So....kitty Hit?

Well I am gearing my kitty through heroics now and I have one question - Any hit?

I have decided to go for the JP helm over the stonecore helm, so should I then go for hit weapons or belt or gloves or whatever?

Is having 0 hit THAT disastrous? if other items are all decked in mastery/crit/haste?

15+ Year Old Account
    It really comes down to a personal preference (imo), but according to most sims mastery/crit/haste yield more dps yet if your lacking hit/exp your rotation can suffer which will yield less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider that crowd control effects and interrupts require hit too. A minimized DPS loss ain't nothing compared to missing that interrupt on the ability that can wipe your raid.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    According to SimCraft, the DPS increase in going from being hit capped to outright ignoring hit is about 254 DPS. That's 1%.

SimCraft - Non-hit capped Feral 4.0.6

SimCraft - Hit Capped Feral 4.0.6

Personally, I'm ambivalent about the whole thing. On one hand, it's nice always being guaranteed a hit (I'm hit capped for interrupt duties etc.) but on the other, not being hit capped adds some much needed challenge to Feral gameplay. (Do you have the reflexes to play well?)

Your choice, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Well I am gearing my kitty through heroics now and I have one question - Any hit?

I have decided to go for the JP helm over the stonecore helm, so should I then go for hit weapons or belt or gloves or whatever?

Is having 0 hit THAT disastrous? if other items are all decked in mastery/crit/haste?
    Put it this way. More haste = more dmg by a bit. 1% crit means that once in a while ( 1/100% chance ) that youl do twice as much dmg.

If you hit for 100 look at it this way;

100 hit 100 hit 100 hit 200 crit SWEET!!!!!
    But if you have 0 HIT then you're dmg will look like this
    100 hit 100 hit 100 hit 0 miss.

Though it may be juicy to have nice crit and haste, it does you no good if you're missing some attacks. Theoretically, if you're stacking crit and you miss, what would the chance be that that miss would have been a crit? 0!!!!!!! CAUSE YOU MISSED!

hit>sex life
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore View Post
    Put it this way. More haste = more dmg by a bit. 1% crit means that once in a while ( 1/100% chance ) that youl do twice as much dmg.

Though it may be juicy to have nice crit and haste, it does you no good if you're missing some attacks. Theoretically, if you're stacking crit and you miss, what would the chance be that that miss would have been a crit? 0!!!!!!! CAUSE YOU MISSED!

hit>sex life
    that is just wrong,

on the attack table critting takes prio over misses, so its not that you cant crit if you cant hit, also a crit is more then double damage it is ifact 2.26 times your damage, and if it happents on a combo ponit generating mvoe you get one extra combo point.

so you get:
    100 hit 100 hit 226 crit SWEET!!!!! 0 miss
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore View Post

hit>sex life
    At least get your numbers rigth if you want to argue againt simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    It really comes down to a personal preference (imo), but according to most sims mastery/crit/haste yield more dps yet if your lacking hit/exp your rotation can suffer which will yield less.
    When calculating stat values, Mew does take into account your rotation suffering when you have attacks missing or dodged.

---------- Post added 2011-03-04 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    on the attack table critting takes prio over misses, so its not that you cant crit if you cant hit, also a crit is more then double damage it is ifact 2.26 times your damage, and if it happents on a combo ponit generating mvoe you get one extra combo point.
    This is not correct either. Miss and Dodges are checked for on the attack table before Crit. Generally it doesn't matter because they are on the same roll table and are independent of each other unless miss + dodge + glance + crit > 100% which will bring us to the Crit cap we had back in WOTLK. This is for white attacks.

Yellow attacks are on two roll system. Misses and Dodges are checked first, then Crit is checked for on a separate roll. So reducing your miss and dodges will increase your overall yellow Crit chance.

Of course, misses for Yellows don't really matter so much because we get 80% energy refund from missed special attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Consider that crowd control effects and interrupts require hit too. A minimized DPS loss ain't nothing compared to missing that interrupt on the ability that can wipe your raid.
    Skull Bash will no longer miss, same as other interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.1 Patchnotes
    Classes: General

* All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Shield Bash, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2011-03-04 at 09:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    When calculating stat values, Mew does take into account your rotation suffering when you have attacks missing or dodged.
    I know that, seems like i missed a coma in that original statement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    This is not correct either. Miss and Dodges are checked for on the attack table before Crit. Generally it doesn't matter because they are on the same roll table and are independent of each other unless miss + dodge + glance + crit > 100% which will bring us to the Crit cap we had back in WOTLK. This is for white attacks.

Yellow attacks are on two roll system. Misses and Dodges are checked first, then Crit is checked for on a separate roll. So reducing your miss and dodges will increase your overall yellow Crit chance.
    tru, sorry mybad.
    i was confusing the normal hits whit misses :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Ignore expertise/hit OP, just aint better at the moment. Could have 5% hit for some kicking on neffy, or 8% hit-gear in bags if you really need to kick something until 4.1.

Just enjoy thoes mastery/crit items Haste>crit maybe a heroic Ilvl so crit/mastery is good like for you atm.

Deleted
    more hit = more stable rotation.
    less hit = more dps (it has been proven), IF - and only if - you are fast enough to react correctly (when you for example miss that 5p rip - so you cast rip again and not waste a combo point on shred or mangle).

hit is not that good since you get energy back if you miss. probably your worst stat and you should probably reforge away from it.
    mastery is not that good if you solo a lot but strong if your dots goes to work. also good if you are hybrid bear.
    haste is probably your worst stat as bear but one of your strongest stats as kitty both solo and in party/raid
    crit is a decent stat as bear but a rather weak stat as kitty compared to mastery and haste.

i run mostly heroics with my druid, mostly kitty but often as bear. i prio like this:
    gem red with agility, yellow with mastery+agi and blue with agi+stamina
    if item have mastery and haste, good.
    if not, reforge hit (or crit if item does not have hit) into mastery (or haste if item already have mastery)
    get two helmets. one with + armor and stamina meta and one with agility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Skull Bash will no longer miss, same as other interrupts.
    skull bash can miss (the +10% mana cost debuff), but not the interrupt.
    Last edited by mmoc13a303dfb3; 2011-03-04 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear your understanding is slightly flawed.

Haste and Crit are about equal in value. Skull Bash *could* not miss but the debuff *could*. This was fixed a bit ago. In the upcoming patch, Skull Bash will no longer miss again. You should ignore socket bonuses as kitty, unless they are for +20 agi or let you activate your meta (should you have taken something other than the Agile one for PvP reasons).

10+ Year Old Account
    i found that 4% hit is the soft spot, really dont need anymore, but if it comes for free then why not.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Look at my DPS on world of logs or max DPS im ranked in the top 100 for some fights im in the 50s and i have 1.37% chance to hit and 0 exp...