Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Consecration - PvP Usage Idea

We hardly see Consecration anymore, other than the occasional AoE tank pull, but that's it. It has no place in PvP at all, and Pallies don't have any sort of slow (no, Justice does not count). Why not make Consecration similar to Desecration, where it puts a bit of a slow on opponents who step in it? Anyone agree with this?

Or make it little more, but still not, original.
    Make it like flame wreath from Kara, but slows/roots you instead of damaging you when you move.
    Could be a talent or something but I think it's fair considering it's high mana cost(except for prot).

Edit: Just to clarify it wouldn't affect you if don't enter it or stand still if it's cast on you.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2011-03-04 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Make it like flame wreath from Kara, but slows/roots you instead of damaging you when you move.
    Could be a talent or something but I think it's fair considering it's high mana cost(except for prot).

Edit: Just to clarify it wouldn't affect you if don't enter it or stand still if it's cast on you.
    This is a pretty good idea. Due to the fact it's creating holy ground it could also be used as the class' visible aoe heal, at the moment the best paladin AoE heal is only visible via the little heal ticks which aren't exactly obvious if you're being healed by other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not make it split it's damage between all targets? I heard that's a common way to treat Paladin-AoE.
    Seriously? Anything is better than the current lamesecraction. The idea of a heal was already out there and so was the silence, but nothing ever made it, not even to the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should have the holy version of Desecration's slowing effect imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

The last thing we need is TWO classes with desecration. Imagine Ret/DK/X.... The whole arena would be filled with desecration
    Arena and Healer Blog - Informative & Updated daily!
    Spash

I would love a "Flame Wreath" Style of effect, but not just a I cast consecration and it happens thing. I would prefer a talent that gave HS when used to damage, SotR, or TV a 33% chance per charge of HP consumed to allow the casting of a targeted consecration, slowing them and making them take damage the more they move. Make the buggers think twice about running toward that pillar in fear.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post

I'm trying and trying to understand this... but I can't.

You don't need to slow people that have to stand still not to be slowed. They have a choice of standing still, or being slowed. Same as desecration.

Desecration doesn't slow you if you don't enter it or stand still either....

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I'm trying and trying to understand this... but I can't.

You don't need to slow people that have to stand still not to be slowed. They have a choice of standing still, or being slowed. Same as desecration.

Desecration doesn't slow you if you don't enter it or stand still either....
    Well I did say it could root too didn't I ?
    Obviously it would have to be a talent or increased CD, even with the high mana cost.

While there are probably other betters ideas there still should be something that makes you twice before interacting with a palas consectration.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkins View Post
    The last thing we need is TWO classes with desecration. Imagine Ret/DK/X.... The whole arena would be filled with desecration
    And yet there are now 3 classes with a battle res, and 3 (2 if you discount hunter pet buff) with heroism.

Bah, with the current condition of paladins the consecration should increase the movement speed of other players ...
    And if they did that they'd just have to get rid of HoF
    Last edited by Kiso94; 2011-03-05 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchkins View Post
    Thats not an argument at all. When consecration would be a viable pvp option it would be used and therefore would "fill the whole arena" like you word it. Even if it would have a totally different effect than desecration that makes it viable.

Also i think that was stated before in other discussions about that. I would like to see consecration have different effects for every tree via talents that are deep enough. Like providing a heal for friendly targets for holy and some kind of slow/root mechanic for ret, look at the last boss in stonecore whose void zones pull people into their middle when they step into it that would be great. And for prot its actually fine i think. Doesnt need a pvp use and in pve its a great tool when specced into it.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-03-05 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    When consecration would be a viable option it would be used
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    And yet there are now 3 classes with a battle res, and 3 (2 if you discount hunter pet buff) with heroism.
    And none of those abilities you mentioned can be used in arena.

Moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    it is. as a aoe tanking tool and a pve aoe dmg tool. whats your point?

Deleted
    Well I dont really think paladins need more CC or snares for protection or retribution. Although, creating a "Ring of Frost" Like ability but whichs roots your opponents would be viable.

"Holy Ground" - Fills the earth with holy power, causing the ground to root any opponents in it. Instant cast, 2 minutes cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauroon View Post
    Well I dont really think paladins need more CC or snares for protection or retribution. Although, creating a "Ring of Frost" Like ability but whichs roots your opponents would be viable.

"Holy Ground" - Fills the earth with holy power, causing the ground to root any opponents in it. Instant cast, 2 minutes cooldown.

LoL I am willing to bet 70% of the WoW community hates ring of frost with a passion and you want to add another one to the game. Holy pallies and frost mages already compliment each other well enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauroon View Post

more cc and snares ? could you please tell me where to find those because theres only 1 crappy cc thats ret only and a snare which is prot only with a glyph

Yah.... I was kinda confused when I read "more" cc's and snares, we have 1 class wide stun which is dispellable, 1 spec only incap, also dispellable, no snares except a prot glyph. I'm pretty sure every class has more cc/snares than we do in any given spec.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Consecration should do Four things for PvP.

1.) Be placeable anywhere you want just like DnD, like it should of been like for 7 years now.
    2.) increase the casters movement speed when on Consecration by 70%, this way you can run over it get across it to catch someone that much quicker.
    3.) Stun anyone for 1-2 seconds who runs out of consecrate, with a cap on how many people can be stunned.
    4.) more area covered, Lower Mana cost.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.