Thread: Magmaw problem

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Magmaw problem

I am wondering if anyone else is encountering a problem with Magmaw during his om nom the tank phase. After he eats me (pally tank) and as he spits me out I get one shot. Last night I was at 85-90% and he one shots me as he spits me out and this happens every week. I figure it is a bug but I am wondering if this happens to anyone else or if there is anything that can be done to prevent it.

TIA.

You are doing something wrong because when he spits you out his head should be impaled, meaning you are not hit for 30 sec or some amount of time. If what you mean is that you die while in his mouth, the obvious answer is use more cd's, receive more healing. Maybe an armory link might help so we know how geared of a tank we are talking to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    You are doing something wrong because when he spits you out his head should be impaled, meaning you are not hit for 30 sec or some amount of time. If what you mean is that you die while in his mouth, the obvious answer is use more cd's, receive more healing. Maybe an armory link might help so we know how geared of a tank we are talking to.
    Key word "Should". If the DPS do not get the chains down, he won't get impaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    I am wondering if anyone else is encountering a problem with Magmaw during his om nom the tank phase. After he eats me (pally tank) and as he spits me out I get one shot. Last night I was at 85-90% and he one shots me as he spits me out and this happens every week. I figure it is a bug but I am wondering if this happens to anyone else or if there is anything that can be done to prevent it.

TIA.
    When he slumps forward, have all of your melee DPS click on him to ensure 2 people (in 25 man at least) get on his back. Wait for him to stand upright and have those DPS throw the chains. "3,2,1 go" countdown on vent helps. When he gets impaled on the spike he'll spit you out and you won't get hit.

When I die during mangle, it often appears he spits me out, then I die. Since you said 'as he spits me out,' I'm assuming this is what's happening to you. If your DPS folks are on the ball and getting those chains he spits you out immediately.

If the Mangle runs out and the Tank is in his mouth the Tank is a 1shot without taking dmg, so your group just fails at chaining him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lignar View Post
    When I die during mangle, it often appears he spits me out, then I die. Since you said 'as he spits me out,' I'm assuming this is what's happening to you. If your DPS folks are on the ball and getting those chains he spits you out immediately.
    I don't tank during raids. But, I do know that our tank never dies during mangle phases because we always get him impaled. Not only is easier on tanks/healers, but Magmaw takes increased damage while impaled.

You can use BoP to take no dmg in his mouth, and are you 1 or 2 tanking it? Cause you should be fine if ur 2 tank. Lets the mangle debuff fall off alot easier on healers but both ways are doable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slure View Post
    You can use BoP to take no dmg in his mouth, and are you 1 or 2 tanking it? Cause you should be fine if ur 2 tank. Lets the mangle debuff fall off alot easier on healers but both ways are doable.
    The isnta-death happens the second he spits me out and not while in his mouth and I will burn a CD as well as WoG as needed to keep myself topped off. We only use one tank (me) for the fight.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    Sorry for the no link. The forums won't let me post a link until I have an undisclosed number of posts under my belt. Tavine - Cenarion Circle - US if you want to look it up.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Key word "Should". If the DPS do not get the chains down, he won't get impaled.
    Maybe that is what the issue is. Would make perfect sense.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2011-03-03 at 07:11 PM.

That's odd, the problem is most likely he's not being chained fast enough so he's getting a hit or two on you. If your dps is good enough I'd suggest a second tank, hell just taunt when u get the mangle so there won't be any big dmg spikes other than that I dunno what else the problem could be.
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

As has been said, if Mangle lasts for 30 seconds you get 1 shot, no ifs or buts about it. Your chaining people just need to not suck at chaining.

Deleted
    assign 2 trustworthy dps to jump and only them jump... I found bugs where 3 ppl try to jump and 2 get kicked out and only 1 makes it. Then its impossible to chain and your tank will be killed for sure after 30 secs.

by assigning 2 specific dpsers we never had issues with ppl missing the jump again.

If Magmaw isnt chanined properly, he will mini-enrage and kill somebody and most likely spawn a flame pillar during the pin-down phase. Like the above poster said, assign two dps(pref melee) to handle the chains. They need to throw the chains w/in a few seconds of each other(this is your prob). There is no need to two tank this on ten man, totally unnecessary. Have your healers toss ya a couple baby heals during mangle, pop a lil cd and you'll be fine.

If you're dieing as soon as he spits you out, it could be that the damage you have taken while in the mouth kills you. This would make him spit you out on death, appearing as if you are dieing after the mangle.
    Do work or be good at it.

"The exception here is Gnomes. This is a major race that is completely silly. I’ve got nothing to say here. Fuck Gnomes."

this is the easiest raid boss I have done so far...besides the boss in BH..and he drops the worm trinket and a good DK tank weapon.. i likes

The thing that thsoe going on top and chaining him down NEED to remember is this: You can chain him down before he rears his head back up. The second you're on his back, chain him to the spike, do not wait for him to bring his head back up again. All you're doing is making death more likely by waiting.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by workhabits View Post
    this is the easiest raid boss I have done so far...besides the boss in BH..and he drops the worm trinket and a good DK tank weapon.. i likes
    Thanks for the responses. This is definitely the easiest fight by far which is why it has been bugging me so much. I am glad to see it is a correctable issue.