Do anyone else feel that people jump to quick to assumptions?

Hello!
    I just made a topic which I called "More specs?"
    This was a bad name, I realised that after I posted, I added a question if it was possible to change thread name, or maybe just if a mod would be able to do, didnt hear anything about it.
    However, what happend was that people assumed I asked about a tri-spec, when in reality, I were not.

People all told me stuff that was totally off-topic due to assuming I asked about it, and didnt even read the post, I felt this really anoyed me.
    Do any1 else feel that if they write more than a few lines, people dont read what u write and just start writing instead of reading first and post being completely clueless.

Here is the thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/861500-More-specs/

Ofcoarse people jump too quick to assumptions. They can't be bothered to read. Thinking like that will get you into trouble.

What are thosse kind off people actually doing on a forum? =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Do anyone else feel that people jump to quick to assumptions?
    Yes, and it's understandable when you see 10x Threads daily about how we should get Tri/Quad/Quintspec

i blame "boring" writers for this. I remember having to read books / articles where the writers just didn't get to their point. Several pages of description of how a cloud or a door looks like. Stuff like this made me skip most of the text i usually read.

People say/write so much inimportant, unneccessary, uninteresting stuff.

Get people to only speak/write what is relevant, maybe we can change the world and make it a better place =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    What are thosse kind off people actually doing on a forum? =/
    Isn't it obvious - they trolling :P

But seriously, add TL, DR note at the end of post longer then 4 sentences.

Welcome to XXI century, where people pretend to be illiterate because of laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    i blame "boring" writers for this. I remember having to read books / articles where the writers just didn't get to their point. Several pages of description of how a cloud or a door looks like. Stuff like this made me skip most of the text i usually read.

People say/write so much inimportant, unneccessary, uninteresting stuff.

Get people to only speak/write what is relevant, maybe we can change the world and make it a better place =)
    I do understand your point.
    Maybe I should start adding a TL;DR, but I do feel that mostly what I write do got a point, the reason I chosse not to.
    However, maybe with a TL;DR, people would be willing to go back and read if it fell in interest, and leave if it didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    I do understand your point.
    Maybe I should start adding a TL;DR, but I do feel that mostly what I write do got a point, the reason I chosse not to.
    However, maybe with a TL;DR, people would be willing to go back and read if it fell in interest, and leave if it didnt.
    can't harm i think. Write your opinion and your way of arguing in short sentences.

"I think this and that because the way i see it x is the cause of y"
    - for further details see above.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is, welcome to the lazy society that is the internet. Hell, people can't even go into a drive-thru and read a menu board anymore without asking "do you have X" and "how much does Y cost".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    All I can say is, welcome to the lazy society that is the internet. Hell, people can't even go into a drive-thru and read a menu board anymore without asking "do you have X" and "how much does Y cost".
    So true (chars)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and it's understandable when you see 10x Threads daily about how we should get Tri/Quad/Quintspec +1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehtnalav View Post
    Welcome to XXI century, where people pretend to be illiterate because of laziness.
    Pretend? They are very convincing.

More specs? "l2p nub the game is easy enough already don't make it easier"

PvP balance changes? "OMG arena ruined the game, blizz should stop balancing around pvp. It's not that I suck at arena, I could get to 2400 easily if I tried, trust me guys"

Ideas for new abilities or spells? "Well I don't personally think it fits in with the feel of the class, even though it would make the game ten times more fun. So no, it isn't a good idea"

Game is too easy "stfu noob link LK25HM kill", obviously you need that in order to be qualified to speak on the difficulty of heroic 5 mans"

10+ Year Old Account
    Functional literacy is at an all time high. BUT
    Reading comprehension is at an all time low.