Chef's Hat for other Professions

Ok so tonight before raid I had to make pots for a lot of people in my guild because I'm pot specc'd alchemist. It's not a big deal, until you get 3-4 people asking you to make them 100+ pots each. 100 pots takes roughly 6 mins to make. These people always double pot, and are around every raid so they run out at almost the same time. I felt like I was playing my mage again in vanilla wow making water for dozens of people before each raid.

I don't really mind it much, it's why I chose pot spec, because it was the 1 spec not many people in my guild had and I was doing it to help people out. I like doing it for people, and although it may sound boring to some, having a pot crafting duel with another player can be somewhat exciting.

The chef's hat makes it so you cook foods at .5 seconds each. Very useful for those people who spent the time expanding their cookbook and cook foods for people before raid. Although it's not as useful these days with fish feasts, it still has it's uses for dedicated cooks.

So I had plenty of time to think about this while I was reaching my 20 minute mark of just making pots for people. Why isn't there a "Chef's Hat" equivalent for other professions? It wouldn't be all that complicated. So I tried to come up with a few ideas.

Alchemy - Inscription
    Mortar and Pestle - Allows you to mill herbs faster resulting in reduced crafting times for potions (and elixirs) and milling herbs.

Workbench
    Summons a workbench for 10 mins that allows you to craft alchemy and inscription items at a reduced rate.

I couldn't really think of anything for other professions, maybe an "Expert Crafting Hammer" or something for all the blacksmithing metals, or "Heat Resistant Gloves" that allow you to smelt faster. You could make these items either craftable, found through archaeology, or maybe some sort of questline that only lvl 85 max-level professions could do. Crafting items slowly just seems like an out of date mechanic that could use some sprucing up, and I see absolutely no negative effect on having these items.
    Last edited by M4d2m0A; 2011-03-03 at 04:49 PM.

tbh thats not a bad idea, most professions could use that kind of perk as it can take a tediously long time to grind out some pots/herbs/gems/bars/leathers some times

although i have to admit, i enjoy the little break i get when creating a ridiculous amount of crafting materials, gives me a chance to go for a bio, get a drink, have a smoke etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    The strange thing is that blizzard wants racials to do something at max lvl so they changed taurens racial to herb faster. Then how come that they don't change the racials with the crafting profession's to craft faster? Like goblins makes flasks faster then everyone else, draenei cut gems faster then everyone else and so on.

it would be nice....im running out of things to do while making netherweave bags

i need a thimble for my tailoring please. some of those things take forever to make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    it would be nice....im running out of things to do while making netherweave bags
    This. Maybe give a steam powered sewing machine for tailors to make things faster?

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be so damn awesome, some things takes forever!