Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you mean fight Ragnaros? I already did. I kicked his ass. Cenarius helped me!

And Malfurion too, and some useless Tauren was there too but he didn't do much. The 3 of use kicked his ass! Why do I have to go back?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you didn't kick his ass, you only pushed him back to the elemental plane, just like back in mc, he can only be truly killed in his own realm
    Must stand in fire ............... Fire GOOD

10+ Year Old Account
    Every night, as I go to bed, I ask the night:

"When, oh Nightmother, will people start reading the damn quest text?"

And every night, I fall asleep with laughter in my ears.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Misread the topic. We didn't kill him, we made sure he didnt destroy the world when he planned to. SETBACKS ABOUND!!
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

I always ask the night when they will just make the quest boxes a big next button with no text, then just get the arrow to point you in a direction to collect xp/gold

Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    And Malfurion too, and some useless Tauren was there too but he didn't do much. The 3 of use kicked his ass! Why do I have to go back?
    Now that he has legs he can kick your ass right back!
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Because it was merely a setback.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grieves View Post
    he can only be truly killed in his own realm
    Wanna go?

some useless Tauren
    No. Hamuul Runetotem is definitely not, "useless."
    Do work or be good at it.

"The exception here is Gnomes. This is a major race that is completely silly. I’ve got nothing to say here. Fuck Gnomes."

10+ Year Old Account
    what happens to shamans earth elemental pets if they die in deepholme

I would answer you: Read the damn quest texts. Pay attention to the damn story and you would know that you defeated him but he wasnt killed and that you didnt fight him at his full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Loridan View Post
    He is in comparison to Knaaked Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    He is in comparison to Knaaked Malfurion.
    Anyone compared to anything "Knaaked" is useless. They all shit fireballs and time-travel-raptorarmy-mary-sue their way to victory.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: Since Blizzard has to approve of anything Knaak writes about Azeroth anyway, why do everyone refer to him as though he made all the big decisions?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Quick question: Since Blizzard has to approve of anything Knaak writes about Azeroth anyway, why do everyone refer to him as though he made all the big decisions?
    Cus his style of writing is akin to that of a 13 year old. In addition, the books by that Christine lady arent nearly as bad and they are also approved by blizz.

We have gone horribly off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Loridan View Post
    This is true, worse comes to worse we could feed the steaks carved from his back to at least an entire division of Alliance troops.

---------- Post added 2011-03-04 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Now that he has legs he can kick your ass right back!
    I lol'd in RL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I think Blizz just looks at the overall storyline to make sure it fits. So there's still a lot of room for Knaaking to happen.

OT: If you listen to them after you kill him in Hyjal....they say something about just pushing him back into his realm.

people still seem amazed by this?
    remember, 80% of the players in WoW only use about 2% of their brain capacity while playing. Being reading, fighting or watching the bloody AoEs.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

ok here is the cheese on beings that aren't supposed to be on this plane.
    they can't generally get here on their own, most often someone needs to make a portal,rift in the veil that protects azeroth, or be directly summoned.

portals are tricky in that they can only bear a certain load of power at at time, thus why sargeras couldn't come through the same portal and the rest of the legion.

rifts are unstable and rare(generally) and often aren't open for long as the veil is quick tp repair its self, but allow for unfettered movement to azeroth.

summons are by far the most precarious of ways of entities to enter azeroth, as they generally must be maintained by a foci. if the foci is destroyed of the spell disrupted the being will be cast back to their home realm/world.

also a summoned being will generally be weakened to an equal lvl of the power put into the summoning spell, thus why Ragnaros was far weaker when we fought him in mc(summoned by a handful of dwarves) and hyjal(summoned by Deathwing) then when we will fight him in the firelands.

there is your lore explanation for the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Anyone compared to anything "Knaaked" is useless. They all shit fireballs and time-travel-raptorarmy-mary-sue their way to victory.
    Malfurion though has been consistently portrayed as both extremely powerful and wise, ever since his initial appearance in Warcraft 3. It sucks when a character is "perfect", but while Malfurion makes mistakes (like banishing Illidan), he's just one old, righteous leader who's doing his best.

Waiting for the moment when all this Cataclysm mess is dealt with, so that he can look at Ashenvale, say his "that angers me greatly" and sweep the Horde back to the Barrens in a torrent of uberpowered-up treants from hell.

EDIT: as for Ragnaros, up until recently any elemental being summoned to Azeroth was "anchored" in the world by a pair of bracers that appear on them upon summoning (look at Raggy, he has them too). When they are defeated, they aren't killed - it's more like the "anchors" give way and fall to the ground, and the being is spirited away back to their home plane (only recently, with the Cataclysm weakening the boundaries between the planes, summoning/creation of elementals in their "unbound" form became possible).

When you beat rags, he's just going home and he'll keep coming back. With the boundaries weakening he came back and took his chance with Hyjal, and was repelled back to where he was. We need to follow him and leave a horse's head on his pillow in his Firelands dacha or he'll never get the message.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2011-03-04 at 05:16 PM.