Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's true that dash and roar duration is long. But let's not forget that the CD for both skill is longer than you average roots breaking skill. If ever it gains immunity also, then a 15secs root immunity every 3mins is just meh for me.

I'm complaining though. It's better kitties have it rather than none.

Meh, start buffing Feral PvE damage already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wont be enough to counter a frost mage, they can currently keep us rooted in place for almost an entire arena match since there's no DR on it

Deleted
    Im thankful for these changes. They prove that blizzard understands that they nerfed feral too heavily
    and thats a step in the right direction. Lets be thanful for this people and also look at the change to
    mage roots sharing diminishing returns with eachother.

Im suspecting that someone on the dev-team has woken up from their crack induced coma and is thinking:

"What the shit have we done to classes the past few months?! We need to fix this asap!"

Hence the good changes to feral ang mages among others.

There is a small glimpse of hope!

15+ Year Old Account
    problem is desh and stampeding roar.. they mgiht clear any effect but it does NOT STATE FOR ITS DURATION, so we can shift out of roots 2x in a row and then we are screwed for 2 minuntes :P

besides stempeding raor is a good ability, evne now on life i use it from time to time, like on avoiding the whirlwind on al'akir, or while picking up the adds on neferion
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

This is awsome.

Also, if im correct, stampeding roar is now an aoe removing roots ability? Awsome! This makes the hybrid, even more hybrid like

Deleted
    Who cares? As long as casters have more than 2 roots, this does nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    Wont be enough to counter a frost mage, they can currently keep us rooted in place for almost an entire arena match since there's no DR on it

Feral for life, even if 4.0.6 drove me away.
    My feelings exactly. PvP is hot a high priority for me anyway, Blizzard would have to fix PvE for me to play again. Even though Dash has the longer cooldown I think Stampeding Roar should be the one to have its cooldown lowered. Dash is actually useful even with a 3 minute cooldown. Stampeding Roar is not that useful in PvE even with the changes since the cooldown if far longer than how often you typically need to use it. The duration and speed buff don't make much sense imo since those were not the issue. The biggest problem is the cooldown and other problem is the range is too small. Better than nothing but with such long cooldowns and no immunity I doubt it will turn out to be that helpful.

Well, Its a positive to see blizz realising that removing a class' unique ability was pretty silly. Its like removing stealth from Rogues to remove the shapeshift from a feral.

Hopefully they will take this change and take it a stage further and add in the duration immunity or lower the CD AND Energy cost of roar! 40energy is far too much. Also 35 energy for Skull Bash is pretty stupid also when a roogue is 15 for the same ability.

PvE dmg needs a buff also - from my own experiances im doing about 20k dps in 25man normal raids - but the scale into heroic gear will only give maybe 5k dps increase compared to some class that can already do well into 22k+, Sadly blizzard dont want to put in some "rule" that makes abilitys in PvP do 1 thing - and in PvE do another...

They have the 10% healing reduction in PvP, Why cant they make a feral's dmg higher in PvE and then lower it a bit in PvP if its too high. It cant be too hard to ask.

Maybe we are missing something here - since we gain dmg on our skills depending on the scale of the weapon dmg, and agility -> We may be a lowish dps class right now - but give us T12/T13 we are gona scale stupidly well if things continue the way they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    While this is true and frosties and such will remain to be a pain in the ass i really think this is an improvement towards the right direction. I for one am happy that Blizz has realized that breaking from roots has been an iconic druid ability since the beginning and the removal of that ability left many cats licking their paws.

Not a ultimate solution, but definitely a step towards the right direction.

I am happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note: Affected Targets.

You can clear the roots on your warrior pal, who will then murderise that atrocious li'l mage.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    How is getting two root removers without having to compensate not doing anything at all? Also aoe root remover!

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm AOE root remover, that is rather intresting pve wise :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Tbh I cant see how an AOE root remover would work with Dash but it's obvious how it will with Stampeding Roar.
    Buff Roar's range plz!!

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    How is getting two root removers without having to compensate not doing anything at all? Also aoe root remover!
    There appears to be a large disconnect between the developers and the available data. Feral was doing quite poorly in Arenas before the shapeshifting nerf. Removing all root breaks then giving 2 every 3 minutes will still leave the spec in pretty poor shape in PvP. The core problem being Feral doesn't have burst, they only have pressure and much of their CC is dependent on uptime. Adding a root break to Dash and Stampeding Roar will still not change the fact Blizzard has essentially removed Skull Bash, Maim, Ferocious Bite and Predatory Swiftness from Feral PvP. To put it in perspective Blizzard would have to make every root in the game share a 60 second DR just to get Feral back close to where it was which was pretty poor.

Deleted
    Is it only me , or anyone else too,believes that pve ppl shouldnt care that much about mobility changes.
    I mean, its not that much important for you to remove snare effects at raid fights.
    Am i right or ... ?

/flame

And btw , mages DO get diminishing at 2 of their 'roots' ( good news ).So , in proper use of those new changes , we might be able again to stick on their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    now a cooldown to break fear... lets hear some ideas.
    Try a trinket?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really ontop of all the changes etc. I myself play a warrior.

Either way, druids sure have been used to being able to break every root. I understand that it's annoying that you can't do it anymore. Either way, do you guys (assuming pvp) ever play with a dispeller of some kind? At least as a warrior it's more or less impossible to play without a pocket-dispeller. Mages and resto druids are a pain without one. Warriors have 1 root break (bladestorm) on a 1.5m cd. That's it. Sure we can get lucky with a spell reflect (lol 25s cd next patch) vs some druid that's not paying attention. We have an interupt, but so do you. Just realize already that this game is not balanced around 1v1, especially not vs frost mages who still are really strong.

Pocket-dispeller = good stuff. Can hardly play without one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggen View Post
    And btw , mages DO get diminishing at 2 of their 'roots' ( good news ).So , in proper use of those new changes , we might be able again to stick on their asses.
    It doesn't share DR's with pet nova or their own nova, so its hardly much of a change.
    Last edited by Alski; 2011-03-04 at 11:19 AM.

Everyone keeps quoting frostmages, but most classes in the game aren't as powerful at rooting as a frost mage, so this will be extremely useful.

Perhaps Blizzard will adjust the Frost Mages ability to root, but my advice would nto to be so transfixed on fighting that one class. I think most classes have problems vs Frost Mages, and thus we are not unique in that. Sounds like more of a problem with Frost Mages then Ferals.

P.S I wonder if Stampeding Roar will remove root from allies also?