Thread: Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3

So by now everyone has heard about Battlefield 3 coming out http://www.ea.com/battlefield3 and they have been hyping up their Frostbite 2 engine for a while http://game.amd.com/us-en/content/im..._Interview.pdf
    Anyone else interested to see what this end product will be like? It seems like they want to integrate all platforms to play together online potentially but maybe I misread something... All in all it looks like its going to be a good game (mix of open field and close quarters combat).

lol they could never pair console players with PC players. It would just be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    lol they could never pair console players with PC players. It would just be a disaster.
    I can still see them trying it out without really caring (like how they got rid of prone and 64 player maps but are now bringing them back)

Can't. Wait. Until. Release.

So coming in a few weeks they are supposed to give another look at the new vehicle combat system.

Other fun facts
    -Pretty much everything can be destroyed
    -You can grab, carry, and knock stuff over
    -Return of 64 players on a map
    - ALLOWING PUBLIC TO MAP MOD *potentialy* (I really reallly reallllllllllly want this)

Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    So coming in a few weeks they are supposed to give another look at the new vehicle combat system.

Other fun facts
    -Pretty much everything can be destroyed
    -You can grab, carry, and knock stuff over
    -Return of 64 players on a map
    - ALLOWING PUBLIC TO MAP MOD *potentialy* (I really reallly reallllllllllly want this)
    I like all of those but the grab, carry stuff like what do you mean i can pick up this piece of fence and throw it at some1? i think i would rather shoot a gun

Deleted
    they wont combine the platforms to play on same servers. microsoft tested that for xbox live and quitted fast. rumors are even skilled xbox players where outclassed by average pc'ers. (if you want "proof" just google for something like "microsoft crossplatform test")
    but I hope it will be a very good game. preordered it as soon as I heard about it.
    guess I'll need a new pc then, I hate playing at mediocre graficssettings.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavastrasz View Post
    they wont combine the platforms to play on same servers. microsoft tested that for xbox live and quitted fast. rumors are even skilled xbox players where outclassed by average pc'ers. (if you want "proof" just google for something like "microsoft crossplatform test")
    but I hope it will be a very good game. preordered it as soon as I heard about it.
    guess I'll need a new pc then, I hate playing at mediocre graficssettings.
    I first played bad company 2 on the lowest settings then i got a new gpu played on the highest and i was like :O AMAZING

Just so i get it straight now... It is supposed to be like Battlefield 2/1942 not BC1/2. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Zztank View Post
    Just so i get it straight now... It is supposed to be like Battlefield 2/1942 not BC1/2. Correct?
    More like they are trying to combine the best of both.

And to answer the previous question of what you can grab - If you saw the video you can pull dying members to safety + you can interact with terrain around like moving a barrel in front of you to for protection.

It looks like an awesome game
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

It should be a great game with all of DICE's experience over the years making multiplayer-only FPS games. Too bad all marketing effort s being poured into single player part, which is basically yet another CoD wannabe with heavily scripted scenes...

Battlefield > Modern Cheatfare
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA378...&feature=feedu

I'll just leave this here.

New trailer for BF3, looks awesome.

Wondering how this would run on my computer, graphics wise. Radeon 6850. hrm.

Either way, sexy trailer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Yeah us PC players would finally get to show how we'll completely and utterly brutalize console players with our quick reactions and much better controls.

Looking forward to B3, it's gonna be awesome.

People have tried the cross-platform thing. Even when they gave console players aim assist they were still getting wrecked by PC players. The best console player has no defense against even the worst PC gamer.
    Cross platform works for co-op though. Take Portal 2 for example. PC and PS3 players able to bro it up.
    When it comes to competitive play, though, consoles will never be able to play with PC players.

On topic though, BF3 is going to be nothing but BF2 swapped over to the new engine. Same features as before, same amount of players. Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's going to be a fantastic game and I'm getting the deluxe edition mailed to me, but I was sort of expecting 128 players on huge battlefields. But if that's the price to pay to get it on an amazing engine, it's definitely worth it. I can't wait to hear jets breaking the sound barrier overhead on the Frostbite 'war tapes' sound quality engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    I will gank someone with mobs on them.
    I will gank someone with 10% health.
    I will gank regardless of 'reds' situation.

cope

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedRob View Post
    People have tried the cross-platform thing. Even when they gave console players aim assist they were still getting wrecked by PC players. The best console player has no defense against even the worst PC gamer.
    Cross platform works for co-op though. Take Portal 2 for example. PC and PS3 players able to bro it up.
    When it comes to competitive play, though, consoles will never be able to play with PC players.

On topic though, BF3 is going to be nothing but BF2 swapped over to the new engine. Same features as before, same amount of players. Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's going to be a fantastic game and I'm getting the deluxe edition mailed to me, but I was sort of expecting 128 players on huge battlefields. But if that's the price to pay to get it on an amazing engine, it's definitely worth it. I can't wait to hear jets breaking the sound barrier overhead on the Frostbite 'war tapes' sound quality engine.
    I think that shadowrun (or something like that) had xbox360 and PC players playing with each other, and it failed pretty hard.