Deleted

LF SpellSteal Addon

So ye im looking for a spellsteal addon,that lemme know when the target got magics that i can spellsteal and what magics on..

Mage Nuggets addon. It has a Spellsteal Monitor. It's awesome.

Face palming so hard right now

If you look at your target, its buffs will light up/are highlighted basically for buffs you can SS, no addon needed.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

If you look at your target, its buffs will light up/are highlighted basically for buffs you can SS, no addon needed.
    Face palming the face palm I guess!

Those of us not using the Blizz ui and with custom UI's don't all get the shiny light up to spell steal due to the unit frame mods not supporting the flash on spell steal able buffs. In cases like this (IE like myself using pitbull) A mod is needed to get the same benefit the standard users get however the overall benefit of having the unit frames how I have them set up far exceeds using blizz UI to see the spell steal buffs light up!

Maybe he isnt running with a stock UI?

But regardless, I use Satrina with a spell stealable filter.. cant remember it off the top of my head something like s=

Magenuggets is a pretty solid option.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Face palming the face palm I guess!

Those of us not using the Blizz ui and with custom UI's don't all get the shiny light up to spell steal due to the unit frame mods not supporting the flash on spell steal able buffs. In cases like this (IE like myself using pitbull) A mod is needed to get the same benefit the standard users get however the overall benefit of having the unit frames how I have them set up far exceeds using blizz UI to see the spell steal buffs light up!
    problem solved, don't use fail UI
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssa View Post
    Maybe he isnt running with a stock UI?

But regardless, I use Satrina with a spell stealable filter.. cant remember it off the top of my head something like s=
    I use Satrina Buff Frame in conjuction with Pitbull as well. I have a Satrina Frame set up for target, show buffs, whitelist (show only what i tell it). The filter is just "s" (means stealable).

Or perhaps if someone is asking for an addon to help them see when there are buffs available to Spellsteal, you can figure out that they are not using the standard UI, since if they were they wouldn't need an addon. And so then you could either post an addon that they can use, or ignore the post. If you took just a tiny amount more time, then your posts could have been helpful instead of completely useless.

I personally use Tukui and Quartz, both of which can be set up to show buffs on the target. Tukui is more of a full UI though, and Quartz is a castar, but both can be configured to show what you need.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-02 at 10:46 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but this > Blizz UI for the look, information, where the information is displayed, etc in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Sorry but this > Blizz UI for the look, information, where the information is displayed, etc in my opinion

This might be your opinion for your UI and that is fine my original statement though still stands, its like asking for an Addon to be able to move your character, blizzard's UI already allows you to move your character, so using a UI that prevented that is bad.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

This might be your opinion for your UI and that is fine my original statement though still stands, its like asking for an Addon to be able to move your character, blizzard's UI already allows you to move your character, so using a UI that prevented that is bad.
    I am still struggling to understand why you bothered posting in this thread at all. So far you have just told the person asking for an addon that he doesn't need the addon, then insulted his UI. And you haven't actually made any effort to answer his questions or help him at all.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Uh, not really. The default UI is pretty fail. Many raid guilds ask you to provide a SS of your UI, specifically to see if you're keybinding, and to make sure your UI shows necessary information in a reasonable format. Many guilds would deny an applicant who was using the default UI.

@ OP. Mage Nuggets is good. Also, you don't say which unit frames you're using, but many can be configured to show stealable buffs as big and shiny.
    Last edited by Garil; 2011-03-02 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    i use spellstealer, works a treat and never misses 1

I use MageNuggets in conjunction with a selfcoded addon called SpellStealHud (sorry, not publicly available, if someone needs) which starts doing a lot of NOISE as soon as my target or focus has a stealable buff (different sound for both) and only stops once it hasn't anymore. Additionally it displays casts/channels of my target/focus in big red text over the screen.

To the OP, Using PitBull4 and filtering the buff on target to show only the dispeleables by my class work pretty well.
    And i complete dislike MageNuggets, yeah it's useful, but its damm awful how it looks, the Tracking Bars, the LB tracker.... the only thing i find usefull is the Stat Monitor and the Cauterize Warning.
    Last edited by Azioth; 2011-03-03 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Not everyone likes the default UI or would prefer other options. I like Mage Nuggets spellsteal monitor because it writes out the name of the buff rather than just seeing an icon that I probably don't recognize light up. If its not a buff I've seen before I don't always know what it is but sometimes the name of the buff gives me an idea. But I guess not all of us know everything about the game like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Garil View Post
    Uh, not really. The default UI is pretty fail. Many raid guilds ask you to provide a SS of your UI, specifically to see if you're keybinding, and to make sure your UI shows necessary information in a reasonable format. Many guilds would deny an applicant who was using the default UI.

@ OP. Mage Nuggets is good. Also, you don't say which unit frames you're using, but many can be configured to show stealable buffs as big and shiny.
    What's wrong with the Default UI, I like it, and it has everything I need except recount.
    Gamdwelf the Mage