RAM timings - Need help!

I received my replacement RAM yesterday from Newegg since my original RAM that came with my build parts had a defective stick. This time I tested each stick with memtest86 to make sure they were without errors. I've been wanting to set the timings on them to optimize performance.

Mobo - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131660
    Memory - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145303

The mobo allows 1333mhz (1866 OC) and the RAM I bought is 1600 8-8-8-24. I'm wanting to under-clock it if possible to 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 timings being stable.

Thank you for any help in advanced.

Deleted
    Well 1600 to 1300 with such a small change in timings should be doable without much problems , if not prolly because of mobo not the ram.

It should be doable from what I've read. I just don't want to tweak something wrong and end up 'breaking' something.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 12:33 AM ----------

CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS

That's what I 'think' I change but I'm not certain.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 05:54 AM ----------

/waiting for a reply

just be careful and it should be fine.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ View Post
    CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS

That's what I 'think' I change but I'm not certain.
    Correct. 7-7-7-20 should be safe at DDR3-1333MHz speeds...the only question is why underclock? DDR3-1600MHz 8-8-8-24 being what's programmed into the SPD should be just fine.

Also another setting that might need to be changed is the Command Rate. 1T should be fine with modern AMD memory controllers, but 2T might grant you extra stability on borderline DRAM timings.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Correct. 7-7-7-20 should be safe at DDR3-1333MHz speeds...the only question is why underclock? DDR3-1600MHz 8-8-8-24 being what's programmed into the SPD should be just fine.

Also another setting that might need to be changed is the Command Rate. 1T should be fine with modern AMD memory controllers, but 2T might grant you extra stability on borderline DRAM timings.
    My mobo supports 1333mhz and 1866mhz(o.c.). I'd rather not overclock my ram and have issues or it burn out faster.

As for the command rate, it's currently at 1T and I don't know if 2T would change much.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 05:54 AM ----------

Side note:

CPU-Z
    Type DDR3
    Size 4096MBytes
    Channels # Dual
    DC Mode Unganged
    NB Frequency 2009.0MHz (changes a little but not by much just .1 or so)

DRAM Frequency 669.7MHz
    FSB: DRAM 3:10
    CAS# Latency (CL) 9.0 clocks
    RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
    RAS# Percentage (tRP) 9 clocks
    Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
    Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 34 clocks
    Command Rate (CR) 1T

Also I was wondering about where to place the memory on my mobo. In the user manual it said A1 and B1 were the far right slots. When I opened SPD in CPU-Z it showed it in slot #s 3 and 4. Would that affect performance in any way?

Edit: I noticed the voltage is 1.50 V and on the RAM label it said 1.65 V. Should I also 'tweak' that in the BIOS?
    Last edited by LolomgBBtheQ; 2011-03-05 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ View Post
    My mobo supports 1333mhz and 1866mhz(o.c.). I'd rather not overclock my ram and have issues or it burn out faster.

As for the command rate, it's currently at 1T and I don't know if 2T would change much.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 05:54 AM ----------

Side note:

CPU-Z

Also I was wondering about where to place the memory on my mobo. In the user manual it said A1 and B1 were the far right slots. When I opened SPD in CPU-Z it showed it in slot #s 3 and 4. Would that affect performance in any way?

Edit: I noticed the voltage is 1.50 V and on the RAM label it said 1.65 V. Should I also 'tweak' that in the BIOS?
    You'll only need to do that if running at the highest clocks