Normal Chimaeron Phase 3

Hi. My guild has killed Chimaeron already, but I have a question about Phase 3(The burn-down phase) since that is still a bit messy.
    What we do , is run around like chickens as far away from Chimaeron as you can. However, I read in a recent post that since his swingtimer is very very slow and his hitbox very huge, it's best to just stay hugged in one place and keep dpsing. Is that true or is there a better way to deal with P3?

I just evasion tanked him as a rogue.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Well if you time it right you can bounce between 2 persons

For example , MT pala in 1 corner of room OT random in other corner of room ,

1) When Chim is about to swing -> Bubble
    2) When Chim has almost reached second guy -> warriors intervene/ pala hand to lower his threat
    3) Hes goin back to target 1 , same intervene ,

So far bouncin him like this has helped us alot in 25m hc kill as well. 25 man bouncing between 2 targets is much easier due to class spread with threat lowering abilities.

Just to mention, we're a 10 man guild and we don't have any rogues or pala tanks : <

Deleted
    Yes, the best thing you can do is stack up. Make sure your tank are 1+2 on the threat table, with all their CDs bust, they will last a long time, especially with a good bit of RNG.

Watch your omen to see who is goign to be next on the threat list, and get them to turn the boss away from everyone else. Use any Cds you have to stay alive (e.g. dispersion, deterrence, shield wall) and then if possible, drop your threat so you can keep DPSing.
    The main advantage to this tactic is that you get the most burn time possible on the boss, as you dont have to run around chasing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xionor View Post
    Just to mention, we're a 10 man guild and we don't have any rogues or pala tanks : <
    Any threat lowering abilities helps

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1038#comments - hand of salvation by any paladin
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=3411 - intervene by warriors as mentione before

When chim goes for any of your mages -> mirror images as he chops em first
    Fade by priests , Iceblock my mages etc...

Obviously this tactic is very suited if your not too much melee heavy.

Timing the last feud and lust is more important. And if possible, let your healer taunt the boss before burn phase + immediatly CR the first dps who dies.

Deleted
    In 10heroic we do it like this: Tanks and 'half tank' stay top of aggro, mage builds as much aggro as possible, salvs from all 2-3 paladins to me (the moonkin) on cd every cd, i cower is required to be below the hunter, mage pops mirrors, hunter pops deterrence, etc.

So basically like this:

Tanks at the top
    Mages next with their mirrors
    Hunters next
    Your best dps'rs at the bottom in general.

Deleted
    Yep u should timeit correctly if u go in P2 . The group has to be full as its possible. The first tank should stay in the left side of the room and the other one on the right side. Keep cds and Pains up "up" that ur tanks life as long as possible and its not problem to beat him

as i mage myself mirror image is really good for tanking chimareon cause it takes soo long to kill them all.
    but if u pop your mirror before chimareon attacks you then you will have 0 threat and will be the last person to tank it so timing on mirror image is bit crucial