, by my guess we'll either be a one handed tanking sword for Pallys and Warriors or an Agil polearm for ferals and hunters. The only problem I foresee is that there may be 10 mans that don't even have anyone that can use the legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Caster refers to one that casts spells. Which includes healers. Had the OP specified caster DPS then you would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfManC View Post
    their hasn't been a dps caster weapon since vanilla...get in line you had yours in tbc (;
    To be fair, very few people had access to that particular fight at the time and it was out for a short length of time before Wrath.

But I agree, casters should get theirs next. Theirs isn't even available anymore for people to go back and get.

I hope hunters will be getting something eventually though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I maybe shouldn't have been so specific... I was exaggerating, point is, casters haven't had a legendary in a long time.
    And no Val'Anyr doesn't count, it's a healer item.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I didn't know DKs were around in BC.

And that warriors used a two-hander to tank.
    He said "respectively," which means Shadowmourne ---> DK and Warglaives ----> Warriors.
    Gotta look for qualifying words.

On Topic: I would have been very mad had a DPS gone for Valanyr when it was still hot shit. Very. Very. Very mad. That was a healer's weapon, not a DPS caster's.
    I agree though that they should make a tanking legendary. The fact that legendarys can't scale makes them eventually become obsolete, which is very depressing. I understand why they don't do it though.

I would like if they put in several legendary weapons per expansion. I'm mean as long as they're hard enough to get, I think it'd make the game much more interesting. It'd be like vanilla where a level 60 with full epics was "legendary". Now full epics has no meaning so the next coolest/rarest thing are legendaries. And when there's only one or two per expansion and only a few classes/specs can use them, that basically leaves only rare mounts and cool achievement titles for the "legendary" factor of WoW that so many people miss from vanilla and even that isn't nearly as cool as a legendary weapon. Blizzard please add a few extra legendaries!!

You should probably look up the word 'respectively'. It might help.

Shadowmourne AND warglaive, Dk AND warrior. Respectively.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    He said "respectively," which means Shadowmourne ---> DK and Warglaives ----> Warriors.
    Gotta look for qualifying words.
    Reading is hard

hunters have had a legendary recently?