Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The mobs shouldn't be living long enough to get much benefit from Corruption.

1 Lock should be responsible for Shadowfurying the worshipers, and should probably tunnel the boss so he can move to the worshipers as they worship. On the 3rd wave of blood mobs, have one warlock use his infernal. On the next phase of bloods, have the other lock use his infernal. Infernals make the blobs a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    1 Lock should be responsible for Shadowfurying the worshipers, and should probably tunnel the boss so he can move to the worshipers as they worship. On the 3rd wave of blood mobs, have one warlock use his infernal. On the next phase of bloods, have the other lock use his infernal. Infernals make the blobs a non issue.
    yea, respec demo.
    then do that.

Well you dont need them both to respec demo... going demo will ive tyhem good DPS on the adds but drop them for single target. They'll also lose shadowfury and potentially the glyph slot for shadowflames slow. Having all ranged swap to the oozes and keeping the higher single target is probably best.

a think my guild has realised and is doing.if u killed the 3rd add and its slim adds and there is like 40% or less hp left on cho'gal..our tanks just swap but keep the big add alive.hav interupts on it aswell.if he cast the blood thing that brings the small adds, just kill them like normal.what this does is u hav 15 slim instead of 20.makes life a bit easier. only do this if u hav good single target dps.and yes use only 2 healers

Quote Originally Posted by Elmokki View Post
    We are not ditching people nor are we even forcing them play alts since that is something normal modes shouldn't require. We're playing with a bunch of friends to somewhat casually progress in content that shouldn't absolutely require class stacking, not doing top progress.

If we one tanked it it'd be with me, the warrior, going dps. The question is, can you taunt Cho'gall during the cast of Fury so that you won't risk getting hit even once or do you have to run to max range and taunt and hope he stops to cast the Fury? It's a possibility to do it with one tank if soaking the fury isn't something that will fail easily.
    We had our other melee taunt from ranged to get fury, yes he has to be at range because chogall will run for a second or 2 before casting fury and yes sometimes it might hit the warrior if the maintank is not fast enough, hence why its a good idea to have the warrior make a sword and board macro just in case. You really should drop a healer as well, i understand that your a group of friends but sometimes killing a boss means a friend might have to sit for once and let someone in for the good of the whole raid, if you plan on doing 10man heroic boss's your gona have to understand this concept alot more. We killed it week 3 with 1 tank and 2 healers, its a more than viable strat and results in a fast and clean kill as long as no one is stupid and stands in shit.

as others have pointed out you can do some player dancing and swap for maximizing what ever you are needing in order to get the adds down.
    As a boomkin i have specced into fungal growth, it's a bit dodgy as the "slow" effect will miss a lot (i see miss spams on my screen... yes i am hit capped) so there's always the worth of having a knock back ready.
    We 1 tanked it and 3 healed it, we possibly could of 2 healed it but that's aside the point... something else we did in order to get the kill, we only killed 3 adds, which was only first mentioned a few posts up, but we killed 3 adds with no trouble on the adds then we just burnt through the 4th add. You have around 30 secs to get cho'gall from roughly 40% to 25% in this time, use hero if you must but if you're gonna be player dancing to get more dps you shouldn't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by holyman View Post
    a think my guild has realised and is doing.if u killed the 3rd add and its slim adds and there is like 40% or less hp left on cho'gal..our tanks just swap but keep the big add alive.hav interupts on it aswell.if he cast the blood thing that brings the small adds, just kill them like normal.what this does is u hav 15 slim instead of 20.makes life a bit easier. only do this if u hav good single target dps.and yes use only 2 healers
    If I remember correctly something really bad happens if an add is up when he casts Fester Blood. I'll go double check what it is.
    EDIT: Directly from tankspot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliena
    If an add is still up by the time Cho'gall casts Fester Blood - which happens 40 seconds after an Adherant spawns - the add will gain a Shadow AoE ability that will pretty much wipe your raid.
    Last edited by Afrosaurus; 2011-03-02 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we run with 2 hunters and at least one destro lock on normal and those adds usually dont stand a chance...but i would say with an ele thunderstorming back then a couple staggered shadowfurys and an earthbind should be more then enough so long as your other dps is on top of it all making sure they go down asap

---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    yea, respec demo.
    then do that.
    and on top of that thought of the infernal..using a fire elem totem isnt a bad idea for one of the waves as well

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

Quote Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    If I remember correctly something really bad happens if an add is up when he casts Fester Blood. I'll go double check what it is.
    EDIT: Directly from tankspot:
    I'm pretty sure that the buff that the add gets isn't a raid wide aoe thing, its just a aoe pulse in a relatively small range of it. One of the first couple 25m heroic videos clearly had the add being kited for the first fester blood to decrease the number of blood of the old gods that were spawned.

In any case, if you are getting to a 4th fester blood cast, that is a good indication that you likely don't have the DPS to down him even if you were able to handle that fourth set of adds.

I would have the locks use the succy for the fight. She has a knockback that can be used. So with the Shadowfury stun and their knockback you should be good.
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been 2 tanking and 3 healing it since december which was our 1st kill. With the raid setup you have there should be no trouble at all just tell your dps to stop sucking. my 1st kill consisted of a survival hunter a destruction warlock a moonkin and a shadowpriest and a rogue for dps none of us being decked out in gear either half the people were wearing greens still....so adds should be a non issue

Deleted
    Well It would be easier with a Hunter since they can slow the adds... I would prefer x1 hunter(slow) x2 destro locks(stun x 2)

Deleted
    It would obviously be easier with a tailored group configuration with the best possible aoe / control classes, but it just isn't something that is going to happen. If I had spare players with better classes for the fight I would definately swap some, but as of now any extra player means recruiting a random person and booting a friend over a random person for a normal mode boss is really something that should not happen. As I said, alts aren't really something I'd want to go for for a normal mode boss either as people have chosen a class they want to raid as their main, though the geared alts are holy priest for the warrior and hunter/enha shaman for the druid so it's rather limited that way too. Swapping specs is completely fine as long as people have gear for the other possible specs and most of the people do, but that means swapping from primary spec to secondary spec, not tailoring a spec just for the boss.

But yeah, it's not like everything is going absolutely terribly with this setup either. I would guess (and hope) that some people going in different specs will solve the issues we have. Also, single target dps is not a problem - all our 5 dps are pulling good numbers and both warrior's fury spec and druid's moonkin spec have rather good gear that allows competitive dps with the mainspec dps players.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaryaZaanu View Post
    I would have the locks use the succy for the fight. She has a knockback that can be used. So with the Shadowfury stun and their knockback you should be good.
    I have a level 85 warlock too, but I haven't really played with him much and I've never actually tried to knock anyone to a specific direction with succubus, but I'm under the impression that getting your succubus positioned perfectly to knock the adds to a specific direction is pretty hard. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-03-03 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they have the comp to do it, but if they are struggling with the adds have one of the locks go Demo. They really should have plenty of AoE to get them down, so maybe they just need to refine their approach and figure out how to best get the adds down fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kosong View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the buff that the add gets isn't a raid wide aoe thing, its just a aoe pulse in a relatively small range of it. One of the first couple 25m heroic videos clearly had the add being kited for the first fester blood to decrease the number of blood of the old gods that were spawned.

In any case, if you are getting to a 4th fester blood cast, that is a good indication that you likely don't have the DPS to down him even if you were able to handle that fourth set of adds.
    Heroic and Normal can definitely be different though (I don't know if that is true in this case). Plenty of guilds have killed him getting a 4th set of small adds - they may be weaker in the single target department or running 3 healers. If they avoid corruption before P2 and interrupt well on the tentacles then they'll be fine even if a little slower on the dps.

I haven't read all the post so not sure if it has been mentioned and my guild haven't gotten a try on Cho'Gall yet (going on him for the first time on Sunday) so dont know how the agro table work on the small adds, but I would guess it's normal since there's nothing in the tacs I've read about they fixating on you. Anyways, I see you have 2 pala's. Get them to glyph "glyph of salvation". It makes agro drop completely fro 10 seconds and it fucking rocks! We have a heavy melee comp with even 2 fury warriors so when we did Magmaw we made one warrior go arms and use Hand of Salvation on him. Now he can go ALL OUT in the middle of the parasites aslong as he has the salvation on him and dont agro anything. I will assume this will work on Cho'Gall's adds and that's what we are planning to do. Use it on your rogue or warlock so that they can go inside and use shadowfury without getting agro!

Does anyone know what abilities a frost mage can use on the slimes? Last week our mage was saying Ring of Frost does not work on the slimes. He's fully speccing the talent that gives his Blizzard a slow effect, but does anyone have any other suggestions?