Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    For N Magmaw you put BoH on the body before the head phase and then you put BoH on the head before the body phase. The BoH will still damage w/e you applied it to after the phases switch. I glanced at the logs quickly and it looked like he was doing that which would explain the huge discrepancy between his and yours. Also, it's been a while since I did this fight on normal, but you should be able to get close enough to shadowflame the shit out of the head if I remember correctly.

US TOP 10 - Recruiting - 13/13 25H - Information: Gentlemen's Club of Korgath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ammo187 View Post
    2) He only used felflame during procs while u used to to refresh duration on immolate.
    I don't have 4pc, so I don't pay attention to procs. Out of curiousity, how are you able to determine when I was using it to refresh immolate? This is an interesting thing I'd like to know. Or are you just making the assumption? I would basically cast it if I'm on the move.

3) He got more haste, giving him an additional tick on immolate
    According to EJ, he needs 2589 for an extra tick on immolate, and he's got under 2400. Am I missing something here? I know that the threshold for corruption is lower, but we both pass that threshold.
    2) I based myself on the numbers, like gherkin said. He had some pretty big damage from it while ur damage was pretty standard. I saw you only casted immolate 11 times while ur friend casted it 18 times. I can see that ur friend only used felflame during procs and never for just movement. U on the other hand casted it a lot so I assume u used it to refresh immolate ( while moving). I could be wrong but u used felflame a lot in comperisation to ur friend.
    It's alright to felflame but remember there r also other spells to cast while moving that are a lot more important then felflame.

3) Maybi he was using flasks or food? I based myself on the numbers of conflagrate. He did bigger conflagrate hits so I assumed he got more ticks then u. I know there can be a 1-2k difference because of spellpower but the gap between ur conflagrate and his conflagrate was larger then that so I'm 98% sure he somehow managed to reach the 2589 haste for the extra tick.

EDIT:
    Re: Fel flame -- I'm only really using it on the move between stack points. I wonder what he's doing when he's moving, if not casting Fel Flame?
    Bane of doom, conflagrate, corruption, shadowflame, shadowfury, felflame procs, shadowburn, soulfire procs, ...
    Pretty much anything thats better a normal felflame.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-03-04 at 05:20 PM.

It is basically many small things adding up. The big difference seems to be damage done on the head, where he does 50% more than you. Another fairly big difference is the amount of burning ember ticks. One possibility could be that you have your pet on passive, and you dont always remember to set it to attack again when the fight changes between body/head. Another big difference is BoH, and you also do more damage with your Bane of Doom, which leads me to believe you dont always get your Havoc up on head/body in time before the switches. Looks like you are losing around 500k damage on Havoc and pet (including Burning Embers), if you remove that difference, move a bit less, get equal gear and make sure you use your shadowflame and conflagrate as often as he does, you should be there.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ammo187 View Post
    I just got the Cho'Gall ring last night, so I need to fix my reforges, but otherwise, we're pretty much using the same gemming/reforging/enchanting appracoh.

Re: Bane of Havoc + spell power buff. Yeah, what you said makes sense. That was a good answer to that question.
    Re: 5% pet damage. Yeah, that probably helps as well.

My dps certainly isn't awful -- I'm in the 83rd percentile, while he's in the 107th percentile for rankings. While I know he's a better player than me, the uptime differences aren't that drastic enough for me to understand where the extra 7k dps is coming from.

If we were in equal gear and had equal uptimes, I wonder how much more dps an orc would be capable of doing over a blood elf?
    I don't mean to be annoying, but there is no such thing as a 107th percentile, percentiles only go up to 100.