Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.
    from personal experience or others?
    all in all.
    awesomely disappointing.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip states "non-periodic Fire spells", so yes it's been applied (and watching Living Bomb crit without Ignite proccing is further proof to the point).
    Sat at dummies, did ZG, doing ZA today.
    Indeed it is.
    BfA Beta Time

Based on the post about ignite munching I believe their main purpose was to prevent small ignites from overriding large ignites, and then they would observe and increase dps elsewhere if necessary, which it appears to be. Swizzle, are Flame Orb crits proccing ignite? My sim results made it look like there were still a fair amount of small ignites that could be potentially removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flame Orb still procs Ignite, which is why I wait until I have Combustion rolling on a target to cast it.
    BfA Beta Time

Flame Orb still procs Ignite<snip>
    Ah that makes me a sad Panda. I honestly thought they would have changed that. Guess we still get to defer its use.

Not to mention that they didn't slow the casting speed of pyroblast so a fireball followed by a instant pyroblast will still munch if they both crit...: (

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryssa View Post
    Ah that makes me a sad Panda. I honestly thought they would have changed that. Guess we still get to defer its use.
    They need to redesign the spell, imo. When it was first announced, I envisioned the version from Blood Prince Council in ICC making it into the game, never guessed they would go with the lolOld Kingdom version. The spells only saving grace is that it has a healthy spellpower coefficient, but the problem is it's divided heavily into the individual ticks without counting as a DoT so it gains zero benefit from Mastery.

Hell, I'd be happy if they increased its speed, made it lock onto our current target, and follow them while shooting out awesome-sauce beams of fiery death. Sick and tired of it bugging out randomly, standing in place, doing nothing, then going boom in my face doing zero damage.
    BfA Beta Time

They need to redesign the spell, imo. When it was first announced, I envisioned the version from Blood Prince Council in ICC making it into the game, never guessed they would go with the lolOld Kingdom version. The spells only saving grace is that it has a healthy spellpower coefficient, but the problem is it's divided heavily into the individual ticks without counting as a DoT so it gains zero benefit from Mastery.

Hell, I'd be happy if they increased its speed, made it lock onto our current target, and follow them while shooting out awesome-sauce beams of fiery death. Sick and tired of it bugging out randomly, standing in place, doing nothing, then going boom in my face doing zero damage.
    i rage so much when i get a pro lusted combustion off in execute range, then cast flame orb, only to watch it bug out on some imaginary ledge and blow up uselessly.

Well, hopefully they will be able to buff fire dps on the PTR while making it less RNG. That would make me a happy panda.

Deleted

couldnt of said it better myself