Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    If all this stuff makes live, Druids WILL be topping meters every fight.
    Yeah but it probably won't.
    It's still early PTR. Relaaaax. Besides, I'm expecting Tranquility to be nerfed...

Hopefully they will be able to have Holy Word: Sanctuary work the same way.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm happy with it <----resto druid (hehehe)

If this tranquility change goes into effect (3min cd), I expect the healing done to be at least halved. Because the crying of the other healing classes will be too much. And, I will admit, possibly justified. But I doubt this will go live as it stands now.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrucha View Post
    More like

Billy had 1 scoop and now has 2! I had 2 and didn't get a 3rd!
    Holy Pallies crying about healing? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because Restoration Druids are getting buffed does not mean that we need to be buffed.

Personally I think we priests are bad ass, but that's just me. Give them their buffs so they can "try" and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Just because Restoration Druids are getting buffed does not mean that we need to be buffed.

Personally I think we priests are bad ass, but that's just me. Give them their buffs so they can "try" and keep up.
    Except that the mirror spells are now ridiculously better. Divine hymn < Tranquility. Efflorescence < Sanctuary.
    I rarely used Sanctuary as it is because the mana cost is too high and the healing is too low.

It isn't going to be "try" to keep up. They will be topping. Our resto druid is VERY close to myself (holy/disc) and our holy pally. 7/13 Heroic 10man.

as long as i'm viable enough to raid healing and keep everyone alive, meters are the last thing on my mind, which apparently is not the case for everyone there.

if you think the current tranquility is going to stay the same with a 3m CD on live you've obviously just started playing this game. it will go live, it will be hideously overpowered, and then it will be nerfed to the ground until its a mediocre cooldown nobody asked for and nobody wants to use.

this is how blizzard works
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol how are you going to QQ about a huge buff for efflo? It takes 5 god damn talents points just to make it effective. And it helps out lack of AoE heals cause WG still just doesnt cut it. Druids should be on the top of the meters. We dont have a CD yet. Plus the mana costs of our spells are ridiculous. This buff is intended to fix our shit storm of a spell tree.

If you want to complain complain about Tranquility being buffed and the fact that they claim we are still getting a raid cd. I know this will be soo OP.. 5 man heroics will be a face roll for those that do them. I think this is a good little buffer to hold us over till we get a raid CD.

For everything complaining you have to remember druids bring hardly any buffs. No damg mig spells. Non of the fancy stuff. If you pay attention to "meters" and your druid is not on top you bad. Druids need to have to most thru put to make up for what they miss. Just because the others healers may not be on the top on the meters other healers buffs provided soo much more then just heals. Unless you start giving druids magical raid buffs they need to keep buffing our heals.... Its that simple.

Tranq will get nerfed after the raid CD is released. It would have it.

Deleted
    Haha, Druid buffs.

They should get one every now and then, to be fair.

Deleted
    so why put this on a raid then if you can also just let the tank stand in it and let him get all the heals :P?

If you want to complain about Effloresence being decent, how about Wild Growth being shit? A Discipline Priest's (or even Shadow!) unbuffed Prayer of Healing has more effect than Wild Growth's pathetic cooldown, let alone factoring in the glyph, Archangel (or Holy's Chakra, or Divine Aegis while we're at it), and Mending (Circle too! Holy again).

Holy Priests have no excuse to be bitching about Effloresence outshining Sanctuary, really. Doesn't matter if you think they're "mirror spells" or not, when they're intended to be a bigger part of a Druid's severely lacking multi-target toolkit than a Holy Priest's.

Realistically, if you want to complain about cooldowns going out, the one to be declaring as OP wouldn't be the new Tranquility, it'd be Spirit Link Totem, that is going to be ridiculous as hell.

Tranquility as a raid "saving" cooldown does zero mitigation. It's not Power Word: Barrier, Divine Guardian, Aura Mastery, or the new Spirit Link Totem. Hell, it doesn't have single target utility like Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit, or Hand of Sacrifice either.

Neither of these buffs change the fact that a) Druids don't have a reliable mitigation cooldown, single target or multi-target, b) Druids multi-target toolkit is piss poor as it is, c) a 3 minute tranq won't last long in its current strength, despite it not "fixing" either of these issues.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If you want to complain about Effloresence being decent, how about Wild Growth being shit? A Discipline Priest's (or even Shadow!) unbuffed Prayer of Healing has more effect than Wild Growth's pathetic cooldown, let alone factoring in the glyph, Archangel (or Holy's Chakra, or Divine Aegis while we're at it), and Mending (Circle too! Holy again).

Holy Priests have no excuse to be bitching about Effloresence outshining Sanctuary, really. Doesn't matter if you think they're "mirror spells" or not, when they're intended to be a bigger part of a Druid's severely lacking multi-target toolkit than a Holy Priest's.

Realistically, if you want to complain about cooldowns going out, the one to be declaring as OP wouldn't be the new Tranquility, it'd be Spirit Link Totem, that is going to be ridiculous as hell.

Tranquility as a raid "saving" cooldown does zero mitigation. It's not Power Word: Barrier, Divine Guardian, Aura Mastery, or the new Spirit Link Totem. Hell, it doesn't have single target utility like Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit, or Hand of Sacrifice either.

Neither of these buffs change the fact that a) Druids don't have a reliable mitigation cooldown, single target or multi-target, b) Druids multi-target toolkit is piss poor as it is, c) a 3 minute tranq won't last long in its current strength, despite it not "fixing" either of these issues.
    I certainly agree with that you've said. Now it's just a button that I don't really ever press. Even when there are situations where it would be useful, I haven't even needed it anyway. I'd honestly be ecstatic if Blizzard got rid of Sanctuary and brought back Serenity...I really enjoyed that spell. At least following your logic, I feel it would fit better in our arsenal, especially since we don't really have such a need for another AOE heal.

Eh...I think it just comes down to me wanting to want to press a button. In terms of spell design, I feel like it's a reasonable thing to ask for.
    There is no gene for the human spirit. ~GATTACA

If blizz doesn't nerf the effective healing of the spell, they would probably dump it as a resto only spell to prevent exploiting it's OPness. Those are really blizz's only viable options. Which one they choose depends how much coffee they have that morning of that decision lol.

No ones even sure that efflor will be a buff for 25 man :x.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    If blizz doesn't nerf the effective healing of the spell, they would probably dump it as a resto only spell to prevent exploiting it's OPness. Those are really blizz's only viable options. Which one they choose depends how much coffee they have that morning of that decision lol.
    Except that the CD reduction is in a restoration only talent and thus, non-usable on "shorter CD" for Boom/feral. o_o;

That said, Divine Hymn isn't JUST a multi-target heal, and that's what gets me about QQ over it - it ALSO boosts the healing on targets. Meaning in a raid siutation... other healers can push up the health too, while the priest channels. Sure, it's not priest HPS or whatnot, but it's a benefit to the entire raid for people to live via working together. *boggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Khevis View Post
    That said, Divine Hymn isn't JUST a multi-target heal, and that's what gets me about QQ over it - it ALSO boosts the healing on targets. Meaning in a raid siutation... other healers can push up the health too, while the priest channels. Sure, it's not priest HPS or whatnot, but it's a benefit to the entire raid for people to live via working together. *boggle*
    In a 10 man situation, I'd point out that's not really that much of a beneficial factor, whereas 40% more healing output would be preferred (the Tranquility model). But, in a 25-man, this does make a significant difference, yes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Seeing as it is going to heal the lowest person in there, it is MUCH better then it used to be, and much better then its mirror spell Holy Word: Sanctuary. Holy Word: Sanctuary already had a hideous mana cost attached to it...
    Just because they're both AOE set and forget heals does NOT mean they are mirrored or even supposed to be somewhat similar. Get over yourself.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by avestren View Post
    I certainly agree with that you've said. Now it's just a button that I don't really ever press. Even when there are situations where it would be useful, I haven't even needed it anyway. I'd honestly be ecstatic if Blizzard got rid of Sanctuary and brought back Serenity...I really enjoyed that spell. At least following your logic, I feel it would fit better in our arsenal, especially since we don't really have such a need for another AOE heal.
    We still have Serenity. Do you mean Aspire? As part of Chakra-Renew, it was a terrible design. Giving another HoT in a tree designed for blanket HoT'ing anyways. It was pretty bleh, whereas Swiftmend in that same position works wonders.

Eh...I think it just comes down to me wanting to want to press a button. In terms of spell design, I feel like it's a reasonable thing to ask for.
    It is. The only reason it's not is if you're already running OoM. As long as you're not wearing more blues than epics, this really shouldn't be a problem (especially if you have a Shaman). I can agree with Zoros (at least, I think it was him?) that a slightly lower mana cost would be preferential.

He said 30%, I'm more conservative with 15%, but either way increasing its output, dropping its cooldown, or making it uber cheap would do all things to break us, and things broken on the OP side tend to be overnerfed pretty hard, pretty fast.

It already is a button worth pressing, simply because it ticks while you're doing other things (just like the Prayer glyph ticking on group2 while you're winding up on another set). On its own it won't stem the tide at all, but it being there contributes to keeping people up while you handle what needs to be done yourself.