Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Before this mastery: Shifukt, I'm not getting enough hot streak proccs
    After this mastery: Shifukt, I'm getting too many hot streak proccs

The problem remains the same. The spec is still luck based. Crit would become a bad stats because it'd increase your chances to score hot streak. Avoid damage to deal more damage? COUNTER-INTUITIVE AS HELL.

What if someone didn't talent up hotstreak? Infinite stats bonus? That's a red hairing, but you get the idea. Basing an entire mastery on a choice that can be made by a player is bad omen.

Wake the fuck up, folks. A mastery based on luck with a spec that's already being criticized for being luck based is a super, super bad idea.

caps lock makes my opinions more true than the others

Replace hot streak proc with two consecutive crits and the talent selection is a no issue.

If the mastery were designed this way it would reduce chance by progressively increasing probability of getting two crits in a row.
    Let Reason Prevail

Yes!

This is a really good suggestion.

The good thing about this change that it wont buff or nerf fire mage overall, it will just make it less rng.

Taking away mastery dot increase will make dots do less (and aoe less "ignite spread" dmg) But! it will make fire mages have a most likely 100% uptime on their pyro dot + ignite dot. wich will be less dot dmg but more tics.
    Wich in the end of the day make us not spiky where you completely own the meters sometimes and next try right at the bottom, but rather have a stable dps. It might be a buff single target wise, but a nerf aoe wise so it rounds up as a good balance/fix for this spec.

Also to your other suggestion with having ignite as a usable spell. I dont think that's a good suggestion, as when we will with this change have most likely a crit within 5->10 secs anyways we will be sure to have ignite up (even after their removing ign proc from overall fire crits)

I really hope blizzard reades ur thread and consider it!

Gotta Agreee with that one, for me this seems really good :=)